PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other War Gems [Magic Items, Peach]

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-03-01, 05:47 PM
My D&D group was assigned to defend a city from a siege/assault for 6 hours. We had an in-game week to prepare, so i came up with these little beauties (with heavy inspiration from Codex Alera). Forgive the terrible formatting, I am very tired and not good with magic items.

War Gems

Each War Gem is a sphere of polished glass 3 inches in diameter, weighing ½ lb. When a War Gem strikes a surface and shatters, it activates. These items are meant to be used in massive quantities and can be loaded as bundle into a light catapult. A bundle of war gems consists of 100 war gems, weighs 50 pounds, and affects a 50-foot x 50-foot area. An area covered by shattered war gems is considered difficult terrain.

Gem of Grease
10ft x 10ft area is affected by Grease (as the spell) for 4 rounds
dc 16
Faint conjuration; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Grease; Price 50 gp.

Gem of Burning Hands
a 10ft x 10 ft area is set on fire dealing 2d4 fire
dc 16 reflex
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Burning Hands; Price 50 gp.

Gem of Sleep
a 10 x10 ft area is affect by Sleep (as the spell) for 4 rounds
will save dc 16
Faint Enchantment; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Sleep; Price 50 gp.

Gem of Elements, Least (I,1)
5ft x 5ft area takes 1d3 acid, 1d3 shock, 1d3 cold, 1d3 sonic, and 1d3 fire damage.
Targets get a reflex dc 15 per element
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Electric Jolt, Ultrasonic Ray, Anvil Sparks; Price 80 gp.
cost 125gp

Gem of Elements, Lesser(II,2)
5ft x 5ft area takes 1d8 acid, 1d8 shock, 1d8 cold and 1d8 fire damage.
Targets get a reflex dc 16 per element
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Orb of(Acid/Cold/Fire/Shock/Sonic), Lesser; ; Price 150 gp.

Gem of Acid, Lesser (II,2)
5ft x 5 ft area takes 1d3 + 1d8 acid
reflex dc 16
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Orb of Acid, Lesser, Acid Splash; Price 75 gp.

Gem of cold, Lesser (II,2)
5ft x 5 ft area takes 1d3 + 1d8 cold
reflex dc 16
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Orb of Cold, Lesser, Ray of Frost; Price 75 gp.

Gem of Shock, Lesser (II,2)
5ft x 5 ft area takes 1d3 + 1d8 shock
reflex dc 16
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Orb of Shock, Lesser, Electric Jolt; Price 75 gp.

Gem of fire, Lesser (II,2)
5ft x 5 ft area takes 1d3 + 1d8 fire
reflex dc 16
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Orb of Fire, Lesser, Anvil Sparks; Price 75 gp.

Gem of fire, Lesser (II,2)
5ft x 5 ft area takes 1d3 + 1d8 sonic
reflex dc 16
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Orb of Sonic, Lesser, Ultrasonic Ray; Price 75 gp.

Gem of Hailing Stones
10ft x 10ft x 20ft are is hit by stones targets inside take 2d4 damage
d20 + 7 vs ac
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Hailing stones; Price 50 gp.

Gem of Raging Flame
all fires within 30ft; deal double damage, and give off 2x as much light for 2 rounds
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Raging Flame; Price 50 gp.

Gem of Differentiation
targets in a 30 ft area are covered in faerie fire
the color varies depending on the targets combat role
purple = mage
green = ranged
blue = stealth/skills
yellow = healer
red = melee
Faint Evocation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, Faerie Fire, Dancing Lights; Price 75 gp.

Debihuman
2014-03-03, 03:09 AM
If the gems are meant to be used in large quantities, shouldn't they be "gems" rather than singular?

A lot of information is missing and not just "formatting." I have no idea how you determined costs. Are these one-shot items?

Debby

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-03-03, 05:35 AM
If the gems are meant to be used in large quantities, shouldn't they be "gems" rather than singular?

A lot of information is missing and not just "formatting." I have no idea how you determined costs. Are these one-shot items?

Debby

Each gem is meant to be used in tandem with others, thus the singular.
For the cost i used the core mechanic for making magic items, which can be found here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm).
By "one-shot" I guess you would mean single-use which I thought was implied as they activate by shattering.

Debihuman
2014-03-04, 12:42 PM
Well, if you want to use these in a siege weapon how about this:

Each War Gem is a disk of polished glass 3 inches in diameter, an inch thick, and weighing ½ lb. When a War Gem strikes a surface and shatters, it activates. These items are meant to be used in massive quantities and can be loaded as bundle into a light catapult. A bundle of war gems consists of 100 war gems, weighs 50 pounds, and affects a 50-foot x 50-foot area. An area covered by shattered war gems is considered difficult terrain.

Debby