View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class The Lost Hunter (Base Class)

2014-03-02, 09:25 PM
Lost Hunter (Base Class)
HD: D6
Skills per Level: 6+Int
Class Skills-
Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Disguise (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Knowledge (Nature, Geography) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Stealth (Des), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str)


1 +0 +0 +2 +0 +1d4 Aim, Trackless Step
2 +1 +0 +3 +0 +2d4 Precise Shot, Light Step
3 +2 +1 +3 +1 +3d4 Keen Perception, Prone Crawl
4 +3 +1 +4 +1 +4d4 Practiced Shooter (25%)
5 +3 +1 +4 +1 +5d4 Rangefinder (50%)
6 +4 +2 +5 +2 +6d4 Fast Stealth, Track
7 +5 +2 +5 +2 +7d4 Cunning Veil
8 +6/+1 +2 +6 +2 +8d4 Improved Aim
9 +6/+1 +3 +6 +3 +9d4 Light Step (1/2 base)
10 +7/+2 +3 +7 +3 +10d4 Range Finder (100%)
11 +8/+3 +3 +7 +3 +11d4 Hidden in Plain Sight
12 +9/+4 +4 +8 +4 +12d4 Practiced Shooter (50%)
13 +10/+5 +4 +8 +4 +13d4 Uncanny Sense
14 +10/+5 +4 +9 +4 +14d4 Hunter Seeker
15 +11/+6/+1 +5 +9 +5 +15d4 Expert Aim, Range finder (150%)
16 +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +5 +16d4 Light Step (Base)
17 +13/+8/+3 +5 +10 +5 +17d4
18 +13/+8/+3 +6 +11 +6 +18d4 Into the Mists
19 +14/+9/+4 +6 +11 +6 +19d4
20 +15/+10/+5 +6 +12 +6 +20d4 Perfect Marskman

Weapon and Armor proficiencies
The Lost Hunter is proficient in light armor and all simple and martial weapons.
Aim (EX)
The Lost Hunter has developed a knack for hitting just the right spot with his shots. While taking a full round action to make a single attack, he adds an additional 1d4 Precision Damage per class level. The extra damage only applies against living creatures that have a discernible anatomy, creatures immune to extra damage from critical hits are not vulnerable to this additional damage. This effect may only be triggered once per round. If the Hunter was previously hidden, they may immediately make a Hide check afterwards to remain hidden, this check is made at normal sniping penalty. Aim damage is not multiplied on a critical hit.

At level 8, This becomes improved aim. Allowing the Lost Hunter to use Aim as a Standard action. When attacking a target with no Discernible anatomy of critical hit immunity, The lost hunter has a 25% chance to negate the immunity for that shot.

At level 15, This becomes Expert aim. When attacking a target with no Discernible anatomy of critical hit immunity, the Lost Hunter has a 50% chance to negate the immunity for that shot.

Trackless Step (EX)
A Lost Hunter leaves no trail in any surroundings and cannot be tracked. She may choose to leave a trail if she so desires.

Precise Shot
The Lost Hunter receives the feat "Precise Shot" as a bonus feat, even if they don't meet the requirements.

Light Step (EX)
The Lost Hunter has found travel becoming easier with lighter movement, When moving through natural difficult terrain he can move at normal speed with no penalties. At level 9, the Lost Hunter gains a climb and swim speed equal to 1/2 base speed. In addition, The lost hunter may now ignore artificial difficult terrain. At level 16 this improves to gaining a climb and swim speed equal to full base speed, along with environmental hazards being considered on step less in severity.

Keen Perception (EX)
The Lost Hunter add their wisdom modifier to Perception twice. In addition they gain low light vision 60ft, if they already possess low light vision it is extended to 120ft. They further gain Dark vision 30ft, if they already posses Dark vision, it is extended by 30ft

Prone Crawl
The Lost Hunter may move up to their land speed while prone, this provokes an Attack of Opportunity like normal movement. In addition they may make 5ft steps while prone.

Practiced Shooter (EX)
The Lost hunter in practicing their art, has discovered how to land a shot even in the worst of conditions. As such they gain a 25% chance to ignore any wind effect that would cause their shot to miss. In addition they gain a 25% chance to recover magical ammunition. At level 12 both effects increase to a 50% chance. This dose not apply to any bonuses granted by cover.

Rangefinder (EX)
The Lost hunter has found his mark in landing a hit at distances above the mark of an average hunter. As such when wielding a ranged weapon, its range increment is increased by 50%. This stacks with all other effects that would increase range increment, At level 10 this increases to 100% increase, at 15 it becomes 150%, at level 20 it becomes 200%. Rangefinder is always counted last for multipliers.

Fast Stealth
The Lost Hunter may now move at his base speed while using stealth without the normal penalty

The Lost Hunter adds his wisdom modifier and half his level to his survival to find and follow tracks.

Cunning Veil (EX)
The Lost Hunter has found a little wit go's a long way when hiding himself, as such he adds his Wis modifier in addition to his Dex modifier for stealth. Unfortunately he has become to cunning at hiding for his own good, as such he suffers his wisdom modifier as a penalty to checks where his reputation would assist

Hidden in Plain sight (EX)
The Lost Hunter has discovered the best place to hide is in plain sight. When standing in a shadow other then his own, he use the Stealth skill even if being observed. However his brilliance in hiding himself has caused himself to become a little to well hidden, Anyone unfamiliar with the Lost Hunter must make a DC (5+Lost Hunter levels) Perception check to remember the hunters face.

Uncanny Sense (SU)
The Lost Hunter spending such a time lurking around has found himself developing an almost sixth sense for trouble. The Lost Hunter gains Blindsense with a range of (15ft+5ft/2 Class Level)

Hunter Seeker (SU)
The Lost Hunter has found himself chasing prey across acres of land before he can finally catch them. In his efforts to continue the chase, he has become innately aware of the direction and distance his "Prey" is. To designate a target as his prey, the lost hunter must hit the target with his Aim ability and have the target survive. The Prey remains designated until either a new target is designated or the prey is killed. The Prey is innately aware that it has been marked.

Into the Mists (SU)
The Lost hunter, growing ever harder to notice among friends. Has discovered that by few remembering who he is, he can almost fade from view. Unless the Lost hunter interacts with a scene, people other then his allies must make a DC (Lost Hunter levels+Stealth Ranks) Perception DC to notice him. In addition any attempts to scry the lost hunter's location automatically fail. However, The lost hunter suffers a penalty on all social interactions equal to his Perception ranks.

Perfect Marksman (EX)
The Lost Hunter has gained the perfect mark, His Aim ability is able to effect any target regardless of if it has discernible anatomy or critical hit immunity. He may also once per day, when making an aim attack, Declare it as a "Dead man's Shot". This forces the target to make a DC (15+Lost Hunter Levels+Wis Mod) or Die, however this attack only receives half the Aim dice then normal.

Note- I'm currently stuck on how to continue with the class, I unfortunately haven't had a chance to playtest it yet. I also don't like the fact that level's 17 and 19 are dead, so I'm open for suggestions on how to improve the class.