PDA

View Full Version : D&D Character build Help! (All are welcome to add in a say :) )

MadEmperor
2014-03-02, 12:11 PM
Hello ladies and gentlemen reading my request for help!

My DM has begun a campaign (Which we use as a mixture of converted 3.5 and Pathfinder) where we create deities that are rising through the ranks of their own pantheon and eventually are going to spread to other pantheons to join, destroy, or gain position within (An example being the DM's NPC God for us which is a Half Dragon God who wants to defeat Tiamat to take her place in the Dragon pantheon and such)

The character level (Or HD level if a monstruous creature and not a PC class) is 40 atm (We don't play the deities often but when we do its for cases where their powers are taken away or when they get into a Battle of the Titans with another deity.)

I was wondering if anyone had a interesting build idea for a God of Scalykind (AkA: Serpents, Lizards, Reptiles, Naga, Hyrdas and so forth). The Deities also gain one free template without adjustment so we get one to play around with. (Maximum we can go is the paragon creature from the epic templates)

So far a few friends of mine said a build idea could be a Banelar Naga with the multiheaded template (from Savage Species) and advancing in the template to increase hitdice instead of monstrous progression. Granting him plenty of HitDice, big Con boosts, and lots of heads. Making him pretty good in appearance and power as a Serpent Deity.

Another build is going down the path of Straight 20 in a Naga or Serpent(Ish) Druid build that I haven't ever gotten to eplore. (never got to play druids much) and using that to enhance my wildshape in epic levels to turn into any Serpentish creature he knows of (Such as taking wild shape feats to become the Yuan Ti Anathema fromt he Fiend Folio).

And the last thing (And htis is for those who really want to have some creative fun with it) is the Divine Salient abilities, just like the kind from the book Deities and Demigods, though in this one, each deity has 3 unique divine abilities they get. 1 for usually they get righ toff the bat, another for around the middle, and one for reaching Divine Rank 20 (Mega death ray power!) And those who want can brainstorm ideas for the unqie powers of the Serpent diety (An example I came up with is that he has scales of so many odd colors that slither about so much that when you get into range of sight of him you need to roll a save versus being stunned by the swirling colors lulling the viewer)

Let me know what you guys come up with and I hope to see plenty of neat ideas! :smalltongue: