PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshifting Druid ACF

Krazzman
2014-02-28, 03:41 PM
Hello again,

currently thinking about building a Character with the Shapeshifting ACF from PHB2.
And I have some questions about it.

1)
Being a Halfling Druid and transforming into the Wolf-form do I keep the sizepenality to strength and bonus to dex or do I lose them due to being Medium?

2)
Could I get a Shapeshifting Ranger via Wildshape Ranger and then Trading Wildshape and Animal Companion for Shapeshifting? (Or would this be depending on a DM-call?)

3)
Can I use Reservefeats/SLA's while in shapeshift forms or do they fall under the same limitation as Spells (I remember reading somewhere that this would be feasible but can't find it)?

4)
Can I use my iteratives as a Wolf or can I use them only as an Elemental? Or not even then?

5)
Are there customizations for weapons to be able to be wielded in someones mouth?

Thanks in advance.

bekeleven
2014-02-28, 04:58 PM
1 - The halfling's strength penalty is not explicitly called out as a size penalty, and you don't lose it. If it were, I'm not sure what the answer would be.

2 - Officially, no, but I would allow it since shapeshift is so much less powerful than wild shape. Although I suppose some limitations of shapeshift hurt druid more than ranger (like losing a 1/2 fighter instead of a .01 fighter, or losing 9th level spells instead of 4th, etc).

3 - SLAs are fine, although some may have rules about casting them, like how Warlock invocations need free hands and Factotum's Arcane Dilettante requires components. I think reserve feats are fine as well, as they're supernatural abilities. Shapeshift: "You keep all extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like special attacks and qualities of your normal form, except for those requiring a body part your new form does not have."

4 - Natural attacks generally don't play nice with iteratives. There are exceptions, but they're rare enough that I doubt you will encounter them.

5 - The Mouthpick enhancement from Lords of Madness. I think it's a +1 weapon special ability.

SinsI
2014-02-28, 05:43 PM
5) Take two levels of Totemist, shape Girallon Arms soulmeld, and bind it to your Totem slot. You now have extra two arms(that grant you 4 additional claw attacks).