PDA

View Full Version : Truenamer Gestalt build

Vhaidara
2014-03-03, 08:49 AM
I thought of this while talking to a friend last night. Gestalt Factotum/Marshal 1/Exemplar//Truenamer.

Factotum means you can do things and get bonuses to Truespeak, and Exemplar means you can get more bonuses to Truespeak (and take 10). Oh, and Truespeakomancy.

Marshal 1 for Motivate Int and Skill Focus (Diplomacy). Which is required fo Exemplar.

Then, when you hit 20 and get Conjunctive Gate, since all of your feats are Font of Inspiration, you should have like 100 Inspiration Points. Blow all of them on standard actions. Conjunctive Gate all of them. You just summoned over 30 angels.

Fouredged Sword
2014-03-03, 10:30 AM
It's workable.

I would spice it up a bit with chameleon.

Factotum 8 / marshal 1 / Exemplar 1 / Chameleon 10 // Truespeaker 20

Chameleon sitting in divine focus grants 2 things great for this build, +6 int and skill boosting divine spells. +6 int adds +3 to truenaming checks and it untyped. The divine spells add +15 to a truenaming check 16 times a day through divine insight.

And you can use that floating feat to nab craft wondrous item to create a custom item of +yes to truespeak.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-03-03, 10:47 AM
I really dig the Factotum//Truenamer combo. Especially with Cunning Surge to help you cope with the whole action economy thing.

Gemini476
2014-03-03, 10:56 AM
Do note that if you want to spam that many Conjunctive Gates, you'll need to Heighten them to get around the Law of Sequence.

So a +4 to the DC for each extra Gate. It adds up! That's a DC of 45/49/53/57/61/65/69/etc.

You can certainly do so, but still.

Rebel7284
2014-03-03, 11:08 AM
Even with the sane reading of cunning surge that gives one extra action, this is still pretty good. =) Adds some much needed customization/options to the otherwise boring truenamer.

Vhaidara
2014-03-03, 12:43 PM
I really dig the Factotum//Truenamer combo. Especially with Cunning Surge to help you cope with the whole action economy thing.

Everything is better with Factotum!

I'm actually considering making a pair of Factotum Template classes.

One is basically the current Factotum, minus Arcane Dilettante and Opportunistic Piety that increases your class' skill points by 4. Cannot be applied if you have beyond 6th level casting (to include Bard) or if you have full BAB.

The other is a full BAB version (again lacking the AD and OP) that sets your skill points to 6. So Soulknife/Monk could apply this, get more skill points, snag full BAB, and get factotum stuffs. I know MAD is rampant here, but that's already a problem.

Vaz
2014-03-03, 12:53 PM
An UrPriest Monk with the Monk/Divine PrC that has its name escape me with the Word Given Form could be effective.