PDA

View Full Version : Non-Stop (The Accident I Enjoyed)

DigoDragon
2014-03-02, 10:27 AM
My wife and went out last night with the intention of watching The LEGO Movie. Due to misfortune with a salad dish during dinner, we missed the last showing and we weren't sure what to watch. So on a whim we bought tickets for Non-Stop. I knew nothing about the film other than what the couple in front of me at the ticket booth line said- "Its a movie about Liam Neeson on a hijacked plane."

I ended up loving this film.

The film stars Liam as an alcoholic US Air Marshal boarding a trans-Atlantic flight to London. During the flight he gets text messages from an anonymous sender on the plane who demands $150 million or someone on the plane is going to die. Every. Twenty. Minutes.

Films that take place almost entirely in one small set (i.e. in the plane) can be challenging to engage the audience, but this movie makes it work. It's got plenty of action without being mindless. It has suspense that might actually cause you to hold for breath for a second. If you're sharp, you can follow along to figure out who is behind the hijacking, but it isn't easy. The passengers on this flight are portrayed like a bowl with M&Ms and Skittles. :smallwink:

I very much enjoyed this film and I thank the errant salad from dinner that caused us to miss the LEGO movie and see this film instead. I give it 9/10.