PDA

View Full Version : WW/Mafia Cat Fight II - Attack of the Reinholdts - Game On

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TFT
2014-03-13, 10:54 PM
Huh? I don't follow. Wouldn't that just mean that we'd lynch two people?

Oh geez, my brain is off, you're right.

:smallsigh:

I WANT MIDTERM SEASON TO BE OVER.

Reinholdt
2014-03-13, 11:19 PM
lol, yeah, but in reality it would be more like a mass accountant test.

Turf War is a great setting and all, but the multiple points for lynch role is more commonly known across settings as the Mayor. At least I believe it is.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-13, 11:21 PM
You know, I'm hunching on Tom the Mime myself at this point. He just doesn't seem town-like to me.

Haruki-kun
2014-03-14, 12:10 AM
Turf War is a great setting and all, but the multiple points for lynch role is more commonly known across settings as the Mayor. At least I believe it is.

((I knew it as the Emperor...

Also: Man, there are no good yellow-ish font colors that don't make my eyes bleed.))

"How are you? Fine, thank you. Uh... I wish Disc Lorde was a bird."

Mordokai
2014-03-14, 01:19 AM
You know, I'm hunching on Tom the Mime myself at this point. He just doesn't seem town-like to me.

No, seriously, where did that came from? On day one, no less.

Reinholdt
2014-03-14, 02:42 AM
"New information has me voting Tom the Mime. Nothing personal."

Murska
2014-03-14, 02:45 AM
Well that's confusing...

bladescape
2014-03-14, 03:22 AM
Well that's confusing...

More like downright suspicious which leaves me wondering whether or not I should change.

Zar Peter
2014-03-14, 03:40 AM
"New information has me voting Tom the Mime. Nothing personal."

That sounds like "a powerrole made me change my vote and I may not say it". Or we have a day seer.

banjo1985
2014-03-14, 06:46 AM
Day 1 over!

Update to follow this afternoon.

banjo1985
2014-03-14, 07:37 AM
The kitties of Catopia are confused and divided – not an uncommon occurrence, but at least today they have a reason for it. With Don Custard in hiding and the Reinholdts sneaking unseen through the streets, it’s left to the Catopians to organise themselves, which they do very badly. There is much preening, scratching, hissing, and at least one ‘accident’ in the kitty litter, but not a lot of actual work.

“Don Custard ducked out on us!”
“What do we do?”
“Panic?”
“Cthulhu f’tagn!”
“Woof…erm…Meow, I mean, and other kitty like things of that nature generally.”
“Well said that…cat?”

Panic appears to be the consensus, as kitties start to run around like headless poultry, bumping into each other, gathering up all their worldly possessions, and all the other things you tend to do when the end of the world is nigh. A rather ugly collision occurs when half a dozen kitties meet at a crossroads in the centre of Catopia, each of them carrying their scratching posts.

“Oi!
“Watch where you’re going!”
“Now all our scratching posts are tangled together.”
“Yes, tangled in a very particular way that makes them look very much like a gibbet, in fact.”
“Hmmm.”

The kitties look up at the tangled posts, and a collective idea slowly begins to form.

“We should hang those wretched, Reinholdts, you know.”
“Yeah! Right in the middle of Catopia.”
“It looks a bit fragile though, should we not erect a proper hangman’s noose?”
“Nah, just lick it until it holds together. After all, we all know licking stuff solves everything.”

With a plan of action agreed, most kitties turn their tongues to securing the gibbet, whilst a few brave souls head into the alleyways to find a Reinholdt to test it on. It doesn’t take long to find a kitty none of them recognise, and the group quickly bundle their victim back to the main square, despite his protestations.

“We got a Reinholdt guys!”
“He’s wearing a straightjacket, so it must be that crazy one.”
“Hang on. That’s not a straightjacket, that is in fact a white t-shirt and a brown bag with the word ‘swag’ written on it.”
“See, I told you I wasn’t a Reinholdt!”
“Maybe not, but you still look like a shifty kitty to me. Up in the noose you go!”

The crowd overpower the poor kitty and hang him until he is sorry, which coincides with him becoming dead. Now that the assembled kitties look properly, the dead kitty is not Reinholdt colour, and his bag of swag is full of presents for the local kitten orphanage.

“Bugger.”
“Well, maybe he stole those presents, or they explode or smell of wee or something.”
“Really?”
“…No.”

Summary

Only one kitty was harmed in the writing of this narration. Someone shot a duck, and an earthworm caught a cold, but that's it.

Helgraf was lynched. He was the Pirate Thief Kitty, a Catopian.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/roguekitty_zpsc008db86.png

Night 1 begins now and will end in approximately 48 hours. Get your actions in to me or lose them!

Helgraf
2014-03-14, 08:15 AM
Thanks guys. Thanks ever so much.

Arkhosia
2014-03-16, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys. Thanks ever so much.

Sorry. :smallredface:
*hides*

Disc Lorde
2014-03-16, 09:08 PM
*meows and paws at the thread until Banjo puts up the night update*

banjo1985
2014-03-17, 12:50 AM
Night over, full update in a bit.

banjo1985
2014-03-17, 05:07 AM
Night 1

Night falls over Catopia, and night is when many kitties come out to play. But, it’s not just normal kitties tonight it seems, as four small and fleeting shapes thread their way through darkened alleyways and kitty littered streets.

“Don’t worry guys, it’s not much further.”
“You said that half an hour ago.”
“Yeah, but I really mean it this time.”
“We’re lost, aren’t we, Bongo?”
“No.”
“Really?.”
“Definitely not. Possibly. Maybe. A bit. Completely.”
“Bongo!”

The four little puppies stop on a street corner to argue, only for a huge shadow to fall over them all. A massive lion with very long and pointy fangs grins at the canines, showing rather too many teeth.

“Boss, that looks like a lion.”
“Are you a lion, sir?”

Zjoot nods, and looms even closer.

“Indeed, well spotted that puppy. King of the jungle and all that, though I prefer the veldt to be honest. Do you know something?”
“What?”
“I never have tasted puppy.”
“Oh dear….”

In boarded up houses either side of the street, two sets of onlookers prepare to take action.

Evil Rein loads his shotgun, and aims through a knot in the wood.

“Who you after boss, the lion or the puppies?”
“Are any of them Reinholdts?”
“Ummmm….”
“The answer you’re looking for, Robo Rein, is no.”
“Oh, okay. No, then.”
“In that case, I’ll hit whatever I damn well can.”

Don Custard and the Catopia City Catia sit in a very similar building on the opposite side of the road, small arms drawn and pointed out into the street.

“I don’t know. Four puppies and a lion, in Catopia. I thought I’d never see the day.”
“Not on this mayors watch. None of them are kitties – shoot ‘em all!”
“You sure, boss? Lions are big kitties, really.”
“Maybe so, but he said he’s king of the jungle, and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let some fuzzy no mark outrank me in my own city. Scrag ‘em!”

A hail of bullets and shrapnel tear pelt the street corner, catching the lion and four puppies in deadly cross fire. After the last shot finds it’s mark, there’s not even enough left to make a rug. Just about enough to make a hat though, which an enterprising kitty promptly does, and leaves it on the street corner for anyone curious passing by.

Summary

Zjoot was killed by the Reinholdts. He was Vampire Kitty, a Catopian.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/vampirickitty_zps26cfabb8.png

BasketOfPuppies was killed by Don Custard. He was a Basket of Puppies, a Hairball who had achieved 25% of his win condition.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/basketofpuppies_zps59d87873.png

A rather stylish lion and puppy fur hat was made of the remains of last night’s victims, by a mystery kitty. Please vote in green for the player you want to receive the hat (This vote can be for yourself).

Day 2 begins now and will end in 48 hours time.

The following players must vote today or risk being autolynched in some kind of crazy poisoned catnip related incident:

Castaras
Cristo Meyers
Lex-kat
Tanar Aerdoth
The Mad Hatter
Zweisteine

Murska
2014-03-17, 05:11 AM
Me! Me! I want a hat!

Castaras
2014-03-17, 05:42 AM
But but I want a hat Murska. :smallfrown:

Tom the Mime
2014-03-17, 05:57 AM
So BasketofPuppies was a BasketofPuppies?

BasketOfPuppies
2014-03-17, 06:17 AM
Plot twist!

Wait, am I seen as a THREAT now? I need to cope with this newfound power. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

banjo1985
2014-03-17, 09:25 AM
Me! Me! I want a hat!

Considering posting habits, that's probably a bit too arbitrary. Us Europeans should stick together I know, but fairs fair. :smallbiggrin:

Please vote for the player you want to receive the hat in green. You can vote for yourself. The player with the most votes will be given the magnificent hat at the beginning of Night 2.

Castaras
2014-03-17, 09:51 AM
I'm a small adorable kitten and so a magnificent hat would drown me and I'd end up like this cat (https://addons.opera.com/media/image-cache/themes/45/43545/1.0-rev1/images/3ca448d6-3158-45e6-874a-f44278451499_details_big.jpe) which is too adorable for it not to happen.

Therefore, I vote that I, Castaras, should get the hat.

Murska
2014-03-17, 10:19 AM
I will run for hat-atorship on a platform of legitimate governance for the Hat and all magnificence thereof. Even if the rules are redefined suddenly, after my perfectly clear victory, to be more 'fair', the people of Catopia have always stood for self-governance, freedom and fair democracy. Everyone should have equal right for catnip and balls of string and tuna, and I have the right for the hat according to the most ancient, sacred law of first dibs.

Murska for the Hat, freedom and equality for every Catopian, one land, one cat, one hat, can you dig it?

Penguinator
2014-03-17, 10:52 AM
Murska for hat-bearer!

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 11:05 AM
I would vote for The Mad Hatter if he were active, as it would be just too perfect. However, as he is not, I would like to point out that Disc Lorde lost his stylish top hat when he was sucked into the portal, and needs a new one.

mangosta71
2014-03-17, 11:32 AM
It should be immediately obvious that the only kitty truly capable of fulfilling the magnificent potential of the hat is the Dread Kitty Roberts (mangosta71).

Live the free life of the pirate! Join me on my quest to liberate all the catnip in Catopia! Together we shall throw the evil Reinholdts into the sea! Feast upon all the fish you can eat! The masts make wonderful scratching posts! Climb the rigging! Bask in the glorious sunlight in the crow's nest! (I wouldn't have had 12 of them installed on my ship if I'd known that they weren't actually bird nests. I'm suing the company for false advertising.)

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 11:33 AM
I think that I should have the hat because I'm good for town. I was against the Helgraf wagon yesterday, and I'm pretty good at analysis to find wolves.

Speaking of Helgraf, I noticed that he stayed lynched largely because a lot of people were scared of a tie. Don't be. There are those of us who will be watching the thread at the end and making sure that's avoided. Vote for whoever you most think is a wolf.

Continuing my suspicions from yesterday, Tom the Mime.

Roleplaying:

Disc Lorde stretched as he got up. Not that he particularly wanted to get up. Cats were nocturnal, and last night had been eventful, but he had to get out there and help find Reinholdts, while he could, before they found him.

In the town square, he discovered a magnificent hat on a pedestal, and saw other cats arguing about who should get it. Since he himself had lost his top hat when he was portaled here, he got up to make his own case for getting it.

Lex-Kat
2014-03-17, 11:43 AM
Although Castaras is indeed adorable, and I can see she would be even more so in a stylish hat too big for her, I must throw my own name into the ring for hat-bearer.

For it is obvious that only a Kat of distinction should be the Kat in the Hat. And I am one such Kat. So vote Lex-Kat, to have the Lion-Puppy Hat. :smallsmile:

~~~~~~~~~~ROLEPLAY~~~~~~~~~~

A smurfingly blue Smurfy Catmuffin hops into the street and looks around. Hello? Did someone call for a doctor? she asks, looking for a patient.

Murska
2014-03-17, 11:44 AM
Bah, the worst kind of election is where everyone votes for themselves. Unless you have real position to claim the hat on, such as my almighty Dibs.

Most likely the hat doesn't give special powers, and at the very least nothing powerful. But even so, it's best to keep it out of the hands of Reinholdts. I'm a safe bet in that regard, because a Reinholdt wouldn't jump up and claim something first thing in the day (they dislike attention, the sneaky buggers) and because whenever I am a wolf, I get lynched very early, so any damage I could do is very limited.

(Besides, I like having something extra to play with, when I don't have any information role-wise. >.> )

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 12:12 PM
Bah, the worst kind of election is where everyone votes for themselves.

lol, reminds me of the pirate lord election in Pirates of the Carribean.

I'm a safe bet in that regard, because a Reinholdt wouldn't jump up and claim something first thing in the day (they dislike attention, the sneaky buggers) and because whenever I am a wolf, I get lynched very early, so any damage I could do is very limited.

Uh, no. A Reinholdt might totally do that, if they thought it would make them seem less suspicious, and I don't see how being a Reinholdt would get you lynched early, unless you have a tell, which I hear you don't.

Murska
2014-03-17, 12:23 PM
Basically, I always get lynched or nightkilled early, regardless of whether I am a Reinholdt or not.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 12:31 PM
Well, I've seen some people target you because of your reputation, but you haven't been killed yet in either this or Turf War so I don't see why you couldn't survive another game week.

Also, BasketOfPuppies, no! Don Custard, you monster!

Ramsus
2014-03-17, 01:16 PM
Castaras because that's less competition for Lex, who has the "best" claim to the hat so far.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 01:35 PM
Wow, you cats are getting vicious over this hat.

Zar Peter
2014-03-17, 02:37 PM
The old cat stands up and puts his third fangs into his mouth.

Miooooouww! What a night. Oh man oh man, you shouldn't get old. I always say, being old was much easier when I was young. Today nobody listens to the old. When I was young I always had to listen to the old ones. But today? Nobody listens. Where is the time, where is the time? Ah well, let's see what's in the papers today.

He fetches the newspaper from the doormat and scratches his claws on it until he suddenly remembers why he fetched it. Trying to set the pieces together again he reads the scraps.

Oh, there's a hat competition. I always thought that young Castaras is looking good with a hat. But did you think anyone would listen? No, never. Sometimes I ask myself why I'm here anyway when nobodys listening.

(OOC {out of cat} Point at Lex-Kat for not only claiming the hat but pointing at Cassie... well, yes I know, Cassie did the same. Still.)

Duck999
2014-03-17, 03:38 PM
Most likely the hat doesn't give special powers, and at the very least nothing powerful. But even so, it's best to keep it out of the hands of Reinholdts. I'm a safe bet in that regard, because a Reinholdt wouldn't jump up and claim something first thing in the day (they dislike attention, the sneaky buggers) and because whenever I am a wolf, I get lynched very early, so any damage I could do is very limited.

This would get me suspicious-DANG YOU REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY! This makes me think-hiding behind falseness, but why would you say all this if you were evil, but that is what you want us to think...

Murska
2014-03-17, 04:09 PM
Don't overthink it, I just want the hat. :smalltongue:

Duck999
2014-03-17, 04:13 PM
Still no good leads, Murska

Murska for hat-bearer!

If Murska is wolf, this is suspicious.

Mordokai
2014-03-17, 04:17 PM
If Murska wants it, it can't be good. Therefore, I vote somebody else gets the hat. Like Cristo Meyers, for example. Might as well stay in the family.

And vote for Lex-Kat, because I get the fishy feeling.

Arkhosia
2014-03-17, 04:30 PM
I vote Zar Peter.

Lex-Kat for hat bearer!

Penguinator
2014-03-17, 05:03 PM
If Murska is wolf, this is suspicious.

How is my vote any different from anyone else's who put a vote on someone else? :smallconfused:

In-character, I would not care for a hat, and Murska had an impassioned speech. Although, mangosta's is also fairly convincing.

Duck999
2014-03-17, 05:18 PM
How is my vote any different from anyone else's who put a vote on someone else? :smallconfused:

At the point I said that, no one had voted for the hat for anyone else other than themselves.

Aric Kale
2014-03-17, 05:36 PM
A shield pops out from a bullet-ridden box, where a disheveled cat's head rises up. I say, what a ruckus! Guns shouldn't be a part of cat warfare...I say I, Aric Kitty should get the hat, in recompense for loss of my box-home. He swishes his tail, annoyed at this turn of events. Who were these fellows, Murska and Lex-Kat? Both of them seemed suspicious to him.

Sabeki
2014-03-17, 05:54 PM
I kind of think we should let Sabeki have this (horrifically smelly, rotted, bloody, and overall most likely atrocious) fashionable hat! As for lynch vote, a lot if people seem to get caught up in the hat thing, so I'll point at who first started that. ( *cough* Castaras *cough*)

Note: I'm doing this in regards of who first voted against someone for a *bleep*Ing hat, which was Castaras.

reaverb
2014-03-17, 05:55 PM
Hmm, I was going to vote for BasketofPuppies because I found him mentioning Autolynch Day 1 suspicious, but he's dead now.

Couple notes on the hat:

The mystery kitty comment could mean the hat was created by a role's power rather than from an event

We cannot be certain whether or not the hat is a good thing (and it would be hilariously flavorful for the cats to fight over something which ultimately does more harm to the bearer than good.) I believe the hat is good, though.

Murska for hat-bearer to match Lex-Kat's third vote (creating multiple bandwagons people must choose between) and Cristo Meyers for lynch, because he's a well-known player (well better known than me) who hasn't been active yet.

Edit: Made another post under Duck's

Duck999
2014-03-17, 05:59 PM
Dying could be part of Baskets win condition, and maybe he possesses whoever puts it on. This could get confusing then.

First of all... Possession could be fun for Duck999
I joined the Helgraf for Hat voting campaign!
I don't wand to change my vote, since there have been no good leads. No good leads=no good place to vote (except random).

reaverb
2014-03-17, 06:04 PM
BasketOfPuppies was killed by Don Custard. He was a Basket of Puppies, a Hairball who had achieved 25% of his win condition.
Alright, this is the other thing I wanted to look at - the "25% of his win condition." sound formulaic, like is was though of in advance. I don't think Banjo composed this specifically for when Basket of Puppies was killed. This means that most Hairballs probably have some sort of quantifiable win condition with multiple steps - probably either killing (or surviving past the death off) or contacting certain players.

Duck999
2014-03-17, 06:07 PM
Alright, this is the other thing I wanted to look at - the "25% of his win condition." sound formulaic, like is was though of in advance. I don't think Banjo composed this specifically for when Basket of Puppies was killed. This means that most Hairballs probably have some sort of quantifiable win condition with multiple steps - probably either killing (or surviving past the death off) or contacting certain players.

It could very well be die as the first step, then it could have 3 more steps. As I said, one could include the hat. This would be very dangerous, because he is dead...

Aric Kale
2014-03-17, 06:07 PM
Possibly 4 deaths? Specifically from villagers? I'm unsure as to the hat, but I think voting someone off because of it is foolish.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 06:24 PM
Indeed, I care relatively little about the hat. Also, voting for someone who may quite likely be autolynched seems like a waste of time.

Does anyone else think that Tom the Mime was giving off wolfish vibes?

Haruki-kun
2014-03-17, 07:52 PM
Castaras should get the hat.

Oh, yes, I did. :smallcool:

Helgraf
2014-03-17, 08:09 PM
*haunting noises* I volunteer to wear the hat...

Arkhosia
2014-03-17, 08:10 PM

*steals hat and gives to*
because I love the mental image.

Penguinator
2014-03-17, 09:46 PM
At the point I said that, no one had voted for the hat for anyone else other than themselves.

Uh... Look again? I see two other people who had, at that point, voted for someone other than themselves.

BasketOfPuppies
2014-03-17, 09:49 PM
Are dead people allowed to vote for hat? Because Murska DOES have dibs.

LoP
2014-03-17, 10:16 PM
I am ok with Murska taking the hat made of our fallen feline comrades' bodies... wow thats dark.

I don't know why Castaras is suddenly garnering lynch votes though, though since the lens is on him I guess he might as well share his thoughts to help us out.

Tom the Mime
2014-03-17, 10:35 PM
Let's give the hat to Castaras the hat which would mean that Lex-kat does not get the hat.

I don't think it's a good idea strategy wise but it would be very amusing if all the serious contenders for the hat end up tying for lynch votes. They get into a tug-o-war over the hat before descending into a full blown brawl and by the time the dust clears, only the hat remains.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 10:53 PM
Okay, vote tallies as of this posting. (That I know of, not counting power role votes.)

For lynch:
Castaras: 3 (Lex-Kat, Rasmus, Sabeki)
Murska: 2 (Castaras, Duck999)
Lex-Kat: 3 (Zar Peter, Mordokai, Tom the Mime)
Tom the Mime: 1 (Disc Lorde)
Zar Peter: 1 (Arkhosia)
Cristo Meyers: 1 (reaverb)

For hat:
Murska: 4 (Murska, Penguinator, reaverb, LoP)
Lex-Kat: 3 (Lex-Kat, Rasmus, Arkhosia)
Castaras: 3 (Castaras, Haruki-Kun, Tom the Mime)
Disc Lorde: 1 (Disc Lorde)
mangosta71: 1 (mangosta71)
aric_kale: 1 (aric_kale)
Sabeki: 1 (Sabeki)
Cristo Meyers: 1 (Mordokai)
Duck999: 1 (Duck999)

I still really suspect Tom the Mime. I'd put good odds, over 50%, on him being a Reinholdt. Zjoot suspected him and he seems pretty sharp, and Tom hasn't been helping town.

As for the hat, I don't really trust any of the top 3 contenders right now. Uhhh...

Cristo Meyers
2014-03-17, 10:58 PM
Murska for hat-bearer to match Lex-Kat's third vote (creating multiple bandwagons people must choose between) and Cristo Meyers for lynch, because he's a well-known player (well better known than me) who hasn't been active yet.

Fighting with your wife to the point of not talking to her for two days puts a damper on one's desire to post.

I want to see where this Tom the Mime thing Disc Lorde and Reinholdt started last phase is going.

Tris
2014-03-17, 11:03 PM
Hmm... Yeah.

----------------------------------------

"More dead," Lena mumbles. "Which means... Hmm... Well, then... I guess Murska get's the hat," she decides. Then, her ears perk up. She overhears Disc Lorde talking about Tom the Mime. "Hey, you seem like a smart cat. I think you're right about Tom. If you'd been here before, you'd have probably understood me, and we could have stopped the Reinholdts before they came. I swear, some of the cats here are some of the dumbest I've met. This town could use more like you. Where'd you come from?" Lena meows quickly.

Tom the Mime

Disc Lorde
2014-03-17, 11:12 PM
"More dead," Lena mumbles. "Which means... Hmm... Well, then... I guess Murska get's the hat," she decides. Then, her ears perk up. She overhears Disc Lorde talking about Tom the Mime. "Hey, you seem like a smart cat. I think you're right about Tom. If you'd been here before, you'd have probably understood me, and we could have stopped the Reinholdts before they came. I swear, some of the cats here are some of the dumbest I've met. This town could use more like you. Where'd you come from?" Lena meows quickly.

Disc blushes a little at the praise. Um, I'm from a planet called Lore. Nice to meet you.

Aric Kale
2014-03-17, 11:14 PM
Tom the Mime, you say? The cat (http://www.mspca.org/assets/images/31225.jpg) drags his shield over, sitting on it like a throne after he arrives. I'm still having difficulties figuring out how to tell a Reinholdt from a Catopian. Never was a detective... He says, licking his paw and cleaning behind his ears.

Tris
2014-03-17, 11:36 PM
Disc blushes a little at the praise. Um, I'm from a planet called Lore. Nice to meet you.

"Ah, ok. I'm from a place called Golarion. I had a half-elven prodigy in magic for a companion, but somehow, I was whisked away over here. I was trying to figure out how to get back when I saw signs of the Reinholdts coming, but nobody would listen to me. And, look where we are now. Hmph."

reaverb
2014-03-18, 12:24 AM
Fighting with your wife to the point of not talking to her for two days puts a damper on one's desire to post.Ouch, hopes that gets better.

Switching to Lex-Kat to tie the wagons, and she seems more suspicious to me than Castaras. (Because I've heard she plays particularly quiet wolves and she seems much quieter than Castaras.)

Could somebody point to the logic behind the Tom the Mime wagon? I can't see why so many people find him suspicious.

Reinholdt
2014-03-18, 12:32 AM
On Hats

Shame The Mad Hatter isn't here, cause I'd go for him too. As it is, Mango has a good bird related arguement, but Castaras is the only candidate to link a cute Cat in a Hat picture. And we need more cute cat pictures.

On Tom the Mime
I am so Definitely Not Reinholdt that my role specializes in striking weak points for massive bonus damage against Reinholdt I would be good at hitting that guy. With the close vote that Helgraf and Tom had, I wanted to try it. Pretty convinced that Tom isn't a Reinholdt, though I recognize there are a lot of roles out there that easily could have interfered with my test. Still, there are better options at the moment I believe...

On Murska
I'm pretty thoroughly convinced Murska is a Reinholdt. Murska has been a pretty heavy proponent for discussion and putting pressure on people as early as day one to try and see their reactions and find wolves. Yet we see absolutely none of that this game. Yesterday you see him leading an easy lynch against someone for 'trying to lynch dangerous players' claiming it's a wolf tactic. But for as long as I've played this game, it's almost never been a wolf tactic. Wolves like two things, staying under cover and causing confusion. Going out of their way to try and lynch a dangerous person day 1 would be an abnormality and dangerous and Helgraf knows it and Murska knows it and Murska knows Helgraf knows it. What I think happened was Murska saw an easy way to safe-lynch a non-Reinholdt while establishing why he shouldn't be lynched.

In fact, that's all Murska's been doing this game is establishing reasons why he shouldn't be lynched. Not seeking out wolves, but getting in psyches. And that's a very Reinholdt thing to do. Lately when Murska's been a villager, I'll feel it and I'll back him because his logic is sound, but I'm not feeling it this game. I'm not feeling it in the least.

Murska is probably a Reinholdt.

Aric Kale
2014-03-18, 12:41 AM
Wait a minute...Murska really is always a wolf? Odd... This is just too confusing for a simple warrior cat.

Hattish Thing
2014-03-18, 12:55 AM
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggeraflurrybalated. Or something like that. States a shadowy figure, a large lopsided tophat dangling upon his furry head. But time just tends to get away from me... You know, I knew time once! We were very good friends. We spoke frequently of weatherisms and Poland. I like Poland. She's nice. Anyway, enough of time. We had a falling out. Tickety tockety ticket toccketty...

Er what?

Yes. Enough of time, we had a falling out. I believe there's some contest over a hat? What kind of hat? Is it big? Is it tall? Is it covered in butter and jam?

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 01:13 AM
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggeraflurrybalated. Or something like that. States a shadowy figure, a large lopsided tophat dangling upon his furry head. But time just tends to get away from me... You know, I knew time once! We were very good friends. We spoke frequently of weatherisms and Poland. I like Poland. She's nice. Anyway, enough of time. We had a falling out. Tickety tockety ticket toccketty...

Er what?

Yes. Enough of time, we had a falling out. I believe there's some contest over a hat? What kind of hat? Is it big? Is it tall? Is it covered in butter and jam?

Check the update near the end of page 9.

"Yes, a big furry hat made from what was left of last night's unfortunate victims. But we're not giving it to a cat whose just going to roll over in poisoned catnip and die on us, so if you want it hurry up and vote for someone to lynch!"

Hattish Thing
2014-03-18, 01:32 AM
Check the update near the end of page 9.

"Yes, a big furry hat made from what was left of last night's unfortunate victims. But we're not giving it to a cat whose just going to roll over in poisoned catnip and die on us, so if you want it hurry up and vote for someone to lynch!"

(I narrowly avoided the auto-lynch, I believe! Huzzah!)

That sounds like such a magnificently unique bit of toppinses. I've always found furry toppinsese to be a bit itchy, though that may simply be due to the nurgles. They live in my hairs. I've named them. There's so many... Sometimes I think they plot against me while I sleep.

Say, you're not a nurgle are you? Oh, no, of course not. Still...

Nnnnygahh! Hssss! That one of there has a shieldy-bricker! Probably has a sharpy-sticker too knowing his kind... I don't like the sharp things, you know... Why, I remember singing for the Queen once! Twinkly Twinkle little bat, how I wonder where you're at... up above the world so high... Like a tea tray in the sky! You know the song. The Queen didn't like it... Went all off with my Toppinses! Twas horrid! The cardsmen had shapry-stickers and shieldy-brickers too!

Aric Kale Kitteh must be one of the Queen's cardsmen! Or worse yet... a NURGLE! Yes, I accuse you of associeted Nurglesomes!

Mordokai
2014-03-18, 02:40 AM

You still haven't explained why you yourself feel like that.

DarkLightDragon
2014-03-18, 02:43 AM
I don't need some silly hat, DLK purred, I look beautiful enough as it is. I see no problem with Murska having it.

Her stomach rumbles, and she licks her lips.

You know, I've always wanted to try some Duck999...

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 03:33 AM
You still haven't explained why you yourself feel like that.

Zjoot suspected him and he seems pretty sharp, and Tom hasn't been helping town.

While I'm here, vote count update:

For lynch:
Murska: 4 (Castaras, Duck999, Reinholdt, aric_kale)
Lex-Kat: 4 (Zar Peter, Mordokai, Tom the Mime, reaverb)
Tom the Mime: 3 (Disc Lorde, Cristo Meyers, Tanar Aerdoth)
aric_kale: 1 (The Mad Hatter)
Duck999: 1 (DarkLightDragon)

For hat:
Murska: 5 (Murska, Penguinator, reaverb, LoP, DarkLightDragon)
Castaras: 4 (Castaras, Haruki-Kun, Tom the Mime, Reinholdt)

Wait a minute...Murska really is always a wolf? Odd... This is just too confusing for a simple warrior cat.

"*groan* No, he's not. Don't believe everything you hear. Honestly, this is like herding cats. Oh, right."

Murska
2014-03-18, 03:41 AM
On Hats

Shame The Mad Hatter isn't here, cause I'd go for him too. As it is, Mango has a good bird related arguement, but Castaras is the only candidate to link a cute Cat in a Hat picture. And we need more cute cat pictures.

On Tom the Mime
I am so Definitely Not Reinholdt that my role specializes in striking weak points for massive bonus damage against Reinholdt I would be good at hitting that guy. With the close vote that Helgraf and Tom had, I wanted to try it. Pretty convinced that Tom isn't a Reinholdt, though I recognize there are a lot of roles out there that easily could have interfered with my test. Still, there are better options at the moment I believe...

On Murska
I'm pretty thoroughly convinced Murska is a Reinholdt. Murska has been a pretty heavy proponent for discussion and putting pressure on people as early as day one to try and see their reactions and find wolves. Yet we see absolutely none of that this game. Yesterday you see him leading an easy lynch against someone for 'trying to lynch dangerous players' claiming it's a wolf tactic. But for as long as I've played this game, it's almost never been a wolf tactic. Wolves like two things, staying under cover and causing confusion. Going out of their way to try and lynch a dangerous person day 1 would be an abnormality and dangerous and Helgraf knows it and Murska knows it and Murska knows Helgraf knows it. What I think happened was Murska saw an easy way to safe-lynch a non-Reinholdt while establishing why he shouldn't be lynched.

In fact, that's all Murska's been doing this game is establishing reasons why he shouldn't be lynched. Not seeking out wolves, but getting in psyches. And that's a very Reinholdt thing to do. Lately when Murska's been a villager, I'll feel it and I'll back him because his logic is sound, but I'm not feeling it this game. I'm not feeling it in the least.

Murska is probably a Reinholdt.

Mm, no. I didn't get the vibe Helgraf was trying to lynch bladescape, it felt like 'I have to point at someone, let's think of a reason' and the reason was one that would occur to a wolf instead of a villager. So I pointed at him to generate discussion and pressure. Admittedly we could have gained more had I worked on some other target as well at some point, but I didn't exactly have the time. I feel your confusion might stem from the fact that I haven't posted much discussion on anything, which is mostly because there hasn't been a tight lynch contest against myself or some other similar case that forces me to be loud. I'm acting roughly as I am in Turf Wars, where there is no reason for me to be loud.

But I like the post in general. I'm partially at fault for my joking messages about the hat setting the tone for the day, but seriously we don't want to waste this day on that. We're supposed to be searching for Reinholdts.

Now, I'm reasonably (but not 100%) confident that Tom the Mime is not a Reinholdt, based on some behind-the-scenes role-based shenanigans that I am not at liberty to reveal.

On a quick look through day one, Gnrlshrimp, Reinholdt (the definitely not one) and LoP seem Town-y based on their reactions to the Helgraf wagon.

I don't like how silent Fleeing Coward is, especially with the usual throwaway vote on myself on day one without any attempts to contribute to the discussion. Usually he's at least a little bit louder, even if it is just to remind people not to trust me and so on and so forth.

LoP
2014-03-18, 03:49 AM
I don't know when this day ends, but if its currently tied between Murska and Lex-Cat, my gut thinks Murska would be a bigger loss to town if he ends up Catopian (or even if both Lex and Murska end up as Catopians, which is actually really probable). And if he's actually a Reinholdt... well, there are ways to deal with that.

I guess if he's a Reinholdt I'm going to eat my words (and get myself killed), but I'll go out on a limb and trust him enough to not lynch him yet.

Reinholdt
2014-03-18, 03:57 AM
There's over a day left. Don't feel pigeonholed to two wagons.

If you're never sure how much time is left, go back and look at last day's narration time stamp and base it off that and the narrator's declaration of the amount of time til day ends.

Murska
2014-03-18, 04:12 AM
Yeah, I tend to only work on established options if there's only a couple hours left and really no time to change things. I mean, insofar as I can see Castaras and Lex-Kat are lynch targets mainly because they are trying to get the hat, which is not really a very good reason. (Then again, I can't help but to feel Lex is a bit more suspicious of the two based on a hunch.)

banjo1985
2014-03-18, 04:16 AM

Are dead people allowed to vote for hat? Because Murska DOES have dibs.

I endorse this. Dead players can vote for the hat bearer, and they can indeed vote for themselves or each other if they wish.

Halfway update:

Lex-kat and Murska are currently tied in the race to be lynched.

Murska is set to receive the magnificent hat, and will do so even if he is lynched.

Only Zweisteine is still risking autolynch.

Murska
2014-03-18, 04:21 AM
Reinholdt (or anyone else), I'm quite busy due to an Assassins tournament and schoolwork and some needle-and-thread preparing in real life right now. The most time-consuming aspect of analysis tends to be to scour back and forth through the thread gathering the data to do the work on, so if you want me to contribute more I would be happy to respond to specific questions or look at specific players if you'd compile a list. :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2014-03-18, 04:39 AM
Not so sure that's all that necessary. You put out a fairly convincing argument, but Banjo's post has me rather more convinced that you're a Reinholdt for the same reasons I think Tom's likely clear. I think I'll stay the course this time.

*crosschecks days*
Duck might be interfering with my results though.

Nonayer
2014-03-18, 04:50 AM
I was away this weekend so I'm a bit behind on events but I'm going to vote for Murska because Lex got lynched really early in the Turf War game and repeating the performance in two games in a row would be annoying for anyone.

There isn't much to go on at the moment and there aren't any solid reasons to suspect Murska or Lex at the moment so I believe my reason to vote is as good as any.

Murska
2014-03-18, 05:01 AM
I was away this weekend so I'm a bit behind on events but I'm going to vote for Murska because Lex got lynched really early in the Turf War game and repeating the performance in two games in a row would be annoying for anyone.

There isn't much to go on at the moment and there aren't any solid reasons to suspect Murska or Lex at the moment so I believe my reason to vote is as good as any.

You could always vote for someone else, as we just said...?

Rein is confusing me. :(

Zweisteine
2014-03-18, 06:03 AM
The fluffy white cat wakes up, having slept for over 24 hours. Yaaaaawwwn...
What'd I miss?
So Don Custard caught some dogs in the town? I told you thighs would work themselves out...

I'll jump on the bandwagon and say Murska ought to go, but mostly because I want to lose the hat when Murska dies. My vote is subject to change, though; I'm mostly making it now because I don't want to be auto-lynched.

Gnrlshrimp
2014-03-18, 06:09 AM
"Oh dear, look at all those dead...puppies. And a lion. This town of cats is looking decidedly un-catty at the moment. Still, something should be done about it! We should-"

The angel-cat yawns, stretches, and falls asleep.

It's a wonder anyone ever gets anything done as a cat.

((I...actually quite like Zweisteine's logic here. I don't know what the deal with the hat is, but I am somewhat concerned about anyone having it. So... Murska to get the hat, and Murska to be lynched.))

Duck999
2014-03-18, 06:12 AM
This game is making me paranoid. What if Basket wants the person with the hat to be lynched?

Murska
2014-03-18, 06:25 AM
Seriously, don't vote for people because of the hat, it probably has no effect anyway. Vote for me or anyone else because you think they're a Reinholdt.

Reinholdt
2014-03-18, 06:28 AM
I swear, you introduce one hat made out of skinned puppies and severed lions and that's all anyone can think about anymore. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2014-03-18, 06:32 AM
I swear, you introduce one hat made out of skinned puppies and severed lions and that's all anyone can think about anymore. :smalltongue:

My work here is done. Enjoy the chaos, folks. :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-18, 06:54 AM
I'm voting for Murska since I'm helping him focus on real life more by eliminating him from this game so it's actually good for him.
And definately not because I always jump at a chance to lynch Murska

mangosta71
2014-03-18, 08:23 AM
If I vote for Basket of Puppies, can we skin him again and make another hat?

Castaras
2014-03-18, 09:09 AM
I don't know what's going on. :smalleek:

Cristo Meyers
2014-03-18, 09:23 AM
Ouch, hopes that gets better.

Thanks.

Switching to Lex-Kat to tie the wagons, and she seems more suspicious to me than Castaras. (Because I've heard she plays particularly quiet wolves and she seems much quieter than Castaras.)

I don't think the wagons are actually tied. There's pretty heavy evidence of at least one role being able to manipulate the vote, maybe as many as three.

I still want to see where this Tom the Mime thing is going, but something about the Zjoot night-kill is bugging me. This is the second game in a row I've seen him get offed/almost get offed right from the word go. He was almost killed in Night 1 of Fears as well. Though none of those wolves are in this game save Lex-Kat, and she obviously couldn't have tried to kill Zjoot in Fears...

Rein is confusing me. :(

Yeah, he is being a devious little toaster this time around...

If I vote for Basket of Puppies, can we skin him again and make another hat?

See, my, vest. See my vest, made from real gorilla chest...

Murska
2014-03-18, 10:01 AM
Please, somebody at least try to offer analysis. I'll be home something like eight hours from now, and I really doubt there will be time to change anything if things continue as they are. But while I'm okay with getting lynched because I'm suspicious, I dislike getting lynched for no good reason and regardless of which of these is the case, I'd hope that the lynch would provide information so at least the next day is not spent milling around in equal confusion.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 10:30 AM
Okay, it's been claimed that Tom the Mime was revealed by a role power as clear, and Murska put forth a convincing explanation of his own actions. I think I want to keep them alive, for now.

Lex-Kat, because Murksa's more valuable if he's town, and Murska has a bit of a hunch that she's suspicious.

Hmm, Banjo's count tells us that the power vote is on Murska.

Votes:

For lynch:
Murska: 9 (Castaras, Duck999, Reinholdt, aric_kale, mystery source, Nonayer, Zweisteine, Gnrlshrimp, Fleeing Coward)
Lex-Kat: 6 (Zar Peter, Mordokai, Tom the Mime, reaverb, LoP, Disc Lorde)
Tom the Mime: 3 (Disc Lorde, Cristo Meyers, Tanar Aerdoth)
Fleeing Coward: 1 (Murska)

For hat:
Murska: 8 (Murska, Penguinator, reaverb, LoP, DarkLightDragon, BasketOfPuppies, Zweisteine, Gnrlshrimp)

bladescape
2014-03-18, 10:41 AM
Tom the Mime since I'd rather him than either of them atm. Not likely to happen but worth a try.

ThePhantom
2014-03-18, 11:00 AM
Tom the Mime, and Murska

Nonayer
2014-03-18, 01:00 PM
I've had some time to go through the thread and think things through a bit so I'm going to change my vote.

First off I want to say that the Murska bandwagon jumped way too fast for someone being voted on only because of a silly hat and the same could be said about Lex and Castaras. There's a very small chance the Reinholds would risk themselves by fighting over a hat for all to see but it's exactly the kind of thing some silly catopians would do. After all the hat has almost certainly no game value. If it did Banjo wouldn't have first went with the "whoever posts first approach" at first.

I'm not really sure about Tom the Mime being evil but I'd rather not lynch someone based on a hat and honestly seeing who will vote for Tom the Mime and who won't will prove very useful at the end of the day analysis when we find out his alignment. Of course the same goes when we find out Murska's alignment because at the moment it's still very probable he is the one getting the noose.

Haruki-kun
2014-03-18, 01:15 PM
"Tom the Mime should really eat his tomatoes."

Aventine
2014-03-18, 02:49 PM
Dead players can vote for the hat bearer, and they can indeed vote for themselves or each other if they wish.

I take that to imply that living players can also vote for dead players as well, so...

I vote for Helgraf's corpse.

I am pretty confused by Disc Lorde honestly. You kept being pretty insistent about Tom the Mime being suspicious, but the only evidence was Zjoot's hunch. Then you change your mind rather suddenly. Feels off to me. The wave of Tom the Mime votes recently seems weird too.

All that being said, I am going to vote for Fleeing Coward, because of this:

I'm voting for Murska since I'm helping him focus on real life more by eliminating him from this game so it's actually good for him.
And definately not because I always jump at a chance to lynch Murska

A joke vote for the player with the most votes?

Zar Peter
2014-03-18, 02:57 PM
Point at Tom the Mime

My point at Lex wasn't well funded and I think Murska deserves some time

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 03:20 PM
I am pretty confused by Disc Lorde honestly. You kept being pretty insistent about Tom the Mime being suspicious, but the only evidence was Zjoot's hunch. Then you change your mind rather suddenly. Feels off to me. The wave of Tom the Mime votes recently seems weird too.

Zjoot's hunch and the fact that his behavior has been consistent with what I've seen of wolf play and inconsistent with what I've seen of town play. I switched off of him because I thought Murska said night role shennanigans cleared him, and because his wagon was trailing at the time and I'd rather lynch Lex than Murska. As for the rising wave of votes for him, I think that's well-explained. There's a rising wagon on him, I provided reasons to vote for him, and he's the alternative to Murska and Lex.

Now that I look back on it, Murska only said he thought that Tom was cleared by role shennanigans, he could be wrong. So, Tom the Mime again.

I'd definitely put FC on my suspicious list though, for all the reasons given against him so far.

A little less than 14 hours left in the day. Vote tallies:

For lynch:
Murska: 8 (Castaras, Duck999, Reinholdt, aric_kale, mystery source, Zweisteine, Gnrlshrimp, Fleeing Coward)
Tom the Mime: 8 (Disc Lorde, Cristo Meyers, Tanar Aerdoth, bladescape, ThePhantom, Nonayer, Haruki-Kun, Zar Peter)
Lex-Kat: 4 (Mordokai, Tom the Mime, reaverb, LoP)
Fleeing Coward: 2 (Murska, Aventine)

For hat:
Murska: 9 (Murska, Penguinator, reaverb, LoP, DarkLightDragon, BasketOfPuppies, Zweisteine, Gnrlshrimp, ThePhantom)
Helgraf's corpse: 1 (Aventine)

(I assumed that everyone who said they changed there votes crossed out their old votes, and no one crossed out their old votes without saying so. If that's incoreect for any of you, please fix it.)

Ramsus
2014-03-18, 03:38 PM
Switching to Tom the Mime because I don't see how it'd help us to lynch two people.

Aventine
2014-03-18, 04:13 PM
Zjoot's hunch and the fact that his behavior has been consistent with what I've seen of wolf play and inconsistent with what I've seen of town play.

What behavior, specifically? Unless I missed some this should be the grand total of his posts since the game began:

Haruki seems awfully suspicious. His avatar is trying to sneak in with the other cats but it isn't a very good disguise. :smalltongue:

It does look very nice though

If it wasn't for this post I would've been pointing at you given a sudden new bandwagon at the end of day one ranks as fairly suspicious early on.

I'll switch to Helgraf given that what Murska is saying about not wanting to have multiple lynches day 1 given what we know makes sense. We also know that there are double voters or vote-affecting powers/secret events given the count Banjo gave earlier not seeming to match up with the actual votes up to that point.

So BasketofPuppies was a BasketofPuppies?

Let's give the hat to Castaras the hat which would mean that Lex-kat does not get the hat.

I don't think it's a good idea strategy wise but it would be very amusing if all the serious contenders for the hat end up tying for lynch votes. They get into a tug-o-war over the hat before descending into a full blown brawl and by the time the dust clears, only the hat remains.

Can you give specifics of what you find suspicious? Or is it just a vague feeling and a hunch?

As for the rising wave of votes for him, I think that's well-explained. There's a rising wagon on him, I provided reasons to vote for him, and he's the alternative to Murska and Lex.
(emphasis mine)

The wave I was talking about started after you switched away from voting for Tom the Mine because you thought he had been confirmed town. That isn't providing reasons to vote for him, that would be a reason not to vote for him. The only reasons you gave were a hunch and vague suspicion without any specific evidence.

Since you changed your vote to Lex-Kat there have been seven votes for Tom the Mime (including your switch back to him). In that time there has been only one vote for anyone else. Considering the only "evidence" against him is a hunch, does that not seem odd to you, or anyone?

I can understand not wanting to lynch Murska or Lex-Kat if people think they aren't Reinholdts, but do we have any real reasons to think Tom the Mime is a better alternative?

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-18, 04:41 PM
Those that voiced suspicion of me - my vote may seem like a joke vote but I'm actually voting for Murska because Reinholdt makes perfect sense. Murska has been active enough to defend himself over multiple posts while claiming to be "too busy" for me to buy that story.

I'll say right now, I don't care which side wins, I just need to survive. If either side wants to waste 2 lynches or night kills to make me lose and negatively affect your team's chances of winning, there's not much I can do about it.

LoP
2014-03-18, 04:50 PM
FC sounds like a hairball to me. Tell me, FC, have you ever considered a future in the Catopian collective? We have great retirement plans. And catnip. Lots of catnip. :-P

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 04:58 PM
What behavior, specifically? Unless I missed some this should be the grand total of his posts since the game began:

Can you give specifics of what you find suspicious? Or is it just a vague feeling and a hunch?

Certainly. He's been posting just enough to stay visible and not be ALed, but hasn't been trying to help find wolves.

Since you changed your vote to Lex-Kat there have been seven votes for Tom the Mime (including your switch back to him). In that time there has been only one vote for anyone else. Considering the only "evidence" against him is a hunch, does that not seem odd to you, or anyone?

Not really. A hunch by Zjoot and I is about as good as anything else we have to go on. And some people states their own reasons for voting for him.

I can understand not wanting to lynch Murska or Lex-Kat if people think they aren't Reinholdts, but do we have any real reasons to think Tom the Mime is a better alternative?

Yep, the Zjoot hunch and the reasons I just gave.

Those that voiced suspicion of me - my vote may seem like a joke vote but I'm actually voting for Murska because Reinholdt makes perfect sense. Murska has been active enough to defend himself over multiple posts while claiming to be "too busy" for me to buy that story.

I'll say right now, I don't care which side wins, I just need to survive. If either side wants to waste 2 lynches or night kills to make me lose and negatively affect your team's chances of winning, there's not much I can do about it.

Oh, now this is interesting. So you're claiming to be a hairball with a "get out of death free" card? Yes, that's very interesting.

Gnrlshrimp
2014-03-18, 05:24 PM
...so this marks two days in a row in which we've seen a sudden substantial shift in favour of lynching Tom the Mime.

And, um, Disc Lorde, no one has done all that much to help find wolves because it's only day two and there's a limited amount of information to analyse.

And of course these rather determined attempts to lynch Tom on both days gives us even less to work on, other than making it rather clear that there's something very, very fishy going on here.

And on top of that, a lot of the behaviour and bandwagoning today has been caused by the hat. Prior to the sudden switch to Tom again, anyway.

This all just leaves me wondering what kind of crazy roles Banjo dreamt up for this game to cause this bizarre behaviour.

Tris
2014-03-18, 05:50 PM
I have no time to rp or get involved right now, but I'm switching to Murska Murksa Helgraf

Helgraf
2014-03-18, 06:26 PM
*haunting purring sounds that seem to come from everywhere and nowhere - and under the furniture - all at once*

Helgraf for hat-wearer.

Duck999
2014-03-18, 06:43 PM
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say Helgraf. It's not like I'm getting the hat anyway...

Murska
2014-03-18, 06:58 PM
Eh. Well. Basically, what I know about Tom the Mime is that he claimed to me to have scried me as a specific role, and his claim was wrong - I don't have that role. So basically he's claiming to be a Fool. I find it an unlikely ploy for a Reinholdt, but still a possible one.

Frankly, though I loathe to do it, I think it's too late right now to bring up any real counterwagon, and there's absolutely no basis for lynching Lex or Castaras other than the hat, so Tom the Mime because I'm less sure of him being good than of myself.

Oh, and FC: Posting doesn't really take time. Analysis, on the other hand, does. Which is why I asked for people to provide me with specific points I could look up, instead of a time-consuming full analysis.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 07:15 PM
Is posting at night allowed?

Tom the Mime
2014-03-18, 07:33 PM
Given Murska's already given the basics, I may as well elaborate - if they're going to kill me as a role seer, they'll do it now anyway. I'm a role seer, my scry was redirected to Murska somehow and the role was one which seemed to be a catopian (looking at the equivalent in the previous game - can look at who a certain player targetted) and worked well with mine. Wasn't sure enough to contact Murska earlier but when getting lynched seemed reasonably likely, I thought it was worth the risk.

Assuming Murska was telling the truth that my scry was incorrect (can't see a good motive for doing so as a Reinholdt or catopian), there are a couple of options I can think of for what it could be:
1) I'm a role scry fool,
2) The redirect on redirects who I think I targetted or something like that (if someone has a role like that and could have redirected me to Murska somehow, please let me know so we can try to get the proper info somehow)
3) Scry interference - I don't know if it gives no result or a random result in this game

I've only had one scry so I can't exactly narrow it down from those yet.

Given the similarity in the role claimed in pm to me by Murska (double-voter and tie breaker) and the role openly claimed by Reinholdt, I think it's likely that one of them is a Reinholdt but I'm not 100% sure. I'm leaning towards Reinholdt now but I'd have to go over stuff and given the lynch seems to be between me and Murska right now, I'd have to go with him.

Also, I get the bandwagoning for no solid reason for the first few days given you're looking for leads but what really struck me was both days was the sharp spike in votes both times with less than a day left. At least there'll be something to analyse.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 07:41 PM
Okay, now this is getting interesting. Tom, assuming you're telling the truth, what's the name and icon of your role, and what exactly can you tell about those you scry?

Murska
2014-03-18, 07:42 PM
Role openly claimed by Reinholdt? Where?

Are we allowed to claim our role pictures?

Tom the Mime
2014-03-18, 07:52 PM
Okay, now this is getting interesting. Tom, assuming you're telling the truth, what's the name and icon of your role, and what exactly can you tell about those you scry?

It tells me their role, as in what they can do, but not their role name or icon as that would give me an alignment scry as well. With certain roles I can make a reasonable guess though.

I'm not giving my name and icon with my claim unless Banjo explicitly says it's allowed because claiming by picture when they're mostly available seems to be game breaking and would probably lead to a mass role claim based on that.

Role openly claimed by Reinholdt? Where?

Are we allowed to claim our role pictures?

This is the role claim (if I'm reading it correctly) I was referring to.

~snip~
On Tom the Mime
~snip~

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 08:02 PM
I'm not giving my name and icon with my claim unless Banjo explicitly says it's allowed because claiming by picture when they're mostly available seems to be game breaking and would probably lead to a mass role claim based on that.

Okay, the thing is, someone PMed me saying they had that exact same power. I rather doubt that there are two villager roles with the exact same power, so I think one of you two is lying (Reinholdt). About the fool thing, I think that there's a chance of you being the fool, you should be told in the rules/role PM. Otherwise we can't even trust our own role PMs to be telling the truth, and I think that's messed up.

Since it's such a valuable role, I don't feel comfortable sharing who sent me it until I'm sure they're a Reinholdt.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-18, 08:29 PM
I am saying I'm neutral so upon consideration I'm going to follow Zar Petere's lead in Zelda and not favour either side. There is slightly more to my role than just what I've said but it hurts my survival chances and not anything that will directly affect either side's win con.
Basically, as long as both sides leave me alone, I'll do the same since I have no incentive to get involved in any of this.

Duck999
2014-03-18, 08:34 PM
Neutral as in a hairball?

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 08:41 PM
Can anyone answer my question about whether night posting is okay?

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-18, 08:45 PM
Neutral as in a hairball?

Do you know any other side that's neutral this game?:smalltongue:
There's also some crazy hairball running around that's making people into cultists of Catulhu since I got inducted yesterday but as far as I can tell, it changes nothing.

Duck999
2014-03-18, 08:58 PM
Do you know any other side that's neutral this game?:smalltongue:
There's also some crazy hairball running around that's making people into cultists of Catulhu since I got inducted yesterday but as far as I can tell, it changes nothing.

A couple things.
1. Cultists is probably their win condition.
2. Who is this, we should kill them.
3. We should also kill you. Who wants a hairball to win?
Not me.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-18, 09:05 PM
A couple things.
1. Cultists is probably their win condition.
2. Who is this, we should kill them.
3. We should also kill you. Who wants a hairball to win?
Not me.

The way I read this is that you're a Hairball that need all other Hairballs dead to win. There is no reason that any Catopian or Reinholdt would propose killing off neutrals that have no effect on their win cons.

Duck999
2014-03-18, 09:08 PM
Okay. Here's a question I should have asked sooner. Does the game continue once a hairball wins?

Aric Kale
2014-03-18, 10:03 PM
I didn't realize we were allowed to PM in this game....

Count Dingdong
2014-03-18, 10:08 PM
Dang, I've missed a LOT this day. :smalleek: Well, I seriously have no clue and don't have the time to read through the past few pages and see what's happening. I see there's a hat. Well, Count Dingdong! I also see there's a lot of votes. Murska's always a wolf. Murska, Lex, and Castaras are competing for the hat? So one/all/some/none of them must die? And Tom the Mime is suspicious because... why? :smallconfused: Fleeing Coward's a neutral, apparently, and there's also some Cultist who probably has to convert everyone (Team Magic in Wildespell et simil.). And Disc Lorde and Aventine still have the same avatar. :smallsigh: But I'm going to go back to my go-to of bladescape for now, as I have NO clue about any of these wagons. Three of them are for the hat, one's for an unknown reason (Zjoot?), and others have little logic. Since day's probably ending soon (I think? maybe?), I'm voting off-wagon and looking through and maybe coming back and changing my vote and RPing.

Can anyone answer my question about whether night posting is okay?

Standardly, yes. Unless banjo says otherwise, I'd guess it's okay. As for role claims, generally that's considered potentially game-breaking, so I would err on the side of caution and say that we can't unless banjo explicitly says otherwise.

Okay. Here's a question I should have asked sooner. Does the game continue once a hairball wins?

Standardly, no. For most games, neutrals can win alongside other teams, and the game only ends when one of Village/Wolf wins. If Wolves have majority and there are neutrals who can still get their win, sometimes the game doesn't end right away, so the neutrals can still get their win (technical end of game is when wolves eliminate town, but generally when they achieve vote majority, they can't lose, so the game's called at that point). But I would be surprised if the game ended at a hairball win. It's not impossible (say, the Cult win), but it's not horribly likely either.

Zweisteine
2014-03-18, 10:09 PM
I imagine that a Hairball winning ends the game. After all, there wouldn't be much of a point to them if their winning let the game go on to someone else's victory...

Also, on the topic of Tom's being a seer:
Isn't there normally a wolf seer as well (the devil)?
And isn't it only the devil who gets specifics when scrying?
Doesn't the seer only get the team of their target?

If the answers to those are what I think they are (all yes), and it isnt different in this game, Tom is a Reinholdt. Of course, the extra roles means different roles, so this isn't even close to concrete evidence.

I can't decide where to put my vote now... How much longer until nightfall? Do I have time to think before I decide to change or not?

EDIT:
If hairballs win alongside another team, I'd guess that Cthulucat wins if the majority of survivors at the end are cultists.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 10:28 PM
I didn't realize we were allowed to PM in this game....

There are no rules against it.

How I've always seen it done is that third-party victories are independent of the village-wolves battle. So in other words, I think so.

Guys, if Tom turns out village, I'll reveal who PMed me. But if we lynch just Murska we learn nothing.

Ramsus
2014-03-18, 10:40 PM
Ok, I'm pulling my vote off Tom, because I don't want to lynch a potential seer this early. And at this point I'm not feeling Murska as a wolf. So... I could go back to Castaras, but that seems to be the same as voting for nobody at all. I understand Disc Lorde not sharing more than he has, but we're going to want to resolve the matter of who is whom soon somehow. (Note that my current vote is a placeholder just so I'm not getting autolynch counters. I would prefer to vote for somebody for a reason, I'm just not quite sure who it should be.)

Helgraf
2014-03-18, 10:50 PM
We should give the hat to the first dead cat.
He was quite phat, and all of that.

But for one poor choice at bat
That got him strung up like a rat

Proven innocent, A 'topian cat
His tenor never wavered or flat

It would look good in gloss or matte
Upon his dome, regally sat.

It is not too late to change that
To honor his loss, give him the hat.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 11:00 PM
Well, great. Now if I get killed tonight you'll never know who messaged me. gl town

mangosta71
2014-03-18, 11:23 PM
If the person that scried Disc Lode got his role wrong, then we have 2 fools (unlikely) or someone is lying (my default assumption). However, if the person that scried Disc Lorde got his role right, we could have found the Fool and the Seer. That's great for Town, but we need to keep his identity hidden from the wolves as long as we can. Or we found the Devil, in which case we should kill it with fire.

To answer Zwei's question, the Town Seer usually gets the identity of their scry target, as does the Devil. The Fool gets a random result. There is not generally a Wolf Fool.

@Tom: The thing you quoted there is just Rein saying that he's not a wolf - not an actual role claim. The only role claims that I see are your Fool claim and FC's neutral claim (everyone else is claiming to be village). The "test" he mentions most likely refers to watching how the votes swing.

Ramsus
2014-03-18, 11:38 PM
I too read Rein's statement as a kind of role claim. A kinda vague one that it might help if he clarified a bit on though.

Reinholdt
2014-03-18, 11:41 PM
Also, on the topic of Tom's being a seer:
Isn't there normally a wolf seer as well (the devil)?
And isn't it only the devil who gets specifics when scrying?
Doesn't the seer only get the team of their target?

Most games, yes.
Most games, no. Usually the village seer gets exact roles as well, though in a game with so many roles you might have a seer and a half-seer (which only gets teams) or something. But it's still not uncommon for seers to get specifics (in fact seers getting teams only is a general exception in this community).

Moving on, Tom is right. I don't know anything about whoever PMed Disc, but I suspect they're screwing with him, since it seems very early on to PM an unconfirmed player with information about your own role, especially when scries aren't involved. Or Disc is screwing with us. That whole story is super suspicious in a dozen different ways.

Oh, the PM was a scry. Not about bonus votes. Durr duh durr.

As I said, I get bonus votes against Reinholdts only (weak point for massive damage). So when I switched to Tom, based on the votes and Banjo's post day 1 it should have been a tie (Ties are awesome in this game). But somehow Helgraf got bonus votes while Tom didn't, or Tom lost votes without getting bonus ones to counteract them. Since I can only know what my role is doing in the vote tallies, I can only take that as good evidence in favor of Tom's innocence. The same way I can presume Cristo Meyers is in the clear because he didn't have two votes on him when Banjo updated and I was the only one voting for him at the time.

Now when Banjo updated today, he said Murska and Lex were tied for votes. But at the time, Lex was actually ahead based purely on player count. Which means either Lex was losing votes somewhere or Murska was gaining votes. Since I know my role, I can only presume the latter is true and Murska was gaining extra votes from me for being Reinholdt. At the very least it is much better evidence for a lynch than anything I've seen so far.

Not to mention a lot of counterarguments here leave a very bad taste in my mouth. But that's a whole different discussion. I am truly convinced that Murska is without a doubt the best option for lynching today. And if he does turn out to be Reinholdt like I suspect we will have gained a ton of information, thanks, ironically, to a hat.

And yes, I did make my claim rather weak. Mostly to see who would protect whom.

Penguinator
2014-03-18, 11:45 PM
I'm confused as to what's going on with Disc Lorde.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 11:46 PM
Scries were involved. They claimed they scried me and gave me my correct role, so they're either a town seer or in league with the devil.

Reinholdt
2014-03-18, 11:47 PM
Yeah, totally misread that. Edited post accordingly.
I'd just say that means we have one seer and one fool and that's entirely to be expected.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-18, 11:49 PM
Okay, let's see if you're right Reinholdt. Murska.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-18, 11:50 PM
@Reinholdt: It's actually more likely that banjo made a mistake with the counting in his updates than anything.
I don't see banjo actually counting any bonus votes in his voting updates since that'd just make certain roles like yours overpowered if you are who you claim to be since you could theoretically condemn or clear multiple people a day depending on how often Banjo updates.

Reinholdt
2014-03-18, 11:53 PM
Yet in day 1, he did specifically include power votes and when asked about it, stated that the vote count was correct. Go check the midday update and do a count if you wish.

I understand what it means, and I don't disagree with you. Best mention it early than let it continue all game, right? :smalltongue:

Actually I'll just post the relevant posts here:

Quick half way point update for the first day:

21/35 Players Voted

Players with more than one point:

Helgraf - 4
Bladescape - 2
LoP - 2
Haruki-kun - 2
Arkhosia - 2
Reinholdt - 2
Zar Peter - 2

I'm sorry but I can only see Mordokais point against me. Is there any other?

*whistles innocently*

The votes are correct, that's all I'm going to say.

On that list, Zar's wasn't the only one off count.

reaverb
2014-03-18, 11:54 PM
I'm not changing my vote because I still think Lex-Kat is the most suspicious player, although not by much.

On the rules debates:

I don't think posting role avatars is allowed because secret roles exist. This means that a player could gain an advantage by creating a new avatar and claiming they have a secret role. Since the logic behind "no role PMs" is that PM text is time consuming to fake, and Images are harder to fake than text, I think it would be banned here too.

I'm 99% sure that a Hairball winning ends the game. There's nothing to contract it in the rules and the general presumption in all games is that one player/team winning implies all others losing, so an exception must be explicitly stated. This is why it's important to discover what Basket of Puppy's win condition is/was.

EDIT:
Also, I think it's important to note that Fleeing Coward could easily be lying scum as usual. I mean, his "role" has the following built in:

1) A reason for the village not the lynch him.

2) A reason that the wolves shouldn't lynch him, so that we don't grow suspicious when he isn't nightkilled.

3) A reason to not expect him to be helpful.

I mean seriously, that's a little too perfect cover for a wolf to hide under.

Hattish Thing
2014-03-18, 11:58 PM
Catter protects Catter. >.> Neutrality tends to leave you with a toppinses while accusations usually lose you your toppinses. Which is painful and just no good at all.

Would not advise. No. Not pleasant hat all. Hehe. Hat all.

Count Dingdong
2014-03-19, 12:06 AM
Public Vote Tally - End of Day, ~5 hours from now.

Murska - 9 (Castaras, Duck999, Reinholdt, aric_kale, Zweisteine, Gnrlshrimp, Tanar Aerdoth, Tom the Mime, Disc Lorde)
Tom the Mime - 7 (Cristo Meyers, bladescape, ThePhantom, Nonayer, Haruki-kun, Zar Peter, Murska)
Lex-Kat - 3 (Mordokai, reaverb, LoP)
Castaras - 2 (Lex-Kat, Sabeki)
Zar Peter - 2 (Arkhosia, Fleeing Coward)
aric_kale - 1 (The Mad Hatter)
Duck999 - 1 (DarkLightDragon)
BasketOfPuppies :smallconfused: - 1 (mangosta71)
Fleeing Coward - 1 (Aventine)
bladescape - 1 (Count Dingdong)
nobody :smallconfused: - 1 (Ramsus)
Disc Lorde - 1 (Penguinator)

No Vote - 2 (C'nor, The Fiery Tower)

Re: banjo vote tallies. If they take into account role-based points, couldn't that essentially make the game unfair by adding GM knowledge to the player base? I know that yesterday when Zar thought he only had 1 vote on him, there was likely a vote from BasketOfPuppies as well that had been missed (and was later crossed out, if you look at his posts). I wasn't ahead at the time, and I'm not sure if votes were missed or behind the scenes or what. I am just concerned for game balance if a narrator's public vote tally takes into account vote-affecting powers, as those are generally revealed only by strange lynch result. For example, in my games, I have a public vote tally that I do (similar to what's above) and a private vote tally that takes into account vote-affecting powers (and my double-voters are generally triple-voters, so they can make quite a difference...).

Again, I say, I have no clue either way and am hesitant to break the tie (let's see if Reinholdt speaks the truth?). Though, if there's a tie, we might even lose two villagers, which makes me hesitant to keep the tie. Does either scream wolf to me? No. Does either scream townie to me? Well, kinda?, they've each got a claim, but their claims tell more about their roles than their alignments... To tell the truth, I'm rather confused and will keep my vote for the time being.

We have about 5 hours left in the day (assuming it ends exactly on time). I have a vote that can break a tie (as do others!). Could someone give me a good reason to pick one over the other? Or, perhaps, to keep my vote where it is and have a tie? I can see reasoning and lack of reasoning for each course of action, and I'd love to hear others' opinions rather than just switching...

...or, due to ninjas, I don't have a vote to break a tie, but I could still make a difference...

On the topic of neutrals winning (again...), it is highly unlikely that a Hairball winning ends the game. Why? Well, some could be relatively easy. If so, since we have no clue what it is and can't protect against it (they have no obligation to tell us), it'd be horribly difficult to counter. The main battle is Kitties vs. Reinholdts, and that WILL be resolved by the end of game. Hairballs very likely have separate win conditions which won't end the game but are reasonable to achieve before Kitties or Reinholdts win (or else it would be biased against them, in a sense).

TFT
2014-03-19, 12:25 AM
Okay, so I'm going to be completely honest here:

I haven't been following this game on a level where I would feel comfortable controlling the fate of two players because of midterms and other obligations (See: the league thread). If my skimming of current knowledge is correct, one vote onto Tom The Mime might lynch both, and unless we somehow caught two wolves in one day, which is highly unlikely, it's not worth risking.

But, seeing as I need to vote, I'm going to add one to Lex-Kat and apologize for not being as active as I should be. As soon as my midterm week ends (Tomorrow night or thursday depending on a group project), I'll try to catch up and be caught up for day 3.

Ramsus
2014-03-19, 12:45 AM
Ok switching to Murska as Rein's logic is pretty much the best I can see that we could possibly get outside of a scry. And now I'm highly suspicious of FC too. And no Murska having said he was suspect doesn't mean anything to me. Both of them are good enough players to put on a show publicly to avoid both of them getting lynched if the the other does.

Tom the Mime
2014-03-19, 01:03 AM
A fair few people seem to be misinterpreting or misunderstanding my claim. In power-role heavy games you tend to get at least an alignment seer (who tell if you're good or evil) and a role seer (who can tell what ability someone has but not the alignment) and sometimes fools for both. I am a role seer and as I don't get the role name (just the action), I don't get whether they are a wolf or not directly. I can try to infer alignment based on their action and if it lines up with claims but that's it (can get more interesting end game). And that's assuming I'm not a fool (I've contacted Banjo to see how scry interference works in this game to try and narrow things down).

@Disc Lorde: Did they give you an accurate description of your action or of both your role name and action? If it was of your role name specifically, I'd be a bit more suspicious of them given most of the role heavy games I see haven't had a town seer getting both alignment and role.

@Ramsus: After Parallel in particular, I think I'm always suspicious of FC on general principles. Guess who I tried to scry last night before being redirected :)

Penguinator
2014-03-19, 01:05 AM
most of the role heavy games I see haven't had a town seer getting both alignment and role.

Medieval does. Always gotten lynched thus far, though.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-19, 01:09 AM
@Ramsus: After Parallel in particular, I think I'm always suspicious of FC on general principles. Guess who I tried to scry last night before being redirected :)

Guess I need to work on my game abit harder then. I had figured everyone had me down as always suspicious since 2 or 3 years ago :smallbiggrin:

@Ramsus: The fact I didn't realise Banjo's vote counts included stuff like extra votes shows how much attention I have been paying to this game. I wouldn't be pointing out to something that's easily disproven if I was actually a wolf.

Of course, I blame it on my boringly simple win con for why I don't exactly need to pay much attention to this game in the first place even if there was a curveball thrown into my role :smalltongue:

Count Dingdong
2014-03-19, 01:27 AM
most of the role heavy games I see haven't had a town seer getting both alignment and role.

Medieval does. Always gotten lynched thus far, though.

Same with Careless. There's generally a fool to balance out seers, but there are full seers (alignment and role) as well as alignment seers and role seers. And a bunch of other interesting roles. I even have a few new ones planned for Careless Investigation! :smallbiggrin: /shameless advertising :P

banjo1985
2014-03-19, 02:32 AM
To answer some in-thread questions:

You can post at night. You can Pm anyone you want at any point.

Role claiming is fine, but not with an image.

Scry interference results in no result for either scrier.

I will neither explain or change the halfway updates. I am capable of miscounting, indeed I am now only posting vote leaders to avoid this. This game is chaotic, both to play and to run, so mistakes and confusion will occur.

I am pretty astounded that I've managed to create something harder to run than Advent Children, and here I was trying to make a return to narration with an easy game.:smallsigh:

The day will end in 4-5 hours.

banjo1985
2014-03-19, 06:15 AM
Day 2 over, update to follow.

banjo1985
2014-03-19, 06:22 AM
Day 2

The appearance of the magnificent, if slightly disturbing hat, has all the kitties of Catopia in something of a tizzy. Not surprising, really, if there’s one thing a kitty wants, more than anything else in the world, it’s something another kitty already has!

Murska is the first to spot the handsome headwear. He strolls nonchalantly over to it, ignoring the pools of blood and wayward bullets, and curls himself around the base.

“Dibs.”

Cassie cat is the next to arrive, and she’s not happy. She bristles, hackles raised, and hisses at the hat-claiming Murska.

“Hey, I wanted the hat. I’m all tiny and adorable and stuff. I’d make a perfect Cat in a Hat!”
“I agree. But I called dibs, and the sacred law of dibs means this hat is mine. All mine! Bwahahaha!”
“Meanie.”
“Naturally. Why else would I want a hat made from the remains of puppies and lions?”
“Fair point…why did I want the hat again?”
“Because you’d look unbearably adorable in it?”
“Ah yes. I need that hat!”

Other kitties begin to home in on the magnificent puppy and lion fur hat, padding around it and sniffing at both it and Murska suspiciously. Occasionally a kitty will test the water, batting at Murska kitty and hissing at him to try and make him run away.

“Hiss all you want. You can’t argue with the law of dibs.”
“You can’t argue with the scratching post gallows either!”

The assembled kitties nod to each other in unspoken agreement, putting aside their differences in the name of headwear. They fan out and surround Murska kitty, unsheathe their claws, and begin to close in.

Murska gulps, only to smile when he see’s something out of the corner of his eye. A few of the other kitties see it too, and turn to look.

“What’s that up in the sky?”
“Is it a bird?”
“Is it a plane?”
“Is it an aardvark?”
“Shut up, cousin.”
“No, it’s Super Kitty!”

Super Kitty flies through the air with the greatest of ease, and swoops down to pick up Murska and his magnificent hat from the throng of attack kitties surrounding him.

“Looks like you need a little help Lois, I mean Murska!”
“Oh Super Kitty, my hero!”

The kitties of Catopia shake their paws and hiss in anger, but there’s nothing they can do. Murska kitty has escaped a lynch, and even worse, he’s escaped with the magnificent hat!

Summary

Murska was set to be lynched, but he was saved by Super Kitty!

Murska was also the chosen recipient of the magnificent hat.

Night 2 begins now and ends in 48 hours. I reserve the right to end the night earlier, if I receive all actions quickly.

mangosta71
2014-03-19, 08:19 AM
Speaking of Advent Children, this would not be the first banjo game to continue after the neutral faction has achieved its win condition.

Reinholdt
2014-03-19, 08:32 AM
Curses, foiled again?

I'd have preferred to have been out and out wrong than to have been left in the dark. :smallsigh:

Ah well. I'm breaking the game for someone, even if that person's the narrator. :smalltongue:

Murska
2014-03-19, 10:57 AM
Good morn- oh, I lived?

Yeah, I'm not a Reinholdt. Also, thinking that the narrator would reveal role-based extra votes or the like in role counts is ridiculous. That's never done. I assume it's a miscount, like Banjo said.

Also also, neutrals winning does not end the game. They have their own, private win conditions and if they win, they might leave the game or they might stay on to try and survive to the end, but the game only ends when wolves or villagers win.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-19, 11:44 AM
@Tom the Mime: They gave me an accurate description of only my action. They said that they did not get the role name or icon of those they scried. Same as you.

@banjo: Do our night actions take effect during a night that we're killed?

LoP
2014-03-19, 05:15 PM
So, who is this mysterious Super Kitty (who I'm sure is remarkably handsome)? Why would s/he save Murska?

One scenario, Murska IS Super Kitty, and among his powers is lynch or kill protection which he used on himself. Which would mean Tom is a role scry fool, which is supported if what Disc says is true (about being contacted by another role seer who got it right).

Another scenario, Murska and Super Kitty are ALSO Masons, in that they know each other to be Town.

Yet another scenario, Murska and Super Kitty are Reinholdts. Which is aesthetically unpleasing, because why would Super Kitty be evil? Superhero tropes aside, it IS a possibility

Duck999
2014-03-19, 05:22 PM
Super kitty is probably a day baner, and possibly Murska. Currently, there is no reason to daybane anyone because we don't know who will be killed.

Murska
2014-03-19, 06:30 PM
The wolves are practically never given a daybaner, because that leads to frustration and is extremely powerful.

Duck999
2014-03-19, 06:54 PM
I meant a catopian day baner. If Murska is the day baner, Murska is also probably catopian,

Disc Lorde
2014-03-19, 06:59 PM
Murska's not Super Kitty.

Given the similarity in the role claimed in pm to me by Murska (double-voter and tie breaker) and the role openly claimed by Reinholdt, I think it's likely that one of them is a Reinholdt but I'm not 100% sure.

I suppose it's possible that Super Kitty is a Reinholdt, but I doubt it. (If that were the case, the day-baning would have to be severely limited to be fair.) Assuming Super Kitty is a Catopian, either he knows Murska to be Catopian or was just guessing.

I find Tom's scrying to be more interesting. Either he has the fool role, and/or some other role messed with his scry, and/or one or both of them are filthy Reinholdts. Tom, what role did you scry Murska as having?

Ramsus
2014-03-19, 07:01 PM
What evidence do you have that Murska isn't Super Kitty?

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-19, 08:56 PM
He claimed to have a double vote and tie breaking power for one and been able to protect himself seems to invalidate the need for a double vote. Looking at the role list Super Kitty is more likely to be one of the secret neutral roles that isn't shown.

Helgraf
2014-03-19, 10:23 PM
*hovers in the air around Murska, occasionally batting him with an ectoplasmic paw* Hat

Must have the pretty hat, yes ....
Rencat must have the ... hat
yes yes, it sings to us of dirigibles and solar flares

Give us the hat, my love...

Disc Lorde
2014-03-19, 11:35 PM
What evidence do you have that Murska isn't Super Kitty?

Tom said that he said that his role was double voter/tie breaker.

Murska
2014-03-20, 12:01 AM
Sorry for the ongoing confusion, I had to talk things over. No, I am not Super Kitty. Super Kitty contacted me. They wish to say that they are under threat by a nefarious person who can kill them with their weakness, Yellow colour, and that Tanar Aerdoth appears to be that nefarious person because he has voted for people using Yellow several times yesterday.

I'm going to be voting for Tanar because of my life-debt, while I don't exactly know where these two fall on the Wolf-Town scale, dayvoter seems to me to be a very strongly Town role, and fluff-wise Super Kitty is a hero, therefore their enemy is probably a villain.

Tris
2014-03-20, 01:53 AM
So, that explains my weird role. Basically, every time I vote I also have to vote someone with yellow, and that's the vote that actually counts. It seems my vote is also deadly to Super Kitty. I was unaware of this.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-20, 02:12 AM
Does Super Kitty claim to know what alignment the yellow voter is? Catopian, Reinholdt, or Hairball?

This is getting weird.

Hattish Thing
2014-03-20, 02:24 AM
How strange... It's a brick! It's a fly! Oooh it's a flighty-cattin! How does he not fall? Is falling painful for him? Or perhaps he's in a constant state of falling but just can't seem to land. Or is that the other way around. Constantly landing but no Fall? Except it's Spring. Spring's my favorite season, wouldn't you agree?

Oh. There's no one there.

But oh my. There goes a toppinses... What a strange hat. Not very well made at all! Where's the wabbajacks? The Svalvadoms! The cross stitching looks cervelous!

banjo1985
2014-03-20, 04:13 AM
Speaking of Advent Children, this would not be the first banjo game to continue after the neutral faction has achieved its win condition.

This is true. All neutral kitties have their own specific win conditions that only they are aware of. These may or may not result in the game ending, you'll have to wait and see. :smalltongue:

@banjo: Do our night actions take effect during a night that we're killed?

They do, and in this game I'll be taking the trouble to supply folks who are going to be night-killed with the results of their actions, as it's not 100% certain that they will remain dead.

This is getting weird.

Good. :smallbiggrin:

Duck999
2014-03-20, 05:53 AM
This is true. All neutral kitties have their own specific win conditions that only they are aware of. These may or may not result in the game ending, you'll have to wait and see. :smalltongue:

And this is why we should kill hairballs. Just in case it does end the game.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-20, 06:14 AM

And I don't see any sane villager saying that. The only neutral that looks like they might end the game prematurely is the Catulhu hairball.
Lynching Hairballs that are not the cultist is like lynching a villager since you're giving the wolves an extra free kill.

Duck999
2014-03-20, 06:21 AM
We don't know what your win condition is, and we don't know know if it ends the game prematurely. Therefore, it could be bad to lynch you, giving wolves a free kill, but it could be good, if you end the game when you win.

Lex-Kat
2014-03-20, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the ongoing confusion, I had to talk things over. No, I am not Super Kitty. Super Kitty contacted me. They wish to say that they are under threat by a nefarious person who can kill them with their weakness, Yellow colour, and that Tanar Aerdoth appears to be that nefarious person because he has voted for people using Yellow several times yesterday.

I'm going to be voting for Tanar because of my life-debt, while I don't exactly know where these two fall on the Wolf-Town scale, dayvoter seems to me to be a very strongly Town role, and fluff-wise Super Kitty is a hero, therefore their enemy is probably a villain.
You mean daybaner, right? But yeah, Day Baner is almost definitely a town role. As Murska said earlier, a wolf Day Baner is too powerful without severe limitations.

Does Super Kitty claim to know what alignment the yellow voter is? Catopian, Reinholdt, or Hairball?

This is getting weird.
If we presume that Super Kitty, obviously a Day Baner of some sort, is either a Hairball or a Catopian, then we can also assume that his nemesis is either a Hairball or a Reinholdt.

What I find interesting is this:

They do, and in this game I'll be taking the trouble to supply folks who are going to be night-killed with the results of their actions, as it's not 100% certain that they will remain dead.
:eek:

Disc Lorde
2014-03-20, 12:30 PM
Given that Advent Children, and all the other WW games I've seen on these forums with third party roles, did not end when the third parties achieved their goals, I'm going to guess that most Hairball roles in this game are like that.

Haha Lex, that's kind of been hinted at from the start.

Important Note: When you are killed, please do not discuss the game until you are sure you are dead. The reasons for this are likely to become obvious pretty quickly, but just be sure to only discuss the game whilst you are alive with living players.

Forum shutdown is likely going to occur before the end of the next day phase. Not sure how Banjo wants to handle that.

Tris
2014-03-20, 01:06 PM
If we presume that Super Kitty, obviously a Day Baner of some sort, is either a Hairball or a Catopian, then we can also assume that his nemesis is either a Hairball or a Reinholdt.

Well, I am a Catopian. I was not told anything about Super Kitty in my role PM. If I am his nemesis, it is unknowingly.

Aventine
2014-03-20, 03:54 PM
We don't know what your win condition is, and we don't know know if it ends the game prematurely. Therefore, it could be bad to lynch you, giving wolves a free kill, but it could be good, if you end the game when you win.

A hairball winning might end the game and thus make town lose. Wolves winning definitely ends the game and makes town lose. And it's not that it could be bad to give wolves a free kill, it IS bad. Knowingly lynching a hairball, without a lot of confidence that he/she is going to end the game before the Catopians can win, helps the Reinholdts. It has a chance to help Catopians, but for sure helps the Reinholdts.

So going after hairballs without good reason to suspect they are going to end the game helps the Reinholdts more than the Catopians.

Ramsus
2014-03-20, 04:35 PM
I completely agree with Aventine, however as far as I know we only have FC's word he's neutral. Which, knowing FC, means he's more likely not. I swear, the guy sometimes seems to lie just because he can. :smallamused:

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-20, 05:16 PM
It's because everyone is ready to believe the worst in me that make my role so hard to play this game :smalltongue:
Give my role to almost anyone else in this and noone would even think twice about it if they had made my claims.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-20, 06:10 PM
Okay FC, since you've shared this much, mind sharing your win condition? Having it achieved and an announcement be made would put us all at ease about you.

reaverb
2014-03-20, 11:21 PM
It's because everyone is ready to believe the worst in me that make my role so hard to play this game :smalltongue:
Give my role to almost anyone else in this and noone would even think twice about it if they had made my claims.Well, one reason I'm suspicious is that I think you would have foreseen being doubted, so there's no real point in revealing your role even if it's true. Therefore, this can only be a wolf ploy, similar to Lemon's play in the Endgame of Fears 4.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-21, 12:48 AM
Well, one reason I'm suspicious is that I think you would have foreseen being doubted, so there's no real point in revealing your role even if it's true. Therefore, this can only be a wolf ploy, similar to Lemon's play in the Endgame of Fears 4.

There was every reason to reveal my role actually. I just need to survive to win and my best chance of survival is been upfront about my role since I don't expect either side would be willing to waste 2 phases to kill someone who isn't any threat to their side.

Helgraf
2014-03-21, 01:10 AM
*Renkitty begins looking for the ghosts of other Catatopians to help him in his quest to achieve the famed hat currently in the possession of one Murska.*

banjo1985
2014-03-21, 03:51 AM
Night over, update to come in a little while.

I'll also outline what I plan to do regarding the board shutdown.

banjo1985
2014-03-21, 06:56 AM
Night 2

“If a Reinholdt is definitely not a Reinholdt, but looks and sounds like a Reinholdt, can he be said to in fact be a Reinholdt? Or not?” mused Reinholdt, as he strolled along the gas-lit streets of Catopia, tugging on his big bushy moustache.

“To be a Reinholdt, or not to be a Reinholdt, that is the question.”

“Did someone say question?”

A big television screen on the corner of the street flickers to life, revealing a grey haired kitty in a tuxedo and bowtie, and a smile almost the size of his face. A slightly bloody fur hat is perched rakishly askance on his head. The pavement in front of the screen falls away as a large wheel erupts out of the ground, covered in garishly coloured lights and different coloured segments with cryptic writing on them.

“Welcome to the Riddle Wheel!” smarms the kitty on the screen. “What’s your name contestant?”

Reinholdt looks up at the gameshow kitty, who looks remarkably similar to himself, and raises an eyebrow.

“Who, me?”
“Yes you, my furry little friend. What’s you name?”
“Not Reinholdt.”
“Are you sure it’s not Reinholdt?”
“Definitely not Reinholdt.”

The kitty on the screen grins, showing a perfectly pearly set of teeth and presses a big red button on the stand in front of him. The multi-coloured wheel starts to spin, playing an off-key circus tune as it does so.

“Okay Definitely, your first and only question is coming up. Get it right and you get my super-secret special prize!”
“What if I get it wrong?”
“Well, you’re not going to win anything with that attitude. Be positive!”

The wheel stops with a bright blue section at the apex, and the gameshow host reads off his card.

“Ah, blue. That’s a videogame riddle.”
“Oh good, I like videogames.”
“Ever played Batman?”
“…Bugger.”
“Riddle me this. What lies on the ground, and is full of holes?”

Definitely not Reinholdt starts to sweat, and the spotlights around the wheel seem to focus right on him. He mops his forehead through his ridiculous bushy eyebrows and tries to think.

“Ummm, is it a Basket of Puppies?”

A loud bang echoes along the alleyway behind him, and Definitely not Reinholdt feels a sudden sharp pain in his chest. He looks down to see a red rose of blood blooming on his furry front, and slumps to the floor.

Gameshow Rein strolls out of the darkness behind him, smoking pistol still in his hand.

“I’m sorry, Definitely, but that was the wrong answer. The correct answer was-”
“Gameshow Rein!”

Another hail of bullets cuts through the night, sheering the still-grinning gameshow host almost in two, whilst miraculously missing the hat. Don Custard pads out of the darkness, and takes the magnificent hat from the fallen kitty.

“If there’s anyone who’s going to be the cat in the hat around here, it’s me!”

When the sun rises over Catopia the next morning, all that remains of the previous night’s commotion is the big, brightly coloured gameshow wheel. The Catopians pad around it in circles nervously, occasionally batting at the flashing light bulbs, until a large truck rumbles into the city. The driver, a kitty in a baseball cap and a body warmer, hangs out of the window and spits on the pavement.

“Got a delivery for a Mr I. C. Weiner?”
“Seriously?”
“You fell for that?”
“Crud. It’s obvious now that you mention it. Well, someone better sign for this stuff.”
“What is it?”
“...Three super-size sacks of catnip.”

As you can well imagine, complete chaos ensues!

Summary

Reinholdt was killed by the Reinholdts. He was Definitely Not Reinholdt, a Catopian.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/groucho2_zps911cb0ab.png

Murska was killed by Don Custard. He was Gameshow Rein, a Reinholdt!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/catfightrein_zps2e93baf3.png

That is far too much Reinholdt for any one summary to handle. :smalleek:

The magnificent hat has now been passed on to Don Custard.

A catnip delivery van has pulled into Catopia. There are three sacks of catnip up for grabs, which I will give out at the end of the day phase to the three kitties that make the best case for it in thread, or manage to make me laugh. Dead kitties are welcome to participate and will receive ghost-touched catnip if they win.

Day 3 begins now and will end at least 48 hours after the forum becomes active again.

Autolycnhes will not come in to play this day phase, as with the forum outage, I don’t think that would be fair. I will however note players who didn’t vote on Day 2 for analysis purposes:

C’nor

Murska
2014-03-21, 07:01 AM
Aw. Well, I suppose that is one way to handle things. Good luck, everyone.

Reinholdt
2014-03-21, 07:33 AM
*breathes in deep*
Ah, the sweet, sweet smell of vindication. Thank you Don Custard. :smallbiggrin:
... I think. Which team am I supposed to be rooting for in this one? :smallconfused:

Oh wait. I can't breathe anymore.
Dang.

Duck999
2014-03-21, 08:00 AM
So we were right about Murska?

Tom the Mime
2014-03-21, 08:06 AM
Well the catatar Murska ended up having doesn't seem to fit with the action I scried him as having and unless Definitely Not Reinholdt has different actions at different times (or he was misleading about his powers which doesn't seem that likely given his death confirmed him as town), it would appear that I'm the fool.

Scried Reinholdt as a being able to sit on a kitty the prevent their vote from counting in the next day phase. So it's similar in that it's vote affecting so I'll keep on scrying just in case and to see if I can confirm it but...

So this little kitty, suddenly free from the responsibility of a working scry, is going hit the catnip hard. Who knows - he might be able to use the drunken monkey cat style of scrying.

Edit: I wonder if Don Custard killed Murska because they had suspicions or because they wanted the hat.:smalltongue:

Helgraf
2014-03-21, 08:53 AM
Renkitty pauses. On the one hand, the quest for the hat.

On the other hand, ectoplasmic catnip.

He squirms in his straightjacket, rolling around on the road, completely oblivious to the traffic that occasionally passes right through him.

"Renkitty died for Catotopia; noble sacrifice of butterflies and caterpillars!

Pretty pretty caterpillars ... the nigth duck and the darklit kitten; they too tossed stones at the Renkitty.

Hard, horrible stones, yes, yes.

We remember. We ... cannot forget. No. No no no.

But perhaps ... perhaps a touch of the 'nip would make the agony go away."

He turns upside down and bounces down the street on the wrecked ruin of his head.

"Not right ... help fight ... help us .... help us help you? Help you, yesssss ... yesss, even now.

We seek the Catnip, we does - we does.

Renkitty drools a little bit; it wobbles and falls against his straightjacket.

Also the hat .... but must must must get the catnip the custard the creme filled mustard!

Mmmm. Mussstard.

Muster your forces for custardly voices. So sings sad Renkitty. Pretty pretty kitties all.

banjo1985
2014-03-21, 08:59 AM
I wonder if Don Custard killed Murska because they had suspicions or because they wanted the hat.:smalltongue:

On that note, your mayor has an announcement for you all:

Ladies and Gentlemen of Catopia

I, DON CUSTARD, keep this town free of trouble, and these interloper REINHOLDT are going to be made short work of, as seen by the death of MURSKA. We will defeat these evil cats and will make CATOPIA a happy place to live once again.

However, for DON CUSTARD to prevail, I have a very important task for you all. Yes, YOU! YOU have the power to help the great and mighty DON CUSTARD in his quest to free this town of REINHOLDT.

The task?

GIVE ME YOUR HATS.

Yes. Your hats are required. More hats for Don Custard. Hats are good. I like hats. Hats...

And as for you REINHOLDTs. If you give me your hats I may be merciful and lock you up for 200 years instead of shooting you outright.

HATS.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/cats-in-the-hats-15-amazing-pictures-9_zps55dfe88e.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/4852ea23-03f7-41b8-aed2-874918fa41d6_zps9c9cea43.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat-in-a-Hat_zps75b0dd93.jpg

Hats.

mangosta71
2014-03-21, 09:00 AM
Out of town atm, so no pirate kitty RP. Bit I did want to get a vote on Duck999 for both trying to protect a known Reinholdt and encouraging us to kill neutrals.

Helgraf
2014-03-21, 09:32 AM
On that note, your mayor has an announcement for you all:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/cats-in-the-hats-15-amazing-pictures-9_zps55dfe88e.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/4852ea23-03f7-41b8-aed2-874918fa41d6_zps9c9cea43.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat-in-a-Hat_zps75b0dd93.jpg

Hats.

Should we PM these hats, or just post in thread?

Cats in hats...

http://www.bowhouselifestyle.com/images/_lib/cat-wearing-fisherman-hat-2987-0-1280419112000.jpghttp://sweetieandjoy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Kitty-newsboy-cap.jpghttp://www.desktop-backgrounds.org/thumbs/2012/11/02/cute-cat-wearing-a-hat-wallpaper.jpghttp://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2011/08/CAT-IN-THE-HAT-FOR-REAL-THOUGH-1312927528.jpg

Murska
2014-03-21, 09:51 AM
Gameshow Rein, after quickly stitching himself back together, promptly decides to leave politics to others and focus on his one true passion.

"Heeeeello everyone! Today, we have three big prizes for three lucky winners, in the shape and form of large sacks of catnip!"

Spinning around in the glittering suit, and flashing a winning smile to the crowd, Murska hoists the sacks in the air. Then he tosses them in the hands of a cloaked, hooded assistant who whisks them backstage.

"Of course, the only proper way to give out such grand prizes is hosting a proper contest! It so appears that the first contestant is another dead kitty like myself, our very own Helgraf the Renkitty!"

Murska ushers the ghostly cat on a hastily erected, but properly colourful and cheery stage. At the back of the stage, there is a wall with three doors painted in the same blue paint, except for one where the paint only covers half of it. Above the doors, there are signs with numbers one, two and three on them.

"So, Ren dear, before you there are three doors, identical in appearance. Well, at least insofar as I could get them identical given limited amount of time and an inadequate supply of paint. However, behind one of these doors lies a sack of catnip, to be yours if you choose correctly.

Behind the others? A cold bath. Also to be yours, if you decide to pick one of these. The catch? After you choose a door, I will give you an opportunity to change your decision... after I show you one door that definitely does not have the catnip behind it.

So, door one, door two or door three. Which shall you choose? Think carefully."

Murska hops off the stage behind Renkitty, turning to one of the cameras for a close-up look and grins while leaning closer conspiratorially, whispering:

"As for the rest of you in our lovely audience, I'm sure you would like a shot at the grand prize too. Well, first-come first-serve, Renkitty is our first contestant... but if you want to have a shot at your own turn, you are free to sabotage his attempt by any means you find necessary, in true Catopian fashion."

"Let the games begin!"

DarkLightDragon
2014-03-21, 10:22 AM
Mrow... Don Custard has done an excellent job, but does that hat go nicely with their coat? I shall bring them the best of my collection, just to be on the safe side.

DarkLightKitten trots off to fetch her finest haberdashery:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/Frebedor/MadBLUMidget/NYEjourneybonus_zps188aef3f.jpg
A proper top hat, O magnificent Don, adorned with feathers and a shiny thing! I trust this gift is satisfactory?

Just then, a truly wonderful scent hits her sensitive little nose.

Is that catnip? I simply have to have it!

DLK isn't at all pleased to see the late Gameshow Rein is the one advertising this otherwise tempting offer. She huffs, ignores the smell and saunters on over to Fleeing Coward.

You help him set this up, didn't you, you nasty little Reinholdt, with your ugly pelt! she cries, I knew there was something fishy about you!

((TLDR: I'm an scrier of sorts. I get results in the form of pictures, and FC is definitely one bad kitty. Also, that hat is one I own in real life. :smalltongue:))

Disc Lorde
2014-03-21, 11:12 AM
Fleeing Coward for seer test. Wish DLD had waited to reveal that though. We learn nothing from days like this.

reaverb
2014-03-21, 11:27 AM
Fleeing Coward for seer test.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-21, 11:32 AM
By the way DLD, by "one bad kitty" you mean a Reinholdt right?

Lex-Kat
2014-03-21, 11:40 AM
Well obviously. Reinholdts are all Bad Kitties and Cylons. The rest of us are Good Kitties and Catmuffins. Fleeing Coward, you must die, in the name of the Seer Test.

Ramsus
2014-03-21, 12:33 PM
Fleeing Coward it is then, and yeah, I agree with Disc Lorde.

Arkhosia
2014-03-21, 01:00 PM
Well obviously. Reinholdts are all Bad Kitties and Cylons. The rest of us are Good Kitties and Catmuffins. Fleeing Coward, you must die, in the name of the Seer Test.

Fleeing Coward's treacherous legs will not carry him any farther!

Aric Kale
2014-03-21, 02:47 PM
For a supposed veteran of many wars, Aric seems to like hiding in boxes during the night shifts, listening to the death and no longer taking part in the dealing of it. War is hell. Fleeing Coward is being hunted down by the town...he mutters, but Duck999 has aroused my suspicions as well. Anyways, the coward will die anyways, so there's nothing for it.

Nonayer
2014-03-21, 03:16 PM
All the cats seemed to be shouting for a "Fleeing Coward". Apparently someone had seen him doing something bad or some such nonsense. Well who was he to doubt the mob mentality?

"Who is this Fleeing Coward anyway?? Let him burn! One less to steal the catnip!"

Penguinator
2014-03-21, 03:37 PM
Should have known Fleeing Coward wouldn't tell the truth. :smalltongue:

Duck999
2014-03-21, 03:43 PM
Out of town atm, so no pirate kitty RP. Bit I did want to get a vote on Duck999 for both trying to protect a known Reinholdt and encouraging us to kill neutrals.

Okay. A couple things. One-who was the known reinholdt? 2-We have no way to know if nuetrals end the game or not, and if they do end the game when they win, we don't want them to win.
Aric... Where'd did your suspicion come from?
Fleeing coward for seer testing.

LoP
2014-03-21, 03:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/c7LY12k.jpg
"Whats this meow? An unlicensed Reinholdt, driving willy nilly in MAH city, claiming his catcar was in NEUTRAL the entire time when it was actually in Reinholdt gear?! Unacceptable and unlawful! Sending out an APB on this Fleeing Coward feller, expect him to flee like a coward!"

(I just found my Catopian RP character, Constable Kitty! I MAY be under the influence of human catnip right now and watching Super Troopers. MAY be. Maybe. But you wanted hats, and I want more catnip!)

Aric Kale
2014-03-21, 04:06 PM
Okay. A couple things. One-who was the known reinholdt? 2-We have no way to know if nuetrals end the game or not, and if they do end the game when they win, we don't want them to win.
Aric... Where'd did your suspicion come from?
Fleeing coward for seer testing.

Probably Murska or Definitely not Reinholdt.
We had several experienced players and Banjo himself tell us Neutrals won't end the game.
Regardless, DLD appears out of nowhere claiming he's some sort of seer, which I don't know if we can trust. If he's right, you have my apologies, but if he isn't night killed soon for being a threat, I will have doubts...

Penguinator
2014-03-21, 04:10 PM
Regardless, DLD appears out of nowhere claiming she's some sort of seer, which I don't know if we can trust. If he's right, you have my apologies, but if she isn't night killed soon for being a threat, I will have doubts...

Subtle change, but it matters.

Aric Kale
2014-03-21, 04:23 PM
Subtle change, but it matters.

Oops, sorry :smalleek::smallredface:

Zar Peter
2014-03-21, 04:53 PM
What's with all the young ones and their hats? Is there something I missed? We never used to wear hats in the old days. No, we had FUR! Well, some of us still have fur so why hats? I don't get it. Some kind of fashion or what? Oh miouw, Catopia is'nt the same as it was.

And now this young kitty is telling everyone that nice mister Fleeing Coward is a Reinholdt. Can you believe it? I know this guy for longer than most of the people around here and suddenly they say he's a mob? Kids today...

Sabeki
2014-03-21, 05:21 PM
Well, it looks like not voting for Fleeing Coward is pretty much useless. So, DEATH TO FLEEING COWARD!!!

Duck999
2014-03-21, 05:28 PM
Aric: I didn't realize at any point that anyone was confirmed reinholdt. I believe I voted for lynching Murska, though I can't find my vote on that day-to much to read and I have been busy with family matters. The part about banjo saying neutrals won't end the game I missed. I remember seeing him say that they probably won't, but might, but never a definate no they will not.

Tom the Mime
2014-03-21, 05:41 PM
Well it appears the claws are out and we're preparing to pounce on Fleeing Coward.

@Aric Kale - It may not have been the best timed claim (both how early in the day phase and the game) but the best way to start testing these claims is by doing exactly what we're doing now. And given FC is claiming neutral and was saying he'd "not favour either side" means town isn't really losing out much at all, even if he's telling the truth. Sometimes that sort of claim is genuine but it's an easy cover for a wolf.

@FC - Day 3 really doesn't like you, does it? Admittedly most of the times you've been lynched day 3 recently you've actually been a wolf but still.

LoP
2014-03-21, 05:45 PM
((Well, thinking about it now, DLD says she gets pictures as results, so its up to her interpretation to determine whether a picture is Catopian or Reinholdt. Assuming the pictures are avatars, check out some of the neutral pics - some look downright evil. Hell, some of the Catopian avvies look evil, and some of the Reinholdt avvies look adorably fluffy. So there is a possibility that FC is what he claims, a hairball, just one that looks evil.... or he's FC lying again... i need more catnip, i'm so confused.

And seriously this game is SO weird right now you guys what the hack.

So DLD, can you be sure that the pics you got really really incriminate FC? Cuz we might waste a lynch, especially if FC is telling the truth about it taking two phases to off him))

Duck999
2014-03-21, 05:48 PM
Well the pics are sorted by team in the OP. Though there are some roles that don't appear there I think. EX: basketofpuppies

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-21, 05:50 PM
That's the curveball I was talking about yesterday. Wolves scry me as village and village scry me as wolf. Can't blame you guys for wanting to lynch me. Banjo can claim that he RNG'd the roles all he wants but I knew I was set up to fail from the start with this role.
The wolves of course know that I'm telling the truth here so I guess enjoy the two free night kills guys.

Duck999
2014-03-21, 05:51 PM
If you hadn't claimed neutral, you might not have been scried, and then you wouldn't be set up to fail.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-21, 05:59 PM
If I didn't claim my role, I'd still have been scried anyways. I pretty much lost this game the moment Banjo gave me this role.

LoP
2014-03-21, 06:00 PM
You lost this game the moment you were FC.... :smalltongue:

Duck999
2014-03-21, 06:01 PM
If I didn't claim my role, I'd still have been scried anyways. I pretty much lost this game the moment Banjo gave me this role.

That gives you the same chance as being a reinholdt. If a reinholdt is scried they are killed. What makes your role so much worse than a reinholdts? You have no extra chance of failure, except that you shared your role.
Anyway, you have a chance of comig back, or so it seems banjo has hinted at it.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-21, 06:08 PM
Oh hey, Murska being a Reinholdt sheds some new light on the whole Super Kitty thing.

Super Kitty, since Murska presumably told the other Reinholdts about you, you may as well reveal yourself if you're a Catopian. I'm sure you can count on Tanar to play nice, as killing a Catopian without reason to believe they're a Reinholdt seems suspicious.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-21, 06:09 PM
My win con is to survive. Wolves still win if their team wins. That's the difference.
If anyone else got this role, the extra life might have mattered since they have more time to convince the others. I'm not going to bother though since I know no one's going to believe me because I'm me so no point wasting my time.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-21, 06:17 PM
@FC: Dude, you were scried as a wolf. Anyone would be screwed in this position, it's got nothing to do with your reputation. Well, not for me at least.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-21, 08:04 PM
It's my reputation that got me scried and I already said why I scried as wolf.
Just get it over with so Don Custard can kill me tonight to save town having to waste 2 lynches.
I don't care if Banjo claims it was RNG - Basket as Basket, Reinholdt as Not Reinholdt and Murska as wolf. Anyone can see that this game was clearly set up for comedic value over balance so it makes perfect sense for me to be killed one of the few times I've been completely honest about my role :smalltongue:

Tom the Mime
2014-03-21, 08:19 PM
Basket being Basket did make me wonder initially, especially with the proximity of April Fools Day. The two most recent deaths just add to it.

Zweisteine
2014-03-21, 10:10 PM
The fluffy cat awakens after another long night.
Don Custard will take care of us... We're safe...

Dear lord! What if Don Custard is a Reinoldt trying to lure us into a false sense of security?

Duck999
2014-03-21, 10:16 PM
A cat walks up, his form dissolving a little, as if he split in three. He returns to normal, saying
That would be horrible!

Aric Kale
2014-03-21, 11:34 PM
Honestly, I could see FC being helpful if he is neutral, since he has no reason to hurt the wolves. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, I had just decided that I didn't want to just jump on every bandwagon...

reaverb
2014-03-22, 12:58 AM
I don't care if Banjo claims it was RNG - Basket as Basket, Reinholdt as Not Reinholdt and Murska as wolf.Banjo hasn't described the roles as random anywhere.

Since Helgraf was the pirate kitty, we know that some of the roles where actually randomly assigned.

That's the curveball I was talking about yesterday. Wolves scry me as village and village scry me as wolf. Can't blame you guys for wanting to lynch me.

I have no idea how this interacts with the weird seers in this game. If it turns out we're wrong about Fleeing Coward, this is might be a hint.

Haruki-kun
2014-03-22, 01:13 AM
I'm voting for Duck. Sorry, everyone, I have not been around this week because I've been traveling, and I don't want to be auto'd. <.<

EDIT: And if I have time I'll post an actual vote, but right now I'm stuck in an airport...

mangosta71
2014-03-31, 08:26 AM
As others have hypothesized, yes, I was referring to your defense of Murska. We did not know that he was a Reinholdt at the time of your defense, but now that we do it's very suspicious in hindsight.

As for the neutrals, it's possible (but unlikely) that one of them has a game-winning end condition. However, since there's no way to know, it's still better for the Catopians to kill Reinholdts, because the game definitely ends in a win when we take all of them out. And there's the fact that using our lynches to kill neutrals only serves to give more time to the Reinholdts to whittle away at the Catopians.

Castaras
2014-03-31, 09:04 AM
(( This new forum is confusing me :smalleek: ))

*points at Mangosta* I can't remember if I voted before the forums went down. I don't like any of the bandwagons going on at the moment - Fleeing Coward or Duck. I'll be interested to see what happens at the end of today.

banjo1985
2014-03-31, 09:41 AM
Okay folks, so I've noticed the forums are back up now, so you have at least 48 hours from this post to get your votes in for this loooooooong Day 3. :smalltongue:

Maybe longer, if I can't work out where private messages are in this new nonsense layout.

LoP
2014-03-31, 03:20 PM
Just as a reminder to everyone, DLD is some sort of "image scryer" - she gets pictures related to someone's role, and right now we're testing it out on Fleeing Coward, whom DLD pinged as got nefarious pics.

Fleeing Coward is claiming that he's a neutral hairball who scries Reinholdt to Catopians and Catopian to Reinholdts... and also that it will take two phases to kill him?

Also, not sure if I like this new forum setup yet... probably just not used to it.

Disc Lorde
2014-03-31, 03:39 PM
FC seems like the best bet to me still. He's not cleared as not being a wolf, and if nothing else we know he's not a villager. If we had probable wolves I'd say go with them, but we don't so I'd say FC is the safest option.

Also, DLD, we could still use word from you on whether FC looked like a Reinholdt or not.

I'll post a list of players I find suspicious later.

Aric Kale
2014-03-31, 04:35 PM
Oh lawdy, I have no idea what to do...new forums. Brain overload...
My word, I suddenly feel dizzy. I must have spent too much time in the sun. If anyone has a suggestion for a viable lynch target, find me in my box. The cat drags his shield over to a cardboard box painted with an orchid decal on its side. After hopping inside, he grabs the shield and places it over the top of his "house," creating a lid.

Fleeing Coward
2014-03-31, 05:13 PM
Banjo hasn't described the roles as random anywhere.

Banjo said in my PM that I got assigned my role randomly. Some of the revealed roles have shown pretty much says that probably wasn't entirely true though.

FC seems like the best bet to me still. He's not cleared as not being a wolf, and if nothing else we know he's not a villager. If we had probable wolves I'd say go with them, but we don't so I'd say FC is the safest option.

Also, DLD, we could still use word from you on whether FC looked like a Reinholdt or not.

I'll post a list of players I find suspicious later.

DLD is probably town and a role picture scrier since I don't see a wolf doing this but my role specifically screws up scry results on me so whether he is a role picture seer or fool, I wouldn't know.

As I said before, I pretty much knew it was impossible for me to win this game the moment I got my role with my reputation. The sooner we get this lynch followed by Don Custard kill out of the way, the sooner I can take a small break from WW since people are just targetting me for lynch in every game I play at the moment.

Duck999
2014-03-31, 05:27 PM
As others have hypothesized, yes, I was referring to your defense of Murska. We did not know that he was a Reinholdt at the time of your defense, but now that we do it's very suspicious in hindsight.

First off: I do not remember my defense of him.
Secondly: I can look back and see that I was one of the first to vote for Murska.
The whole neutral thing was mostly because I am new to WW, and I didn't know much about neutrals.

reaverb
2014-03-31, 06:06 PM
Banjo said in my PM that I got assigned my role randomly. Some of the revealed roles have shown pretty much says that probably wasn't entirely true though.Ok, that's good to know.

(Since it's been a week: Yes I'm purposely keeping my point on Fleeing Coward. Still think he's the best target.)

mangosta71
2014-03-31, 07:09 PM
First off: I do not remember my defense of him.
Maybe this will jog your memory:

Super kitty is probably a day baner, and possibly Murska. Currently, there is no reason to daybane anyone because we don't know who will be killed.

I meant a catopian day baner. If Murska is the day baner, Murska is also probably catopian,
Combined with this:

I find you suspicious enough to lynch.

Duck999
2014-03-31, 07:15 PM
First off, people are wrong sometimes.

Murska: 2 (Castaras, Duck999)

Second: this is early in the day where Murska was almost lynched, but saved. I was one of the first to vote that way.

ThePhantom
2014-03-31, 11:38 PM
DarkLightDragon, not used to the new forum yet.

reaverb
2014-03-31, 11:52 PM
DarkLightDragon, not used to the new forum yet.This seems insanely suspicious to me, trying to kill a claimed seer without any justification in the slightest. Particularly since ThePhantom just tried to pull the "look like a clueless, uninvolved poster" gambit in Turf War. (Alternatively ThePhantom actually did manage to miss the seer claim, which doesn't bode well for his value as a Catopian.) I still think Fleeing Coward is the best lynch for now, but I'll probably vote for ThePhantom during the next day phase. (I guess if Fleeing Coward is telling the truth about the bulletproof ability but there's evidence he's lying about his alignment and is actually a wolf I might vote for him.)

Reinholdt
2014-04-01, 12:49 AM
I should get the catnip because I'm Reinholdt. Also, I'm the only one who linked this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Im7K8e40hI)
We drink and we fight and we love just because...
We are Nyan!

But I'm willing to play fair and earn my fix... I mean nip, through Murska's game.
*walks up and ghostly paws at door #3*

Murska
2014-04-01, 02:57 AM
Murska practically beams on stage, expertly hiding the slight hint of a frown from seeing none of the spectators try to sabotage the competitor in any way.

"Ah! Door three! But, my dear kitty, are you sure? You see..."

He leaps on the stage and pulls a lever, opening Door #2, revealing a bathtub filled with water, soap and bubbles behind it. Even the black-hearted Gameshow Rein shudders slightly at the sight.

"Perhaps you would like to switch after all?"

Reinholdt
2014-04-01, 05:42 AM
GAH! A BATH! No one ever said this show was going to be deadly! :smalleek:

"The logic of the finest scholars in the world say that switching now improves my odds of winning. I oppose their logic and replace it with spit! And hairballs! Bah to them! I'll stick with door 3."

Despite the clear and present danger of un-bodily harm, there's treasure behind this door, Reinholdt can just feel it. The risks are necessary.

Murska
2014-04-01, 07:09 AM
((OOC: I rolled a d3 to determine the result beforehand.))

With a manic grin, Murska saunters over to the ghostly competitor and grabs the lever next to Door 3.

"If you're so sure... no takebacks!"

He pulls the lever, while simultaneously delivering a kick at Reinholdt aimed to throw him into the bubbly, spongy, wet bathtub on the other side. The kick passes harmlessly through the ghost, however, and Gameshow Rein himself has to do some acrobatics to avoid the momentum carrying him into watery doom. Frowning, he pulls out a vacuum and uses that to sling Reinholdt through the door, before he gets over his shock and tries to escape.

...of course, it is not as though the bath can actually harm a ghost, but the sheer psychological trauma is almost as bad, as the door slams shut behind him.

"Just so we are clear there was no foul play, let me open Door 1 for you."

And behind that door, a large sack of catnip on a pedestal is revealed... until the door slams shut again, moments later, before the crowd can leap in.

"All right! That's the fate of our first competitor! Who's up next for Round Two of Rein's Games?"

Count Dingdong
2014-04-01, 11:14 AM
I can't remember much of what's gone on, but I remember someone saying they scried Fleeing Coward as Reinholdt. That's good enough for me; I don't trust his neutral claim. Though, with my track record being 0 for 1... Sorry, Zar Peter. :smallredface:

Zar Peter
2014-04-01, 01:25 PM
I can't remember much of what's gone on, but I remember someone saying they scried Fleeing Coward as Reinholdt. That's good enough for me; I don't trust his neutral claim. Though, with my track record being 0 for 1... Sorry, Zar Peter. :smallredface:

No one trust us neutrals anymore :smallfrown:

Not that I would claim neutral in this game... I am not.

Reinholdt
2014-04-01, 02:59 PM
"NOOOOOO!!! How could a thousand consenting experts be right? IT'S NOT FAIR!" Reinholdt wails as he's dragged into the bath that won't even touch him, wailing pitifully, tears running down his cheek. ;-;

Disc Lorde
2014-04-01, 03:03 PM
Um, Murska, you realize that you're a ghost too, right?