PDA

View Full Version : Zern and adaptative defenses

Waldham
2014-03-03, 05:26 AM
ZERN(MM IV p.195)

Adaptive Defenses (Ex): A Zern’s ever-changing physiology allows it to shrug off effects that attack its endurance or disrupt its bodily functions. It is immune to any effect needing a Fortitude save unless those effects also affect objects or are harmless.

Does a zern immune to the dangers from environnments as cold dangers, ice effects, heats dangers, smoke effects, some poison, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects, ability damage, ability drain ?

Necroticplague
2014-03-03, 05:40 AM
ZERN(MM IV p.195)

Does a zern immune to the dangers from environnments as cold dangers, ice effects, heats dangers, smoke effects, some poison, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects, ability damage, ability drain ?

yes, usually not to my knowlege, yes, depends on what you mean (as in, the part where you can choke on smoke? that's a yes), yes, not necessarily (though most things inflicting paralysis do meet the requirements), same as last, yes, no,no,no,no.

Do note, however, for the "no"s some of them might fall under it, though they aren't immune in general. They would be immune to dying from a wierd, but that's because it requires a fort save, not because it's a death effect.

Fouredged Sword
2014-03-03, 11:02 AM
Extreme heat deals damage to objects if you can get the heat bracket high enough.

Miss Disaster
2014-03-03, 01:14 PM
I'm away from books right now ... but I recall that the Zern had a very unique and intriguing array of abilities.

Are there any [Ex] "special attacks" of the Zern that are useable via the Polymorph spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorph.htm)?