PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for 'bad guys'

ramrod
2014-03-01, 03:40 AM
Hi guys,

Dungeon is designed, adventure is mostly written, and I have selected a decent spread of filler monsters to and from the dungeon, what lives in the crypt below. However, I need to have a races/races that would work together to be the opponents.

Story wise they have pushed a clerical order out of their defensive keep and taken it for their own for the last few decades, but they have also got themselves into trouble with undead in the crypt below (giving them the opportunity to work with the pcs) so they don't have to be of truly evil. Personally I would rather that they did work together.

The way that the dungeon is set up, they could be surface dwellers, subterranean, or even potentially from the under dark. I need them to have a little variety, perhaps working in unison with other races. Mooks guarding the entrance need to be able to form el 5 encounters, inside, el 6 and the leaders need to be el 7-8.

I will obviously be chucking a load of mobs with classes in, they have training facilities in the refuge as well so this would make sense. As a bonus, does anyone know where I can easily add classes to existing traces/monsters quickly?

Juntao112
2014-03-01, 03:47 AM
Kobolds. Do it.

shylocke
2014-03-01, 03:48 AM
Hobgoblins and chokers

Sir Pippin Boyd
2014-03-01, 04:24 AM
Kobolds v Goblins sounds like it would be a pretty awesome underdark fight to be a part of. Entertaining, at least.

ramrod
2014-03-01, 04:39 AM
Hmmm I like the idea of hobgoblins and a barghest as their leader :) it would also explain why they have taken up a defensive position, so the barghest can feed up and return to Gehenna. Although, I doubt the pcs will want to help one, I do have something planned into the dungeon which will more or less force their hand, unless they are feeling particularly brave..

WesleyVos
2014-03-01, 09:42 AM
Kobolds. Do it.

Not just kobolds. Tucker's Kobolds.

Seems the perfect situation for them.