PDA

View Full Version : A weird, but not completely improbable dream

Oddity222
2014-03-02, 10:15 AM
This night I had a dream, that a priest(possibly of Nergal or Ereshkigal, I don't remember) approached the OOTS and conjured Malack spirit. He actually warned the order that Vampire!Durkon(who wasn't then with them) isn't their friend, or even his normally created vampire counterpart, but a spirit created by Hel, specifically to help cause the end of all things. Malack explained while Hel wants oblivion, the other death gods aren't thinking that way. Because when death reaps all of universe, then it dies itself. He even offered helping to resurface Durkon’s spirit. The order was divided, and confused, with Haley thinking this a trick, Roy, V and Belkar actually considering it may be true, and taking the spirits help, and Elan not sure what to think about this.

Weird dream, eh? I myself doubt that Malack would return in any form.

MrMercury
2014-03-02, 06:56 PM
Interesting, but seriously, WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE DREAMS?

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-02, 07:01 PM
The Snarl's return has caused rifts in the barrier between the material and spiritual world.

Or people have been dreaming about OOTS a lot recently.

Pick one.

MagicalMeat
2014-03-02, 07:18 PM
Please stop posting the details of your personal life on the OotS forum. Do so under the Silly Message Board Games. We really don't care about your visions. A theory is fine, but your dreams are uninspired and dull.

Rakoa
2014-03-02, 08:16 PM
Please stop posting the details of your personal life on the OotS forum. Do so under the Silly Message Board Games. We really don't care about your visions. A theory is fine, but your dreams are uninspired and dull.

I don't believe that vigilante moderating is allowed around here. Nice try, though.

CaDzilla
2014-03-02, 08:18 PM
Shouldn't all these threads be merged?

Mauve Shirt
2014-03-02, 08:19 PM
Better yet, there's a Weird Dreams thread up in Friendly Banter.

Oddity222
2014-03-02, 09:55 PM

Well, I'm not sure if this thread fits that section much more than this, and I don't think you have the exact authority to command around people.

Shouldn't all these threads be merged?

Quite possibly yes, but I have no idea how to do, or initiate that. :smallredface:

Better yet, there's a Weird Dreams thread up in Friendly Banter.

Dunno, if you mean this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329580), I think that CaDzilla's idea is better, as those dreams are, I think, related enought to OOTS, to be in this section.

Also, meantime I remembered other detail of this dream. One of them was that there was a group of four gods, one from each pantheon, who actually helped to shape the Snarl into a being of destruction. The Snarl was said in my dream, to be in it's natural state a being of random creation and destruction. Hel was always suspected of being in this group, but not enough evidence was ever found to confirm that. The other gods were:

-Erebos of the East Pantheon
-Mummu of the West Pantheon
-A unknown member of the 12 gods

This kind off inspired me to expand on the dream and I thought up some other thing now:

-Hel wants to oblivion because she finds her existence just painful. She was sent as child to Niflheim, for no other reason than some stupid prophecy, and her brothers were also bind or exiled. She doesn't even have the same level of power as other death gods, as other Northern Gods have a specific control and say about petitioner who died 'heroically'. She cannot leave her realm because of other gods enchantments, so she decided that oblivion would at least, some form of freedom. That she takes everything other with along with her, is a part of revenge on gods and other beings.

-Erebos, as a being of primordial darkness, found the 'bright' creation to be not exactly pleasant. He happily met his fate at the claws of the Snarl.

-Mummu has similar reasons to Erebos, as he a was god of 'returning to it's origins', that some today experts translate as entropy. He actually tried to cause such destruction earlier, when he coaxed Apsu to kill the younger gods. He was discovered after the Snarls first Rampage and imprisoned or destroyed as a punishment.

-The unknown member from the 12 gods would be The Tiger. He wants revenge on the other gods, for the death of his son, The Cat. The Cat and The Rat were friends, but were also rivaling candidates for the final, 12th member of the Southern Gods. The Rat during the competition, murdered his friend. This of course, angered The Tiger horribly, who wanted to punish The Rat with death for his actions, and resurrect his son. The other gods, Southern and other, stopped him from doing so. They told that The Rat won his position, even if his methods were unexpended to use against a friend. He also was forbidden to resurrect his son, as a dead godlings resurrection would upset the balance of the universe. The other deities thought that the eons soothed Tigers anger and hatred, but instead, they're grown, beyond their expectations. This is also the reason why Tiger so strongly opposed Thor helping Durkon, and he may even help a bit in dropping Miko's sanity, just enough for her to be in the right place and time to destroys Soon's gate. The Tiger also sympathizes with Hel, as he found her to be similarly struck with injustice as him, and finds the other Northern Gods to be foolish cowards.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-02, 09:59 PM
The twelve gods are the southern gods. And there is no Erebos in any of the OOTS pantheons, as far as I'm aware. Just in Theros.

Oddity222
2014-03-02, 10:07 PM
The twelve gods are the southern gods. And there is no Erebos in any of the OOTS pantheons, as far as I'm aware. Just in Theros.

I know, but I didn't want to write 'Southern Gods' over and over again. Sorry if it made things confusing. And Erebos is the Greek god of darkness, and also a personification of the underworld.(the Greek Underworld was called alternately both Erebos and Hades.)

[EDIT]

Sorry, I described Erebos by mistake as a Southern, not Eastern god as he should be. I will correct that.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-02, 10:16 PM
Oh. I've only ever heard him called Hades. You wrote "South" instead of "East" in that case.

Oddity222
2014-03-02, 10:23 PM
Yeah, that's what I, wrote didn't I? Erebos is a East God, to clarify. And Erebos and Hades aren't the same person. In the Greek myths, the underworld Hades rules over, is just Erebos' body.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-03-02, 10:36 PM
Yeah, that's what I, wrote didn't I? Erebos is a East God, to clarify. And Erebos and Hades aren't the same person. In the Greek myths, the underworld Hades rules over, is just Erebos' body.
I see know. My knowledge of Greek mythology is...less than complete, I would say. Thank you for the clarification. :smallredface:

Oddity222
2014-03-03, 04:58 AM
Really, no reason to ashamed, mythologies, especially such one as the Greek Mythology, require investing a lot of time. It is also sometimes plainly strange. Like Hephaestus was birthed by Hera, out of her envy for Zeus spawning Athena himself alone. But he is also described as the one who split Zeus' head in half, allowing the goddess of wisdom to be birthed in first place...Also, my mistakes also were confusing(South =/= East XD)

kailkay
2014-03-03, 08:27 AM

It may have been better to preface the condemnation with 'in my opinion', because frankly, I think this dream is an interesting and neat idea, not at all uninspired or dull.

Oddity222
2014-03-04, 05:03 AM
Thank you very much kailkay!:smallsmile: