PDA

View Full Version : Mummy PC

HauntWrigs
2014-03-01, 01:15 AM
Greetings!
I am trying to create a Mummy PC equivalent to level 2 to match my party. When determining the HP, do I roll 2d12 to figure that out? (I'm looking at a chart in the Savage Species book.)

And as a second question, should I do the work to make it a Level 1 Mummy + Level 1 Fighter = Mummy Fighter? Or should I keep it simple and just do a Level 2 Mummy? This is my first time selecting a monster to be my PC and there is a lot to consider. (Apparently, Mummy is both a race and a class for a PC.)

Thanks in advance!

Eldonauran
2014-03-01, 01:18 AM
I would highly suggest that you do the fighter 1 / mummy 1 option first, merely so the character has the armor and weapon Proficiencies of the fighter. They are going to need it. Also, give them max HP per hit dice as their HP is going to be terrible without it.

HauntWrigs
2014-03-01, 10:56 AM
I would highly suggest that you do the fighter 1 / mummy 1 option first, merely so the character has the armor and weapon Proficiencies of the fighter. They are going to need it. Also, give them max HP per hit dice as their HP is going to be terrible without it.

Thanks for the direction. Is choosing max HP per hit dice standard operating procedure?

Eldonauran
2014-03-01, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the direction. Is choosing max HP per hit dice standard operating procedure?

It's something I would allow as the DM and I would suggest you ask the DM to allow. Undead progressions have no Con bonus to HP and have the worst BAB progression. The strength bonuses you get as a mummy help offset this but not by much.