PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Zombies: Love it or Hate It?

Logic
2007-01-31, 10:19 PM
I just read Marvel Zombies, and I felt something that I don't think I have ever felt reading a comic book/graphic novel.
It was like a car wreck. I wanted to put it down, but it was so terrible, I couldn't.

Dhavaer
2007-01-31, 10:59 PM
The only thing involving Marvel Zombies I've read was when Ultimate Reed Richards/Ultimate Doom completely wasted the Fearsome Four. It was great.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-01, 12:09 AM
I found it to be very humourous. Definately original and the spoof classic covers were wonderful. However, it should be noted that I am a fan of zombie things and horror stories in general.

Beleriphon
2007-02-01, 09:49 AM
I found it to be very humourous. Definately original and the spoof classic covers were wonderful. However, it should be noted that I am a fan of zombie things and horror stories in general.

Then you'll love Ash vs The Marvel Zombies. That would of course be Ash of Evil Dead fame.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=89476

http://www.newsarama.com/dynamitenew/Mvl_AoD/AOD2MarvelZombies.jpg

Piedmon_Sama
2007-02-01, 01:16 PM
It was amusing. The writer was given a tricky remit (here, take this sight gag Mark Miller blew four panels on and make a story out of it) and did what he could. Black Panther was badass, Captain America was funny (LOOK WHAT HE DID TO ME *points to exposed brain*) and I thought the resolution was actually kind of clever (the comparison between Galactus and ravenous zombies was pretty good).

Of course, not really worth paying for, but then again I read it at the bookstore. =p

EDIT: Mind you, I like Zombie movies, so if you're not into that your mileage will probably vary.

Roland St. Jude
2007-02-04, 01:56 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Identical Threads Merged at OP Request. (Beware of discontinuity above this post!)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-07, 02:04 PM
Then you'll love Ash vs The Marvel Zombies. That would of course be Ash of Evil Dead fame.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=89476

THAT MUST BE MINE!!!!

thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Nightwing
2007-02-21, 10:13 AM
I hate marvel zombies!!!!!!!!

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-21, 03:08 PM
Not typically a fan of Marvel comics in general, but Zombies amused me enough to preorder the ones with Ash.

Rabiesbunny
2007-02-22, 03:24 PM
Maybe it's me being a Romero geek, but zombies that have half their skull lopped off can't function...! I've tried reading parts of the series, but fangirlishness of zombies trumps my love of seeing Zombie spiderman.

Nightwing
2007-02-23, 12:54 PM
I hate Marvel zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selrahc
2007-02-23, 05:56 PM
I hate Marvel zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude.... Once is kind of annoying(Since it doesn't really add anything to the topic), twice in 4 posts is just spamming.

Personally I've only seen Marvel Zombies in the Ultimate Fantastic Four. Kind of fun... but they never really left me wanting more. Quite a fun plot device was my opinion.

Which is kind of disappointing, since I was pretty hyped up about it. (Zombie Hulk? Woo! etc.)

Nevrmore
2007-02-23, 08:49 PM
Maybe it's me being a Romero geek, but zombies that have half their skull lopped off can't function..
I keep trying to tell people that just performing a hemispherectomy with a sword would be a hell of a lot faster than what we do now, but with people like you spewing all this negative propaganda the idea will never catch on!