PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell, Hannibal... SPOILERS

pita
2014-03-01, 08:18 AM
I watched the first episode of the second season of Hannibal.
Was the first season that distressing? Do I have some form of PTSD from the first season, where I am unable to remember just how terrifying the entire thing was? From beginning to end, I was genuinely unsettled in a way that no TV show or movie has ever done. Mads Mikkelson's Hannibal Lecter is indeed creepy, but the visuals on this show are worse. I don't need a forty-second segment on how an ear is placed inside someone's digestive tract. I don't want a scene where a man wakes up in a mound of bodies, all of whom, including himself, are covered in silicone. And most disturbing of all, everything involving our main character. I honestly figured a series about Hannibal Lecter would have the infamous Cannibal be the most intriguing and disturbing character, but no, you've got to have Will Graham, the guy who was portrayed by Gil Grissom and Bruce Banner, be the one who is the most f***ed up. Will Graham is so ludicrously, disturbingly messed up, his scenes go from "oh no oh no oh no" to "DEAR GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE WHAT IS THAT". HOW THE HELL IS THIS NOT CABLE THIS IS FIFTEEN TIMES MORE DISTURBING THAN ANYTHING I'VE SEEN ON SHOWTIME OR HBO
I can't wait to watch more, I'm loving this show so much, I'm sorry Anthony Hopkins but you've been beat.