PDA

View Full Version : WBL and E6?

heavyfuel
2014-02-27, 07:46 AM
Started running an E6 game for the first time a few sessions ago, and something that recently occured to me is, with the reduced ammount of magical items available, how does one handle WBL?

Sure, up till level 6 it should just be regular D&D, but once my players go "epic", how exactly does the money progression go? I was thinking of giving them one level's worth of wealth for every 5 feats. Does this seems fair?

Also, how CAN they spend money? It's not like there's plenty of magical items to go around. They can't really upgrade their weapons and armors past +2 and mundane items tend to be pretty inexpensive (i'm looking at you, spyglass).

Was also thinking about reducing the ammount of actual currency they have, raise the price and availability of magical items in the magi-mart, but compensate by giving them "long lost items from an ancient civilization". What do you guys think?

Fouredged Sword
2014-02-27, 07:52 AM
Well, they tend to get a golf bag of weapons. All the banes, a spattering of elements... But yes, EBL goes out the window without too much trouble.

Archer actually has a bonus because they can afford to burn magic arrows alongside that magic bow they use, getting the equivalent of a +3 weapon. Two weapon fighters finally smile for once also.

But yes, eventually the party has every item on their wish list, and it isn't about wealth anymore. If it was, they would retire at level 5 or so, when they have the money to live nicely for the rest of their lives.

Stoneback
2014-02-27, 08:09 AM
Raising armies, clearing dominions, and building keeps and castles can become expensive.

Don't forget mistresses. Mistresses have at least 15 ranks in Spending Your Money For You.