PDA

View Full Version : Finding a new group?

Maugan Ra
2014-02-28, 11:41 AM
Hullo, folks.

So, after having to abruptly move cities due to some circumstances out of my control, I have found myself entirely bereft of any IRL gaming groups. And, for some reason, I can't seem to work out how to locate another one... of course, the fact that it's Friday afternoon at work might have something to do with this.

Anyway, does anyone know of an easy... index, I suppose, or something of the kind that would let me track down a new group that I could try and join? Or, if any of you happen to be located vaguely near London, any recommendations?

*resumes staring at clock, waiting for 5pm*

Delwugor
2014-02-28, 11:59 AM
The most effective I have found right now is meetup.com groups. Not sure if that would help in London though.
If you have a FLAGS near by, stop in there are talk with people.

Brookshw
2014-02-28, 12:04 PM
Not sure about your location but most hobby stores around here have open games anyone can join.

Honest Tiefling
2014-02-28, 01:17 PM
Uh, which games? From what I have heard from a friend, a lot of FLAGS in some parts of England were very into Warhammer.

Adam...?
2014-02-28, 06:30 PM
Pen & Paper Games and RPG Game Find are both websites designed to help people find local gaming groups. Tangled Web too, but I'm pretty sure that's geared more towards online play-by-post or roll20 style games. You could also look for tabletop group on Meetup, or check Reddits r/LFG.

Checking local stores is always a good option too.

Red Fel
2014-02-28, 09:42 PM
Seconding MeetUp. Very useful website.

It may also introduce you to gaming stores you didn't know were in your area. Which is similarly nice.

mephnick
2014-02-28, 09:59 PM
Threaten random people on the street with a weapon, that's what I'm thinking of doing.

Delwugor
2014-03-04, 12:21 PM
Threaten random people on the street with a weapon, that's what I'm thinking of doing.
How's that working out for you? :smallbiggrin:

Felhammer
2014-03-05, 07:29 PM
Hullo, folks.

So, after having to abruptly move cities due to some circumstances out of my control, I have found myself entirely bereft of any IRL gaming groups. And, for some reason, I can't seem to work out how to locate another one... of course, the fact that it's Friday afternoon at work might have something to do with this.

Anyway, does anyone know of an easy... index, I suppose, or something of the kind that would let me track down a new group that I could try and join? Or, if any of you happen to be located vaguely near London, any recommendations?

*resumes staring at clock, waiting for 5pm*

Find out where people play locally, be it a shop or a club. Barring that, find out where D&D Encounters or the Pathfinder Society meet up. If that doesn't work, then find out where people play other nerd hobbies (Magic, 40k, etc.) and ask around.

Facebook, Twitter, Meetup and google are going to be your best tools to find groups.

Firest Kathon
2014-03-06, 06:47 AM
Find out where people play locally, be it a shop or a club. Barring that, find out where D&D Encounters or the Pathfinder Society meet up.
You can find Pathfinder Society events on Paizo's website: March (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/events#Great%20Britain-3), April (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/events#Great%20Britain-4).

Altair_the_Vexed
2014-03-06, 07:00 AM
UK Roleplayers forum has lots of clubs and gamers looking for groups / members.
http://www.ukroleplayers.com/forum/index.php

Prince_Ornstein
2014-03-06, 12:18 PM
Seconding reddits /r/lfg pretty cool place where you can post for exactly what you are looking for, whether you want to be a Pc or dm and your location. I would advise against putting your exact address on reddit though lol