PDA

View Full Version : My gods

Katasi
2007-01-31, 08:45 PM
These are my homebrew gods, I have been creating them for awhile, and have used them in two campaigns,now I am going to continue to flesh them out as I reveal them to the public, feel free to use them:

Anra, Goddess of Creation
Domains:Special**** Creation, Destiny, Celestial
Bonus: Reroll any dice 1/day per level spell you can cast.
Alignment: True Nuetral
Restrictions:Failure to take 1 hour a day out to pray, no matter the reason, will get you struck by lightning for 1d4 damage per level. Leaving her for another god gets you struck by this lightning once every year until you go back to her.
Favored Weapon: Scimitar
Holy Symbol:Gold Circle
Personality:The first, the creator Goddess. From her all others sprang, the other gods, the races, everything. She is a malevolent goddess, and jealous. Although she respects the power she gave to the others, and that they are worshiped as well, she expects the worshipers of her to be loyal for life, and to put much effort into worshipping her.
Avatar:Anra takes no true form, appearing as a simple ball of light.
Quick Facts***: Was around before anything, created the first gods besides herself, as well as creating the world.

Emel, Goddess of Water
Domains: Water, Ocean, Cold, Moon
Alignment:Lawful Neutral
Bonus: +5 swim skill
Favored Weapon: Trident
Holy Symbol: Conch Shell
Personality:Softspoken and pure, but with a temper that unleashes the power of mighty hurricanes.
Avatar: A young human woman, carrying a golden glowing conch shell.
Quick Facts***: One of the gods created by Anra. Married to Homen.

Firem, God of Fire
Domains: Fire, Sun, Metal, Renewal
Alignment: Choatic Nuetral
Bonus: +5 weaponsmithing skill
Favored Weapon: Longsword
Holy Symbol:Gold Hammer
Personality: Warm and friendly, but quick to loss his fiery temper.
Avatar: An middle aged dwarf dressed in a blacksmith's apron and carrying a glowing hammer similiar to the hammers one would find in a forge.
Quick Facts***: One of the first gods created by Anra. Married to Selena.

Selena, Goddess of Air
Domains: Air, Weather, Sky, Storm
Alignment:Chaotic Nuetral
Bonus: +10 move speed
Favored Weapon: Kukri
Holy Symbol:Silver Whistle
Personality:Flighty and wistful. Very dreamy. Seems to have hit the incense a bit to much.
Avatar:Young human female, hair outragously long, carrying a glowing whistle.
Quick Facts***: One of the first gods created by Anra. Married to Firem.

Homen, God of Earth
Domains: Earth, Endurance, Cavern, Craft
Alignment: Lawful Nuetral
Bonus: +1 HP per level
Favored Weapon: Greataxe
Holy Symbol:Gold Pickaxe
Personality:Solid and unmoving, unemotional.
Avatar: Old dwarf with graying hair and beard. Carrying a glowing pickaxe.
Quick Facts***: One of the first gods created by Anra. Married to Emel.

Morgal, God of Kings
Domains: Nobility, Herald, City, Charm
Bonus: +5 gather information skill
Alignment: Lawful Good
Favored Weapon: Rapier
Holy Symbol:Gold Crown
Personality: Prim and proper, slightly pompous.
Avatar: Middle aged human, wearing a robe literally made of gems. He wears a glowing crown.
Quick Facts***: Son of Homen and Emel.

Serbian, God of Community
Domains: Community, Family, Commerce, Trade
Bonus: +5 diplomacy skill
Favored Weapon: Spear
Holy Symbol: Silver Scale
Personality: Friendly and inviting, pleasant.
Avatar: Middle Aged Hafling, carrying a glowing merchant's scale.
Quick Facts***: Son of Homen and Emel.

Amber, Goddess of Healing
Domains: Healing, Protection, Life, Purification, Fertility*
Bonus: Double healing rate
Alignment: Nuetral Good
Favored Weapon: Sap
Holy Symbol:Silver Heart
Personality: Caring and tender, slightly know-it-all [even for a god].
Avatar: A young human girl, with blonde hair and a light, soothing touch. Carries a glowing heart.
Quick Facts***: Daughter of Homen and Emel. Twin sister of Nikki.

April, Goddess of Nature
Domains: Animal, Plant, Knowledge, Time
Bonus: +5 Survival Skill
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Favored Weapon: Club
Holy Symbol: Silver Arrow
Personality:Wild and untamed. Fierce and tempermental.
Avatar: A young elf girl, with wild hair and even wilder demenor. She carries a glowing bow and arrows.
Quick Facts***: Daughter of Firem and Selena. Mother of Malari.

Malari, God of Magic
Domains: Magic, Illusion, Spirit, Mentalism
Bonus: Detect magic 2/day as a spell-like ability
Favored Weapon: Quarterstaff
Holy Symbol: Silver Pyramid
Personality:Aloof and pompous, highly know-it-all [even more so than Amber]
Avatar: Old gnome. Carries a glowing pyramid
Quick Facts***: Son of Herbeclus and April. Married to Adrena.

Elherm, God of Chaos
Domains: Chaos, Luck, Travel, Portal
Bonus: +10 on any die roll 1/day
Alignment: Chaotic Nuetral
Favored Weapon: Hand Crossbow
Holy Symbol: Silver Key
Personality: Chaotic and unpredictable, likes to pull pranks.
Avatar: Young halfling. Carries a golden key.
Quick Facts***: Son of Firem and Selena. Married to Nikki. Father of Adrena.

Nikki, Goddess of Love
Domains: Passion, Pleasure, Joy, Truth, Fertility*
Bonus:+3 on saves vs. mind affecting spells
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Favored Weapon: Short Sword
Holy Symbol:Gold Heart
Personality: Loving and sensual, very sweet and charming.
Avatar: Young human girl with a genrous body. Carries a glowing heart.
Quick Facts***: Daughter of Homen and Emel. Twin sister of Amber. Married to Elherm. Mother of Adrena.
Special: Gives enchanters a +1 to enchantment.

Herbeclus, God of War
Domains: War, Strength, Courage, Glory
Bonus: +3 save vs. fear
Favored Weapon: Bastard Sword
Holy Symbol:Gold Sword
Personality: Aggressive and demanding.
Avatar: Middle Aged Human. Carries a glowing sword.
Quick Facts***: Son of Homen and Emel. Father of Malari.

Adrena, Goddess of Dreams
Domains: Dream, Mind, Oracle, Meditiation
Bonus: +2 Foresight bonus to AC
Alignment: Nuetral Good
Favored Weapon: Unarmed
Holy Symbol: Silver Eye
Personality: Slightly sleepy and dreamy. Seems to have been hitting the incense as well.
Avatar: Human of undeterminable age, always seems dreary eyed. Carries a glowing eye.
Quick Facts***: Daughter of Elherm and Nikki. Married to Malari.
Special: Gives Diviners that follow her a +1 caster level bonus to Divination.

Seldor, God of Death**
Domains: Necromancy, Undead, Undeath, Shadow
Bonus: Death at -15 instead of -10 HP
Alignment: True Nuetral
Favored Weapon: Scythe
Holy Symbol: Silver Scythe
Personality: Grim and scary.
Quick Facts***: One of the first gods created by Anra. Married to Eldovra.
Special: Gives Necromancers that follow him a +1 caster level bonus to Necromancy.

Eldovra, Goddess of Evil
Domains: Evil, Death, Destruction, Decay
Bonus:+2 weapon damage
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Favored Weapon: Dagger
Holy Symbol: Vial of Blood
Quick Facts***: One of the first gods made by Anra. Married to Seldor.

Margona, Goddess of Suffering
Domains: Domination, Tyrant, Suffering, Hatred
Bonus: +5 intimidate skill
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Favored Weapon: Whip
Holy Symbol: Vial of Poison
Quick Facts***: Daughter of Seldor and Eldovra.

Alamek, God of Good
Domains: Good, Law, Liberation,Purification
Bonus: +5 sense motive skill
Favored Weapon: Lance
Holy Symbol: Cross
Personality: Paladin-like
Avatar: Think you ussual white knight/paladin type, shiny armor.
Quick Facts***: One of the first gods created.

*Fertility Domain can be found here:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28993
Fertility is a special domain. A person who takes Fertility as a domain may take bonus domains from either god that has this domain. They only get God bonuses and Favored Weapon bonuses from the god they actually worship however.
**The god of death is not well liked by most good characters, being ussually associated, surprise, surprise, with killing and undead. However most respect that he is more nuetral than evil, even if they don't like him. No good character would ever take him, but nuetral ones would, be prepared to run into a paladin someday, somewhere who gets testy with you because of it though.
***These are known by everyone. Each god has some secrets that are reserved to clerics and paladins of them, or people with special places to the god. [there are ways to get these places, but you have to play the game to find out how.]
****Anra give the other gods their power, thus a cleric of Anra can draw on this and gain a domain from one of the others. Only one domain of the two starting ones may be draw this way, and if one of the starting ones is draw this way, no feat can allow another domain to be drawn this way. Also drawing a domain this way brings a -2 on the DC of any spells from that domain.

Mewtarthio
2007-01-31, 10:56 PM
*Fertility Domain can be found here:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28993
Fertility is a special domain. A person who takes Fertility as a domain may take bonus domains from either god that has this domaiHer hair ripples like the ocean waves.n. They only get God bonuses and Favored Weapon bonuses from the god they actually worship however.

I have a question about that domain power. I'm not quite sure I understand why a Cleric of Amber who wants Passion and Fertility wouldn't be a Cleric of Nikki in the first place.

Also, "Her hair ripples like the ocean wind"? That must be one Baator of a typo.

While I'm on it, both of the Fertility Sisters carry glowing hearts. Am I supposed to be picturing a Valentine's Day-esque heart or a literal human heart? This is mythology, so it could go either way. I may look at the rest of the pantheon if I have time, though what you have should suffice for your players (it'll be mainly used in Commune spells and the like; you don't need to get too in-depth unless the gods will be extremely active).

Katasi
2007-02-01, 07:10 PM
I have a question about that domain power. I'm not quite sure I understand why a Cleric of Amber who wants Passion and Fertility wouldn't be a Cleric of Nikki in the first place.

Also, "Her hair ripples like the ocean wind"? That must be one Baator of a typo.

While I'm on it, both of the Fertility Sisters carry glowing hearts. Am I supposed to be picturing a Valentine's Day-esque heart or a literal human heart? This is mythology, so it could go either way. I may look at the rest of the pantheon if I have time, though what you have should suffice for your players (it'll be mainly used in Commune spells and the like; you don't need to get too in-depth unless the gods will be extremely active).

Yes, that is a typo, it's supposed to e waves, no wind. The fertility thing is for domains gained by feats, I can think of one in particular, but I can't think of the name that lets you choose 1 more feat from your patron each time you take it, this allows that feat to take it from the toher sister as well. Starting domains have to come from your patron. As for the heart thing, it's the Valentine's heart.

Khantalas
2007-02-02, 04:51 AM
Yes, that is a typo, it's supposed to e waves, no wind. The fertility thing is for domains gained by feats, I can think of one in particular, but I can't think of the name that lets you choose 1 more feat from your patron each time you take it, this allows that feat to take it from the toher sister as well. Starting domains have to come from your patron. As for the heart thing, it's the Valentine's heart.

But you realize where that hair thing is, don't you? In the middle of the Fertility domain subtext.

Katasi
2007-02-02, 05:20 PM
But you realize where that hair thing is, don't you? In the middle of the Fertility domain subtext.

Gah, I didn't notice that.

ArlEammon
2007-02-02, 05:32 PM
Also, the goddess Anra sucks. It sounds better as Anar, (in my humble opinon) and even worse than the pronunciation is the restriction. If it were me, which it is not, I would lower the restriction to something more pervasive but less critical, like, say, being unable to sleep or something.

If even that, because any commoner who worships her will be a dead man/woman if they get too sick to pray.

Solaris
2007-02-02, 05:39 PM
Who said anything about Anra being the goddess everybody worshipped? Mayhaps her worshippers are primarily the great folk with PC levels.

Mewtarthio
2007-02-04, 02:49 PM
If even that, because any commoner who worships her will be a dead man/woman if they get too sick to pray.

You can still pray when sick. There's nothing in Anra's description that says you have to do anything particularly dramatic while praying. Simple meditation may even suffice.

Now, if they're actually comatose, catatonic, or otherwise unable to take mental action, I think Anra may be a little understanding about that.

Not sure I like the lightning, though. It's a touch... overdramatic.

What happens if they're indoors or underground or someplace where lightning doesn't reach?

Triaxx
2007-02-04, 05:18 PM
Ball Lightning... But perhaps plain force damage is preferrable?

Mewtarthio
2007-02-04, 06:20 PM
Untyped damage, with a disintigration effect, maybe. Though it still looks like following the Creator Goddess is suicidal, since you're pretty much forced to follow her the rest of your natural life (unless you're a barbarian, in which case there's a good chance of surviving the damage you take).

EvilElitest
2007-02-04, 10:46 PM
Why would anyone bother to worship anyone else. Hell, if your new god can't protect you from being hurt, why bother? Seems a tad unrealistic.

Katasi
2007-05-05, 07:41 PM
Untyped damage, with a disintigration effect, maybe. Though it still looks like following the Creator Goddess is suicidal, since you're pretty much forced to follow her the rest of your natural life (unless you're a barbarian, in which case there's a good chance of surviving the damage you take).

actually, it's only 1d4 damage per level. Almost any class could survive that, though a sorcerer or wizard, or a commoner might be likely to die, if the damage rolls where mostly above 2. But there is no way that is going to knock out anything else.

Cade Shadow
2007-05-06, 08:15 PM
You do realize that Serbia is a country and Selene is the Greek goddess of the moon (not Artemis, who represents the moon but the Goddess that actually is the moon), right?

I just want to warn you before some player comes and bursts your bubble with that.

It looks good, though some of the gods look like Greek gods with name changes, (I mean, thats what TSR/WotC did). Some stories behind the gods would be nice, perhaps some information on the way they interact with each other. (beyond personality) And perhaps a family tree as well, its kind of hard for me to remember who maried who/is siblings with/is parent of/is child of in all that.

Sorry for coming off a bit critical