PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Dual Discipline Psion Build

TheG
2014-03-02, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone! I'm building my character for my first time Pathfinder adventure.

I was used to play psion (Telepath) on 3.5 but in patfinder there is an option to play with 2 disciplines at time [Dual Disciple] (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psion/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/dual-disciple)

I would play with the Psionic Cnack Trait to overcome the -1ML from the dual disciple, but my question is:

What combination of disciplines would you choose? What powers in the 1-7th Character Level range (i noticed that many of the powers i was used to manifest are nerfed/heavily changed)?

Thx everyone!

Psyren
2014-03-03, 12:39 AM
If it's not already your primary, Telepathy is a very good secondary. It has some very useful discipline powers (e.g. Mindlink, Schism, and two of the best psionic 9s in the game, Psychic Chirurgery and True Mind Switch), plus its level 2 and level 8 discipline abilities are useful even when you gain them later. Another useful choice is Clairsentience, which gets some of the best mystery-solving abilities in the game and another two discipline abilities that stay good even if you get them late.

I would probably go Nomad/Telepath, Seer/Telepath or Shaper/Telepath.

The one you should avoid is Kineticist. The discipline abilities are probably the worst of the bunch - I personally recommend Kineticists PrC out into something like Metamind or Cerebremancer.