PDA

View Full Version : PF - Kingdom rules questions

BWR
2014-02-28, 10:23 AM
So my players have recently founded their own domains in good old D&D tradition and we thought we'd try using the domain building rules presented in Ultimage Campaign. However, we've run into some potential issues, and I was hoping someone here could enlighten us on them.
In short, it seems too damn easy to do things.
So far the domain is only 6 hexes and 1 settlement, and has nearly 400 BP in the treasury (the PCs found a lot of loot in one adventure).

1. Control DCs are too easy. I understand that these will become more difficult the larger the domain becomes but right now and for the forseeable future they will fail only on a 1. Am I missing something?

2. Consumption vs income/reducers. Consumption seems very low compared to the amount of reducers and income you have. Right now with only minimal effort Consumption is 0 (actually negative). is this something that will change when things get bigger? Because it seems like it doesn't take much to reduce Consumption, and keeping things going in general is terribly cheap.

3. Unrest. How can this ever be a problem? Build a couple dozen houses and you will reduce Unrest by so much it should never be an issue.

4. Income. Again, this seems way too easy. It easily overshadows all Consumption, never mind the Consumption reducers. Am I missing something?

stack
2014-02-28, 10:53 AM
Armies eat a lot of consumption, which is why it's important to have a lot of farms before raising them. Note that armies cost by the week, not the month. Other than that, 400 BP is a very strong starting point for a small kingdom.