PDA

View Full Version : Running both Faerun and Eberron things in a homebrewed campaign setting

atemu1234
2014-03-03, 07:05 AM
I run as much applicable material for 3e/3.5e/3.Pe as I can. Is there any game-breaking problem with using material from multiple campaign settings?

Vhaidara
2014-03-03, 08:04 AM
Only if you try to maintain the fluff. One of the major differences between FR and Eberron is the level of magic: Eberron is (by my understanding) a relatively low magic world, whereas FR is famous for not being able to take a 5ft step without bumping into an epic level archmage.

Major things from Eberron to my knowledge are races, which I don't think conflict with anything in FR.

Major things from FR (again to my knowledge) is dominantly the 6 or 7 different magic systems (spellfire, shadow weave magic, runecasting, and all the others from Magic of Faerun).

hamishspence
2014-03-03, 10:50 AM
Some races make more sense than others. Warforged, for example - can work, given that at least one of the Ancient Empires specialized in armies of constructs - your character, if a warforged, could be a survivor from that era - or, that knowledge could have just been rediscovered by a powerful mage - with the character as one of the mage's first creations.

Changelings and shifters, as the distant descendants of dopplegangers and lycanthropes, work fine.

Kalashtar are a bit trickier.