PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Fear Immunity: Is Dread Witch The Only Way?

Fax Celestis
2014-02-28, 05:49 PM
As title. Help a brother out.

BrokenChord
2014-02-28, 08:04 PM
... Gah, I really need to learn to read that thing below peoples' avatars :smalleek:

On-topic, according to my several minutes of research the only way around fear immunity is removing it. Dispels usually help, since most things not using magic to become immune to fear are Mindless anyway...

Actually, I think there are ways to make creatures non-Mindless. So that would be a place to start. Sorry I can't offer anything, but I'm pretty sure there's just nothing else that can help Fear... Oh, well maybe Mindbender. Don't Mindbenders get the ability to use Enchantments on things normally immune to them or something?

ZX6Rob
2014-02-28, 08:05 PM
As title. Help a brother out.
It's Pathfinder, but Dreamscarred Press' Dread (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/dread) class (from Ultimate Psionics) has an ability at 3rd level which flat-out negates fear immunity within a 10-foot radius of the character. You'd have to want to get up-close and personal, though.

Fax Celestis
2014-02-28, 09:37 PM
... Gah, I really need to learn to read that thing below peoples' avatars :smalleek:

...I get that a lot, actually. :|

It's Pathfinder, but Dreamscarred Press' Dread (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/dread) class (from Ultimate Psionics) has an ability at 3rd level which flat-out negates fear immunity within a 10-foot radius of the character. You'd have to want to get up-close and personal, though.

Oh man, yes. That is perfect. Dread 7 or Dread 4/Full BAB 2 is excellent entry for Avenging Executioner.

BrokenChord
2014-02-28, 09:44 PM
...I get that a lot, actually. :|

I'm so sorry.

Sith_Happens
2014-02-28, 09:54 PM
I'm so sorry.

I don't get it.:smallconfused:

Nihilarian
2014-02-28, 10:04 PM
I don't get it.:smallconfused:The avatar appears to be a lady but Fax is actually a guy. Broken was saying he should look at other's genders (the symbol below the avatar).

Sith_Happens
2014-02-28, 10:17 PM
The avatar appears to be a lady but Fax is actually a guy. Broken was saying he should look at other's genders (the symbol below the avatar).

That's what I was thinking.

BrokenChord
2014-02-28, 10:17 PM
The avatar appears to be a lady but Fax is actually a guy. Broken was saying he should look at other's genders (the symbol below the avatar).

... And now I've suddenly been given a reason to make my own gender more evident.

I'm so sorry for derailing your thread, Fax >_>

Fax Celestis
2014-03-01, 12:34 AM
Meh, my question got answered in a satisfactory and awesome way. Now I can actually put together that build I've been wanting to.

Nihilarian
2014-03-01, 12:51 AM
... And now I've suddenly been given a reason to make my own gender more evident.

I'm so sorry for derailing your thread, Fax >_>Sorry about that.

CyberThread
2014-03-01, 02:28 AM
:D the good ole days of being CyberDrag, with my GitP Orc Warrior, with a photoshopped tutu over it.

Malcador
2014-03-01, 02:35 AM
Because your current beholder avatar gives so much insight into your gender? I bet the beholder is in drag too, you just can't tell because it's a beholder.

About Fax, it doesn't help his case that "fax", the Latin word for torch, has feminine gender.

CyberThread
2014-03-01, 02:52 AM
Think in your sarcasm, you didn't read the part that said, in the good ole days of a past user name. So before you go swinging around your cudgel of stupid, make sure you don't hit yourself on the head on that fumbled 1 roll, lol. My gender is not important , we are here to talk about DnD, not what is between my legs.

Anyways, when in confusion, the joys of gender neutral pronouns are nice, they and them; save so much trouble.

An sadly yes, that prc is the main way to get past fear. Have you already hit up the fear handbook?

Ravens_cry
2014-03-01, 03:02 AM
I am happy to be an androgynous little nudist.:smalltongue:
As for fear immunity, I think it's OK to let them have it unless it's a real deal breaker for the encounter. Fear effects are rarely actually fear making for me the player. Actually, they just leave me with an empty feeling of frustration. "Oh joy, I don't to play this session. Gee, I can hardly contain my utter glee."