PDA

View Full Version : Weird Swiftblade?

Val666
2014-02-27, 05:34 PM
Hello guys, a friend came from usa last week. He told us to start a new game with him as dm so i wanted to try Swiftblade.

Im actually a Warforged Dragonborn:
STR: 15
DEX: 13
CON: 20
INT: 16
WIS: 11
CHA: 9
My current build is: Fighter (Exoticist) 1/Wizard (Eidetic) 5/ Swiftblade 9/ Abjurant Champion 5

All martial weapon requirements were changed to exotic weapons.
Im at level 1 planing on Domain Wizard (Transmutation for more haste)

Feat:
1: Power Attack, Combat Casting, Dodge, Molbity
3:Practised spellcaster
6: ?
9: Leap Attack
12: Flyby attack maybe
15:?
18:?

Need help on spells selection, feats and tactics. Also...is a Warforged Dragonborn weird for a Swiftblade? dont think about him as the Big Guy with metal plates,jaw and wings. He is more slim but also strong (:

PD: Got spiked chain

Chronos
2014-02-27, 05:38 PM
I don't see any particular synergy between your race and class, but dragonborn warforged is a strong race, and swiftblade is a strong build, and neither do I see any antisynergy between them. You should be fine on that score.

Fable Wright
2014-02-27, 07:11 PM
Need help on spells selection, feats and tactics. Also...is a Warforged Dragonborn weird for a Swiftblade? dont think about him as the Big Guy with metal plates,jaw and wings. He is more slim but also strong (:

PD: Got spiked chain
Minor Shapeshift fits into your 15/18 slot well. Not sure about the Fighter 1 level; take Militia as your 1st level feat and you have proficiency with all martial weapons, which is enough for Abjurant Champion and Swiftblade. You should take Expeditious Dodge instead of regular dodge. Arcane Strike is always good and fits in well at 9. Extend Spell at 6 and Persistent Spell at 18 would round out your build well, as you can always use extra duration, and Persistent Wraithstrike at 18 is still fantastic.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-02-27, 07:19 PM
You would be better off with Wizard 6/ Swiftblade 9/ Abjurant Champion 5, using this Wizard variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizard) to get bonus Fighter feats instead of your bonus Wizard feats.

What Dragonborn aspect are you using? Heart aspect with Entangling Exhalation (RotD) will give you an extremely useful damage plus crowd control ability that's still good at the high levels with spells like Blinding Breath (SC). You don't really need the wings aspect, as spells can be substituted for that, and the mind aspect is the worst of the three. Just spend a feat on EWP and you'll still qualify just fine.

Rebel7284
2014-02-28, 09:42 AM
I like a Spelldancer (http://dndtools.eu/classes/spelldancer/) dip in builds like this. 3 out of your 4 prereq feats overlap, and the ability to Persist buffs is amazing.

Nightraiderx
2014-02-28, 10:51 AM
wierd? nah I had the race idea awhile ago but never got to try it,
maybe i'll make an epic lvl version of this since I was planning swiftblade.

Val666
2014-03-01, 02:31 AM
Got Entangling Exhalation Dx About taking 6 wizard levels, I have to take at least 1 Fighter level at level 1 because of background and DM stuff -.-! Is Practised Spellcaster good at level 3? with that im not losing any caster level.
My DM changed the martial weapon requirements of swiftblade and abjurant champion to exotic weapons so no problem with that. I still got 3 exotic weapon proficiencies, any suggestion? I WANT HARPOON

Also I get another Fighter bonus feat at wizard 5. Suggestions?