PDA

View Full Version : Will Belker die?

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 08:19 PM
Personally I'm afraid that he might, that would really shake up the story. First Shojo (who Belker liked) and next Belker. Ofcourse they would find a way to bring him back, but will Miko kill him?

heretic
2007-01-31, 08:23 PM
Vice versa.

Setra
2007-01-31, 08:24 PM
I doubt Belkar will die at this point in time.

JKR
2007-01-31, 08:24 PM
No, come on! Miko was stabbed through the belly, so apparently most characters are pretty tough. He'll be fine.

Lord Zentei
2007-01-31, 08:26 PM
Personally I'm afraid that he might, that would really shake up the story. First Shojo (who Belker liked) and next Belker. Ofcourse they would find a way to bring him back, but will Miko kill him?

Well, shoot, serves me right for voting before reading the OP.

"Yes", he will die in the course of the comic, but not at this time. He hasn't become responsible for the death of either the Miko, Miko's Stupid Horse, Roy, Vaarsuvius or the Oracle yet.

Nu
2007-01-31, 08:26 PM
Miko couldn't put a dent in Roy, and if she actually stops to battle Belkar, I doubt she could cut through his defenses before Roy catches up. Belkar is probably about as good defensively in melee as Roy, and even might be better at taking damage, given his level of Barbarian. I don't think Miko poses much danger of killing Belkar at this point, without Smite Evil and such.

Shapechanger
2007-01-31, 08:28 PM
Nope, hasn't fulfilled his prophecy.

Although he could die in the process of fulfilling it... hmmm...

But I doubt it, honestly.

Jester42
2007-01-31, 08:30 PM
I say that Belkar bitch slaps Miko with his Culturaly required sheet of lead.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-01-31, 08:31 PM
"Yes", he will die in the course of the comic, but not at this time. He hasn't become responsible for the death of either the Miko, Miko's Stupid Horse, Roy, Vaarsuvius or the Oracle yet.

I agree. Unless he finishes off Miko as she kills him, but that seems pretty unlikely.

Lord Zentei
Miko couldn't put a dent in Roy, and if she actually stops to battle Belkar, I doubt she could cut through his defenses before Roy catches up. Belkar is probably about as good defensively in melee as Roy, and even might be better at taking damage, given his level of Barbarian. I don't think Miko poses much danger of killing Belkar at this point, without Smite Evil and such.

She did actually stun him for a moment there. Though I suspect she'll go for the expedious retreat.

theKOT
Nah, she's gonna try to get away as quickly as possible, so that her status of recurring villain may be kept.

Raxtenko
2007-01-31, 08:33 PM
I refuse to answer on the grounds that this poll shows clear favouritism, darn it! (But no he won't die...yet.)

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 08:34 PM
Another thing is that Belkar is actually acting pretty afraid of Miko at the moment so....

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 08:36 PM
I refuse to answer on the grounds that this poll shows clear favouritism, darn it! (But no he won't die...yet.)

To be honest Belkar is the very character that drew me into this comic, and Miko is one who kept me going. Just because she is so much fun to hate. ALso Mr. Scruffy rocks but that is another story.

Cleverdan22
2007-01-31, 08:37 PM
It's possible. He might kill her as he dies. Remember what the Oracle said.

heretic
2007-01-31, 08:38 PM
Only because he can't fight back.

That's Miko for you...only attacks old unarmed men and people half her height magically bound to not kick her ass...runs from a real warrior like Roy...I understand though...the whole "paladin's honor thing"...scoundrel...

Elfwitch
2007-01-31, 08:40 PM
No he won't die. Though I would be laughing if he did.

He is one of my favorite characters but I also think he is an evil little man who has much deserved smack down coming.

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 08:40 PM
Only because he can't fight back.

And seeing as how he can't fight back scares me the most. Funnily enough I voted that he'll be badly injured.

Raxtenko
2007-01-31, 08:41 PM
To be honest Belkar is the very character that drew me into this comic, and Miko is one who kept me going. Just because she is so much fun to hate. ALso Mr. Scruffy rocks but that is another story.

Well, I was joking...but I hope she slices that murdering pscyopath in two. :redface:

heretic
2007-01-31, 08:46 PM
So do I. Wait, which murdering psychopath? She could commit seppuku, but that is getting less and less likely. I assume you're referring to Belkar.

When you use "Miko" and "murdering psychopath" in the same sentence, my mind jumps the gun and attaches them together.

It would be hard to cut yourself in half too...suspicious...

slayerx
2007-01-31, 08:49 PM
Absolutly not... putting aside possibly plot protection since he is a leading character that is very popular... we got two signs that he will not die

1) Fromt he oracle we know he's supposed to have atleast one more birthday before he dies (though i could be taking the oracle's joke too literally)
2) Belkar must first kill Miko, miko's horse, V, or Roy... the oracle said he would kill one of them, and he has yet to do so...

However, bad injury, is a definate possibility

ozymand1as
2007-01-31, 09:02 PM
For the sake of the story, Belkar will not die (asumming). However for the sake of the story (again), he will have problems.

chibibar
2007-01-31, 09:08 PM
I wonder if you can use ring of jump in an angle to tackle?

heretic
2007-01-31, 09:09 PM
^ ^
Great idea.

The honest illusionist
2007-01-31, 09:11 PM
What about that Ring of Jumping +20? Miko charges at Belkar > Belkar jumps > Miko misses Belkar and overshoots him into a dark room without a lantern in it > Miko gets eaten by a grue.

chibibar
2007-01-31, 09:13 PM
the only reason I mention it cause well.. I'm no jumper myself but I have jump tackle people before (or leap tackle) it can be done. so since Belkar get a +20 to jump I guess he could technically tackle her.

Of course he is no defense backer(he said so himself) and only 3 feet 2... well.. it would still hurt at least slows her down.

30lbs coming at you unexpectly... yea... she might fall down.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-01-31, 09:17 PM
The Oracle hinted he was going to die soon. And it doesn't seem all that likely that he's going to take down Miko at the same time. But the prophecy claims that he'll kill one of the aforementioned people first. Odd, yes.

But then, there's a cleric on his way to the throne room right now prepared to cast raise dead, isn't there?

Demented
2007-01-31, 09:18 PM
It's like hurling three sacks of potatoes at someone.

This poll is unvoteable. "Poor, poor Belkar"? Are you mad!?

agentx42
2007-01-31, 09:19 PM
Well, sure, of course Belkar will die. His diet consists of fatty foods, he has anger-control issues, which are probably bad for his blood pressure, and outside of the odd homicidal rampage he rarely gets exercise, ...

Oh, wait. You mean, 'will he die in the next installment'.

Good question. Hmmm...

Raxtenko
2007-01-31, 09:25 PM
So do I. Wait, which murdering psychopath? She could commit seppuku, but that is getting less and less likely. I assume you're referring to Belkar.

When you use "Miko" and "murdering psychopath" in the same sentence, my mind jumps the gun and attaches them together.

It would be hard to cut yourself in half too...suspicious...

No, no Miko may be crazy and deluded but she's no murdering psychopath. Belkar's got it in spades though.

TinSoldier
2007-01-31, 09:32 PM
Well, since the first choice in the poll was horribly biased, I voted for "Bad Injury".

One can always hope.

Jester42
2007-01-31, 10:09 PM
I seems like everyone interperates the oracle as Belkar is going to die. What if is something that is misleading like Belkar will obtain perpetual youth. No retirement if you never grow old.
Probably not, but it could be :)

Planewalker
2007-01-31, 10:10 PM
Not a chance, I don't think Belkar can die yet, we have a long way to go.

Raxtenko
2007-01-31, 10:13 PM
Well, since the first choice in the poll was horribly biased, I voted for "Bad Injury".

One can always hope.

Miko's medium sized...she could just bull rush Belkar into...something...taht'd probably hurt.

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 10:14 PM
It's like hurling three sacks of potatoes at someone.

This poll is unvoteable. "Poor, poor Belkar"? Are you mad!?

Seriously, yes! In a good way at least. Sure Belkars a mudering nutball but he's just so... uh hmmmm.

sethdarkwater
2007-01-31, 10:16 PM

One can always hope.

Hey its my poll, deal with it.
And I mean that in a nice way.

Raxtenko
2007-01-31, 10:23 PM
I think TinSoldier's point is that a poll isn't supposed to be biased. but hey whatever, your poll. I'll just be here polishing my statue of Miko.

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-01-31, 10:24 PM
In response to the title, I certainly hope so. Little wretch has gotten away with entirely too much.

TinSoldier
2007-01-31, 10:24 PM
My other point agrees with others -- he's a main character and even if he is meant to die it probably isn't yet.

So "Bad Injury" still makes the most sense.

Miko fans, however, can still hope to have "halfling on a stick".

Bluefin
2007-01-31, 10:26 PM
I don't forsee any OOTS dying before the end of the series since this is a humor based comic. So, I vote no.

Alsadius
2007-01-31, 10:26 PM
Remember the prophecy? He has to kill at least one of the five before he can die. It's not like the geezer is around to get him resurrected by the local clerics anymore.

Sun_Krigo
2007-01-31, 10:27 PM
Well, shoot, serves me right for voting before reading the OP.

What strip is the Oracle? I don't remember such a character...... Wait, nevermind, I remember now...

Jester42
2007-01-31, 10:30 PM
I don't forsee any OOTS dying before the end of the series since this is a humor based comic. So, I vote no.

However death, if done right, can be funny.

Jester42
2007-01-31, 10:31 PM
What strip is the Oracle? I don't remember such a character...... Wait, nevermind, I remember now...

Check 329 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0329.html)The All-Seeing Oracle and the next half dozen strips.

Demented
2007-01-31, 10:34 PM
Miko fans, however, can still hope to have "halfling on a stick".

Hey now, not all Miko fans are Belkar, er... whatever the opposite of fan is. That's just an unfair assumption!

Shapechanger
2007-01-31, 10:39 PM

It's not exclusively humor-based by any means. There's plenty of drama.

TinSoldier
2007-01-31, 10:42 PM
Hey now, not all Miko fans are Belkar, er... whatever the opposite of fan is. That's just an unfair assumption!True. He still has the best lines and makes me laugh.

I've actually learned a lot from Belkar from reading this strip. Before I would have reacted to a Belkar in an otherwise good party the same way that many here react to Miko.

Talya
2007-01-31, 11:03 PM
Everybody dies. Eventually.

Well, except some outsiders. Sabine might outlast them all.

Raxtenko
2007-01-31, 11:09 PM
Ya Evil People can be pretty fun and stuff, but here's to hoping we get Halfling-on-a-Sword on Friday.

Bluefin
2007-01-31, 11:26 PM
It's not exclusively humor-based by any means. There's plenty of drama.

Well, it was humor based primarily (as in in the beginning), before all the drama. Heck, the main villain group (Xykon) is hilarious.

Still, I guess Belkar could die if he somehow got revived shortly afterward. Becuase otherwise, we'd need new banners. :smalltongue:

Axorcist
2007-01-31, 11:44 PM
If that b*t*h kills Belkar, I stop reading. :smallfurious:

The Familiar
2007-01-31, 11:45 PM
Belkar will die--and probably soon.

How else is he going to get the Mark of Justice removed--bleach?

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-01-31, 11:46 PM
If Miko fulfills her duty and slays the vile halfling, I will dance for joy that justice has finally caught it with him. :smallamused:

fruityjanitor
2007-01-31, 11:59 PM
Nope, hasn't fulfilled his prophecy.

Although he could die in the process of fulfilling it... hmmm...

Or she could die after he does as a result of stopping to kill him (for example, her fight with Belkar gives Roy enough time to catch up to her and kill her).

The prophecy says Belkar will cause one of their deaths. It doesn't explicitly say he will directly kill any of them.

Although I doubt Belkar will die now too. It would be a lot to have two deaths like this so close together.

Mike_G
2007-02-01, 12:00 AM
I'll just be here polishing my statue of Miko.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Is that what you call it?

You'll go blind if you keep "polishing the statue," you know.

Raxtenko
2007-02-01, 12:02 AM
It's a real statue made from tin cans and the blood of evil halflings.

TinSoldier
2007-02-01, 12:15 AM
Or she could die after he does as a result of stopping to kill him (for example, her fight with Belkar gives Roy enough time to catch up to her and kill her).

The prophecy says Belkar will cause one of their deaths. It doesn't explicitly say he will directly kill any of them.

Although I doubt Belkar will die now too. It would be a lot to have two deaths like this so close together.Hrm. I hadn't thought of that.

Belkar's part in causing Miko's fall is what causes her death earlier than it otherwise was fated to be. No matter when Belkar dies, the die is cast either way.

Kayura
2007-02-01, 01:02 AM
I doubt he'll die. After all the oracle did say "You'd better enjoy your next birthday" this incinuated that there will be a next birthday for Belkar. So to all you halfling haters out there :yuk:

Kayura