PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Question

TheLastSane1
2014-03-02, 12:10 PM
Ok so I was curious about any RAW rulings on classes that stack for the purposes in multiclass being used in Gestalt.

For example a Psion//Monk who takes the feat Tashalatora as a feat it allows you to count psionic levels to stack with your monk levels for the purposes of your monk AC bonus and so forth.

So say your a Psion 3//Monk 3 would you count as a 6th level monk?

Rebel7284
2014-03-02, 12:16 PM
The gestalt rules did not account for feats like that. Therefore there are no rules against using them. I can see some DMs disallowing them since dual progression classes are disallowed. But even the dual progression classes are not really defined well (does anything that have full BAB progress fighter!?)

TheLastSane1
2014-03-02, 12:18 PM
That is true it means after 10th level there is no reason to stay as a monk, even less if you are just looking for the unarmed, get superior unarmed strike adding 4 levels on top of your level.. would that push you into Epic monk progression?

Rebel7284
2014-03-02, 12:25 PM
I can also see the DM limit the bonuses by your HD. The rules do say something about getting the same bonus more than once not stacking.

TheLastSane1
2014-03-02, 12:30 PM
There are multiple feats that allow you to count your monk level as four levels higher, where as the other feat says to stack the two classes for purposes of determining the class level of an ability so both would stack as they are from two different sources.

Hadrian_Emrys
2014-03-02, 12:49 PM
Nothing RAW comes to mind, but the way my group resolved that issue was to rule that each side of the gestalt was a separate stack of class levels.

I always wanted to toy with a Fighter2/Fighter2 dip, but could never justify the feats with the loss of shored up defenses or the hit to potential versatility.