PDA

View Full Version : Does a character remember death?

jordan.k93
2014-02-28, 02:12 PM
So I feel my character is gonna die, the DM is going nuts and throwing some crazy stuff at us, and in the inevitable eventuality that is our demise, resurrection is possible, and I'd like to know if PC's would remember their time in the afterlife?

My character is a Wee Jas worshiper, so I imagine a trip to the Infernal Battle ground might shake him up a little which could bring apon some interesting RP...

Is this something that is set in stone or at the DMs discretion?

killem2
2014-02-28, 02:30 PM
I'm not exactly sure on this, but I do know that souls have to be willing to be returned to life, which says to me, there is some link there.

Slipperychicken
2014-02-28, 02:45 PM
Is this something that is set in stone or at the DMs discretion?

There is fluff for it in the books, but you'll be best off asking your GM to think about the answer so he can give a coherent reply when your PC gets rezzed.

jordan.k93
2014-02-28, 02:55 PM
I'm not exactly sure on this, but I do know that souls have to be willing to be returned to life, which says to me, there is some link there.

Yeah that's along the same lines I was thinking, unless maybe as soon as they think "OH GODS YES, RELEASE ME FROM THIS HELL" they lose the memories?

The Oni
2014-02-28, 03:03 PM
Probably depends on the setting and method of resurrection. If it were me and we were in vanilla Pathfinder, I'd say Raise Dead has you forget stuff (hence the negative levels you end up with) and so does Reincarnate, but Resurrection/True Resurrection lets you remember everything since it more or less recreates the body from the soul.