PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Beguiler ideas?

Finalsatyr
2014-03-02, 08:28 PM
Hello all! Just started a new campaign, and I am currently a second level Beguiler. I saw a build idea somewhere in the playground tonight of Beguiler/Nightmare Spinner/Warlock/Eldritch Theurge. This piqued my interest right quick, but I know nothing about Warlock or their PrCs. Anyone have any insight on good feats/items/etc for such a build?

Right now my stats are 11, 14, 14, 18, 11, 13, human with improved initiative and Spell Focus (enchantment). I knew I wanted to use Night Spinner and possibly use the enchantment adaptation, but that's all I've had planned for him so far.

Only PHB was originally allowed, but I convinced my DM to allow stuff on a case by case basis. So pretty much anything that isn't Dragon Magazine is probably okay. Any and all ideas are welcome, opt-fu or flavor only. Fire away and thank you! :smallbiggrin:

CyberThread
2014-03-02, 09:03 PM
just not .. I don't know...feeling it?

Would a dread witch do better then nightmare spinner?

Finalsatyr
2014-03-02, 09:35 PM
I don't think so, simply because I was leaning more toward the enchantment adaption of the Spinner, the bonus spells, and it doesn't rely on directly causing fear, but on the illusions

CyberThread
2014-03-02, 09:37 PM
mmhmm, and what are you hoping to gain from warlock?

Finalsatyr
2014-03-02, 09:45 PM
The +6 to bluff, diplomacy and intimidate, flying, the dimension door invocation. Just some of those neat utility and buff abilities so I can save my spell slots for my enchantment or illusions. Plus I love the Warlock flavor, and the Eldritch Theurge text really fits my character's backstory (caster for hire, not welcome amongst most mage groups, etc).
Paul H mentioned the build in another post and I only lose out on 4 caster levels, which I was thinking might be worth it for all those 24 hour buffs