PDA

View Full Version : Be the Tarrasque!

rmnimoc
2014-03-02, 01:27 AM
I just feasted my eyes on this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235689), and I suddenly had two questions.

1. What other ways are there to be a Tarrasque?

2. What kind of shenanigans could you get up to, being a Tarrasque?

TuggyNE
2014-03-02, 03:24 AM
I just feasted my eyes on this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235689), and I suddenly had two questions.

1. What other ways are there to be a Tarrasque?

True mind switch with a hagunemnon (is that really how it's spelled?) and use its abilities to take on the appearance and most significant aspects of the Tarrasque.
Reserves of Strength Shapechange to remove the CL cap.

Probably a lot of others.

2. What kind of shenanigans could you get up to, being a Tarrasque?

Well, mostly having enormous NA and ridiculously good regeneration.

May need to do some serious size-shrinkage to really be useful, but fortunately Psions can get compression pretty easily to go back down to Huge.

iceman10058
2014-03-02, 03:53 PM
kill epic level parties. i do not care what the cr says, it is way higher than 20, and i have seen plenty of epic parties struggle to take it down so have fun, rule the world! the best they can do is wisdom drain you to becoming unconcious

Mrc.
2014-03-02, 03:55 PM
kill epic level parties. i do not care what the cr says, it is way higher than 20, and i have seen plenty of epic parties struggle to take it down so have fun, rule the world! the best they can do is wisdom drain you to becoming unconcious

Or, you know, fly.

iceman10058
2014-03-02, 03:58 PM
your still a manifester, you can still use your powers, that doesnt work.

EugeneVoid
2014-03-02, 04:02 PM
Before we all go crazy here:

I think Iceman means that a Tarrasque with full manifesting is quite a dangerous opponent.

Mrc.
2014-03-02, 04:03 PM
your still a manifester, you can still use your powers, that doesnt work.

True, I was referring to the 'regular' Tarrasque which is tough to kill but by flying you neutralise it's ability to harm you almost entirely. Bit of a shame really.

HMS Invincible
2014-03-02, 04:09 PM
True, I was referring to the 'regular' Tarrasque which is tough to kill but by flying you neutralise it's ability to harm you almost entirely. Bit of a shame really.

Isn't that why it has the antiflying aura?

iceman10058
2014-03-02, 04:09 PM
that does work, but not the fastest way to bring it down.

Gemini476
2014-03-02, 04:16 PM
Isn't that why it has the antiflying aura?

That's why 4e gave it one, yeah. It's a bit underwhelming in that edition as well, however, and this is the 3.X forum.

Mrc.
2014-03-02, 04:29 PM
Of course, there is one other way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ra1ecLhtI) of defeating the tarrasque...
Warning, contains adult language. Is also over 2 hours long!