PDA

View Full Version : WW/Mafia Cat Fight II - Attack of the Reinholdts - Game On

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Murska
2014-04-01, 04:09 PM
I may be dead, but I'm not RPing as a ghost.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-01, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah, right. I forgot that you said in your first after-death RP post that you "stitched yourself back together".

Tris
2014-04-01, 11:05 PM
I'm going to have to reread this game since the forum has been down for a while.

Hattish Thing
2014-04-02, 12:10 AM
The Cat Hatter looks about now, dusting the various cobwebs off his significantly dusty old hat. It appears that for some bizarre reason the hat-clad cat with the mighty tophat became completely still. No idea why. He doesn't even know. He wakes up in a bit of a daze, dazzled by the brightness of his new location. Hissing at the light, apparently, the cat retreats to the corner to brood and perhaps sleep again. However, as the cat watches... his eyes glare down at duck, his face the epitome of anger. For some reason that guy really rubbed him the wrong way.

banjo1985
2014-04-02, 03:15 AM
OP has been updated with a swanky new table of surviving kitties, thanks to one of my players who will remain anonymous. Don't want folks to know how much attention you're paying to the game! :smallwink:

Duck999
2014-04-02, 06:16 AM
Filiity notices the catters stare andnlooks back at him. He tilts his head in a way to ask why he is being stared at.

banjo1985
2014-04-02, 06:50 AM
19/30 votes, not bad considering the forum outage.

3 hours left of the day phase, I see no reason to stretch it out much longer. FC has 14 votes, after all.

Anyone who still wants to make a play for a dose of catnip best get moving. :smallbiggrin:

mangosta71
2014-04-02, 08:28 AM
The Dread Kitten Roberts races to the stash of catnip. He shouts, "I claim this India in the name of Spain!" as he runs in circles, trying to keep anyone else from reaching it.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Mangosta71/derpypiratekitty_zps7379c065.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/Mangosta71/media/derpypiratekitty_zps7379c065.jpg.html)

Mordokai
2014-04-02, 08:53 AM
Eh sure, why not. Here's a picture of a silly cat with a catnip cravings.

http://humanerescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Catnip-and-Pit-Bulls.jpg

And here is a video of a confused fluffy kitty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECa3bAFAYk

For catnip. Because you know... I crave it and all that. And I'm a sold out :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2014-04-02, 10:01 AM
Day over, update cometh.

- - - Updated - - -

The kitties of Catopia stare in unconcealed wonder at the huge sacks of catnip in the back of the truck, losing themselves in day dreams of calmness and bliss. Reinholdt and Catopian alike fall into a trance-like stupor, and share a dream involving ghost kitties, hats, and a number of strange doors with horrible wet things behind them. To each kitty it seems to last forever, but in fact lasts only nine days. After all, the kitty truck driver has other deliveries to make, you know?

“Hey, Bagpuss wannabees, snap outta it and sign for this stuff already. I got an industrial barrel of flea powder that aint gonna deliver itself!”

Startled out of their reverie, the kitties stop dreaming about catnip, and set themselves to the task at hand i.e. making sure they get some of it. An adorable squabble breaks out, which quickly becomes less adorable when claws are unsheathed. The trucker kitty rolls his eyes, and starts a conversation with the kitty next to him whilst he waits for the others to sort themselves out.

“Hey, I thought they were planning to string you up? Said you had some dodgy images or something?”
“No way, it was only Play Cat. Double page spread of a kickass Persian with blue fur. Anyhow, if they’ve forgotten, no way am I reminding them.”
“Fair enough.”

Trucker kitty and Fleeing Coward watch as the kitty battle royale devolves into even stranger activities, as three doors are hastily erected by a pungent, stitched together moggy, and the other kitties take turns to pick a door. Neither of the onlookers can quite determine how the game actually works, but it seems to inevitably end with an unwanted bath for the feline participant. Whoever the stitched together cat is appears to be having a whale of a time.

Fleeing Coward turns to the trucker kitty.

“You’ll be waiting forever for this lot to sort themselves out. Mind if I just sign for it?”
“Fine, beats having to throw it over the fence. I only do that with packages marked fragile. They’re asking for it after all.”

Cowardly kiity signs the delivery note and sends the trucker kitty on his way. By the time the other Catopians realise what’s happened, the three sacks of catnip have mysteriously vanished.

“What have you done?!”
“Relax, I just locked it in the graveyard for safekeeping.”
“We have a graveyard?”
“For birds and rats mostly, but yeah.”

But when the kitties get to the graveyard, the catnip has gone!

Summary

No kitties were harmed in the resolution of this day phase.

Helgraf, Murska and Reinholdt get a dose of catnip each. They all need a bit of a pick me up, given that they’re dead and all.

C’nor would have been autolynched today, but has been reprieved due to the forum closure.

Night 3 begins now and will end in approximately 48 hours. Get your night actions in asap.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-02, 10:46 AM
:smalleek: Being away for a week really throws off my already sub-par game. Thank goodness my neck wasn't on the line. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2014-04-02, 11:15 AM
:smalleek: Being away for a week really throws off my already sub-par game. Thank goodness my neck wasn't on the line. :smallbiggrin:

Oh death's not all that bad. It comes with free catnip.

Ramsus
2014-04-02, 12:59 PM
So was FC even "lynched" at all? If someone (less lazy than me) could do a count of all the votes that'd be helpful.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-02, 01:08 PM
D'oh! I meant to make a play for that catnip!

mangosta71
2014-04-02, 01:58 PM
So was FC even "lynched" at all? If someone (less lazy than me) could do a count of all the votes that'd be helpful.

19/30 votes, not bad considering the forum outage.

3 hours left of the day phase, I see no reason to stretch it out much longer. FC has 14 votes, after all.
I think it's safe to assume that FC was picked for the lynch but something happened to prevent his death. As hard as it is to believe, maybe he's telling the truth.

Ramsus
2014-04-02, 03:15 PM
If it were anyone else I would be like "ok, 70% chance they were telling the truth then", but it's really hard for me to trust FC since it's exactly the kind of thing he'd make up and I've personally experienced him lie in ridiculous ways and get away with things and backstab people for no other reason than to amuse himself by getting away with it as far as I could figure. (In other words, I do feel a bit sorry for FC if he's telling the truth and he's getting lynched everywhere without a shot at playing much, but he's kinda done this to himself.)

Fleeing Coward
2014-04-02, 05:28 PM
That's part of the reason I'm taking a break, need to give people time to forget.
Doesn't matter that I'm telling the truth, Don Custard's going to kill me tonight anyways so I can say I told you so in the morning :smallbiggrin:

Tris
2014-04-02, 07:27 PM
If Super Cat doesn't want me voting them in yellow, they should announce themself. The Reinholdts know who you are anyway because of Murska.

Fleeing Coward
2014-04-02, 07:58 PM
Since I'm a dead man anyways, I might as well say what others are probably afraid to say in case they get labelled evil since Super Cat did save a wolf:
You're fooling noone with your act Tanar. In all likelyhood, you and Super Cat are both neutral and your win condition is to kill Super Cat.
There would be no reason for Super Cat to know that someone is out to kill them unless the other person knows they need to kill Super Cat.
I also can't imagine Banjo telling someone that they can point in yellow without telling them what it does so at least make up a more plausible lie next time :smalltongue:

Disc Lorde
2014-04-02, 08:08 PM
I second what Tanar said. Super Cat, also remember that if you're a Catopian and Tanar votes for you then that makes him suspicious.

Now, if Tanar is a neutral who's lying to us then I'll be irritated, but it doesn't really change our strategy whether he is or not and I see no reason to think that he is. FC, why does him yellow voting without knowing what it does seem so implausible to you?

Lex-Kat
2014-04-02, 08:24 PM
I don't think it'd be a good idea for Super Cat to come forward until Tanar is dead. He may be a neutral, but that just makes it more likely that killing Super Cat is his win condition.

Super Cat, if you come forward, Tanar will kill you. Stay hidden, that's my advice. :smallwink:

I agree with FC. It seems a little suspicious that Banjo would tell Tanar to vote in yellow, and not give him a reason. Could be wrong though. This is a silly game. :smalltongue:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ROLEPLAY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melody the Catmuffin Smurf bounced down the road, looking for a coffee shop. Hello! Is there anyone here? I have some nice yummy catnip for you!

Fleeing Coward
2014-04-02, 08:35 PM
What Lex Kat said really. It makes no logical sense for Banjo to tell one side someone is trying to kill them and then tell the other side that they can point in yellow but not give them any incentive to do so.
If it is an April Fools game in disguise though, it'd make perfect sense for something like that to happen and would explain alot regarding the role I and some of the dead people got :smalltongue:

Tris
2014-04-02, 09:22 PM
The reason I want Super Cat to reveal themselves is because otherwise I might accidently hit them with a vote, and kill them. If wanted to kill them and didn't fear getting lynched in response, I could just vote everyone anyway.

reaverb
2014-04-02, 09:29 PM
So was FC even "lynched" at all? If someone (less lazy than me) could do a count of all the votes that'd be helpful.There's around 15 votes for FC on thread pages 15 and 16, so it's safe to say he was hit. There were maybe 3 dissenting votes, one cast before DarkLightDragon came forward.

Tom the Mime
2014-04-02, 11:22 PM
The reason I want Super Cat to reveal themselves is because otherwise I might accidently hit them with a vote, and kill them. If wanted to kill them and didn't fear getting lynched in response, I could just vote everyone anyway.
Well it would stop you accidentally hitting them with a vote. I'd tend to agree that it wouldn't stop you from deliberately hitting them with a vote, given the likelihood of that sort of thing being a win condition for you.

Tris
2014-04-02, 11:25 PM
If I were going to deliberately vote for them, what's stopping me from voting everyone?

Disc Lorde
2014-04-02, 11:45 PM
Maybe because only the last vote you make in yellow counts, same as with all the other votes?

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-03, 02:06 AM
If FC's role saved him from the lynch, then it's unlikely that what he said about scriers getting dodgy results on him is true. (This was something posted before the forum outage, yes?)

Alternatively, there's an element of truth to the latter and the nonlynch has something to do with the catnip.

Alternatively alternatively, he's a big fat liar.

On one hand, I don't know what to think. On the other hand, this is exactly the kind of stunt that FC would pull. :smallconfused:

Tris
2014-04-03, 02:18 AM
Maybe because only the last vote you make in yellow counts, same as with all the other votes?

Maybe; in which case, I'm at less of a risk of hitting Super Cat accidently. One idea I have is to put my vote on someone I know isn't Super Cat and then, put in red who I would vote for normally, and if it makes a difference I'll switch my yellow vote over. The problem with that plan is that I don't know what vote affecting things are in play, so I won't know for sure whether my vote matters or not.

Anybody else got any other ideas?

banjo1985
2014-04-03, 02:59 AM
Murska, I'd like to give you the info on the catnip you've just picked up, but somebody has a full inbox. :smallamused:

Count Dingdong
2014-04-03, 03:03 AM
On the topic of Super Cat vs. Tanar: Super Cat seems Catopian. A wolf day-baner is very strong, though considering there's a town/neutral sniper, it's not unheard of. Still, if not Catopian, it's probably a neutral with a win condition of survival.

Conversely, Tanar could be any of the three alignments. If Catopian, there's the question of why the role would be designed to kill a town or neutral role, as that's generally counter-productive to the team's win condition (they want to get rid of wolves, not town, and often not neutrals). In all likelihood, he's neutral or wolf. If Hairball, it's likely Super Cat is also Hairball, and Super Cat wants to survive (or outlast Tanar), and Tanar wants to kill Super Cat. In that case, Tanar would probably leave the game (or at least would have won the game) after targeting Super Cat, so he wouldn't care if it's anti-town to kill Super Cat; he would have won, and he couldn't care less about getting killed immediately after. If Reinholdt, Tanar very likely already knows who Super Cat is through Murska. That's unlikely, considering he hasn't killed Super Cat to get a double lynch, but doing so would also make him suspicious. He probably won't target Super Cat as Reinholdt until he is either bound for lynch or thinks he'll get NK'd soon. Still, I think it's unlikely Tanar's Reinholdt.

My opinion: it's likely Tanar is Hairball, and Super Cat may be either Catopian or Hairball. Whatever the case, it's not a good idea for Super Cat to reveal himself, as it will likely only result in us losing a town day-baner, which is in no way a good thing... The solution I can think of is for Tanar to prove his town-ness by picking someone he knows is not Super Cat and constantly voting that person (until that person dies, that is...). For example, I'm not Super Cat. Vote me in yellow for the rest of the days until I'm dead, and there's no way you'll hit Super Cat. That should solve this situation nicely enough, methinks. :smallsmile:

Tris
2014-04-03, 03:33 AM
That's basically what I proposed in the last post, but the drawback is that my vote isn't going to count. It would be a lot better if Super Cat would just reveal themselves, but I can't think of anyway to convince them that I'm a Catopian. Because of that, I'm probably just going to have to just go with your plan.

Murska
2014-04-03, 05:49 AM
Murska, I'd like to give you the info on the catnip you've just picked up, but somebody has a full inbox. :smallamused:

Fixed. New system confusing me.

Fleeing Coward
2014-04-03, 06:30 AM
If FC's role saved him from the lynch, then it's unlikely that what he said about scriers getting dodgy results on him is true. (This was something posted before the forum outage, yes?)

Alternatively, there's an element of truth to the latter and the nonlynch has something to do with the catnip.

Alternatively alternatively, he's a big fat liar.

On one hand, I don't know what to think. On the other hand, this is exactly the kind of stunt that FC would pull. :smallconfused:

Not that it matters since I don't see myself surviving the night but I actually posted before you claimed you scried me that I will survive the first kill or lynch attempt on me and there was a little more to my role that would negatively affect my chances of survival but not actually affect either side's chances of victory (aka me scrying as the opposite faction to whoever scried me).

mangosta71
2014-04-03, 08:36 AM
I'm curious as to why you assume that Supercat's identity is known to the wolves. I think Supercat may be a careless day-baner. In that case, it would make sense for him to protect someone that's likely to be lynched on Day 1. Since everyone is blind on Day 1, he happened to protect a Reinholdt. That wouldn't tell the rescued person who had performed the rescue, though.

Or Supercat may be a fairly new player that didn't know that he can protect himself. Either way, preventing lynches is almost universally a Town power role. Town power roles being widely known only benefits the Wolves.

Another alternative is that Murska had some secret power from his role that prevented/delayed his death, and Supercat is just a bit of narration rather than an actual role in the game.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-03, 10:42 AM
We know that Super Cat is known to the Reinholdts because Murska said that Super Cat had contacted him, before Murska was revealed to be a Reinholdt. So, if Super Cat is town, he has no reason not to reveal himself. If Tanar is town, he won't vote for him, if he's Reinholdt he knows who Super Cat is already, and a Neutral with the goal of killing a townie seems unlikely to me.

mangosta71
2014-04-03, 11:58 AM
We know that Super Cat is known to the Reinholdts because Murska said that Super Cat had contacted him, before Murska was revealed to be a Reinholdt.
Murska lies almost as much as FC.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-03, 12:12 PM
Yes, I know Murska is untrustworthy. But still, I find it unlikely that he made up all that stuff about yellow color.

And anyways, just prepend "assuming Murska was telling the truth" in that case. Super Cat knows whether he contacted Murska or not.

Zweisteine
2014-04-03, 05:58 PM
Day 3 begins now and will end at least 48 hours after the forum becomes active again.
Ehhhh? What happened to that? Though I suppose it matters little, if there wasn't a lynching...

The white cat sneaks into an empty house, dragging a sack, which he nabbed from the truck in the day's confusion. He carefully drags a claw through the cloth, and pours out some of the bag's contents.

Lettuce? Who puts lettuce in a sack? Who puts lettuce in an unlabeled sack, next to unlabeled sacks of catnip?

Tris
2014-04-03, 06:48 PM
If Murska was lying about having been contacted, he's also lying about the yellow text weakness, and Super Cat has zero reason to reveal themself.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-03, 08:42 PM
Tanar, I'm guessing you meant to say "not to reveal himself"?

If Murska was lying about having been contacted, then it means that he made all the other stuff up and it may or may not be true.

Who is Super Cat?

Tris
2014-04-03, 09:35 PM
No, I meant "to reveal themself." If my yellow votes aren't deadly, Super Cat has no need to prevent me from voting them.

Aric Kale
2014-04-04, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure if Tanar is foolish or playing dumb...I'm concerned with him being on my side...

Tris
2014-04-04, 01:45 AM
What is it that I'm not making sense about?

Aric Kale
2014-04-04, 01:54 AM
If Super Cat reveals him/herself, (s)he will be NKed, or if you have more nefarious plans, you'll just yellow them to death.

Count Dingdong
2014-04-04, 02:21 AM
So, if we assume Murska told the truth, then Super Cat would likely get killed by Tanar if he revealed himself. Unless Tanar is telling the truth, but if he is, that would be a strange role... If we assume Murska is lying, then that begs the question of why he would do so. Whatever the case, that would imply that the wolves don't know Super Cat's identity, and revealing himself would still be a bad idea, even if Tanar's vote isn't deadly. Whatever the case, Super Cat (or whoever knows anything about the yellow if Murska was making that part up) knows the truth of the matter and will come out into the open or not as they believe is safe. For now, the simple thing to do is to pick someone who DOESN'T get harmed by the yellow, and then we don't have to worry about it. Tanar's continued pressuring for Super Cat to reveal himself just makes me more and more suspicious of him being a Neutral who wants to kill Super Cat.

Tris
2014-04-04, 03:10 AM
What I have said is that I would like Super Cat to reveal themself if Murska is telling the truth. Of course, I can understand if they don't trust me.

If Murska was lying, there is NO reason for Super Cat to reveal themself.

It seems you've been misunderstanding me.

banjo1985
2014-04-04, 10:00 AM
Okay, night phase over. Problem is, I don't have time for an update right now, and probably won't have the time until Sunday. Sorry guys.

banjo1985
2014-04-06, 06:28 AM
Night 3

The mysterious disappearance of a ton of catnip sends Catopia into uproar. Pitched battles rage thoughout the night, and many kitties are lost in the chaos. When the smoke and the fur clears, Catopia is missing four of its citizens, but seems to have somehow gained another.

“Hey Rein, where you been?”
“Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”
“…Right.”

Summary

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/auronkitty_zps33d90bac.png

Gnrlshrimp was killed by the Reinholdts. He was Auron Kitty, an important Catopian role!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/reinholdttortured_zps1dd77a29.png

Duck999 was killed by Don Custard. He was Tortured Reinholdt, A Hairball who had achieved 0% of his victory condition.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/robotrein_zps766bdcf8.png

Fleeing Coward was killed by Yuna Kitty & Summoned Llama. He was Robo Rein, a Reinholdt!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/sabrina_zpscfe26da0.png

Aric Kale was killed by an exploding poison hairball. He was Sabrina, a Catopian and one of Don Custard’s Catopia City Catia.

Reinholdt was reanimated!

Day 4 begins now and will end in 48 hours.

Autolynches will now be reinitiated from Day 2, meaning that:

C’nor

Must vote today to avoid autolynch.

Duck999
2014-04-06, 08:06 AM
And for a second I thought I wasn't a target. :smallfrown:
Well, now I can RP as a ghost.

Tortured Reinholdts ghost floats up from his body. DANG IT! Now I can't be a tortured reinholdt. How do I do that... WHEN I HAVE NO BODY!:smalltongue:What kind of cat could I be now?

reaverb
2014-04-06, 08:09 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/robotrein_zps766bdcf8.png

Fleeing Coward was killed by Yuna Kitty & Summoned Llama. He was Robo Rein, a Reinholdt!

Ha! so Fleeing Coward was lying. (I guess he could claim that the "each side scries me as the opposite thing" somehow extends after death.)

I don't know if we should go after the people who didn't vote for Fleeing Coward yesterday or if that's so obvious most of the wolves sacrificed him.

We have another one of those mysterious "x% of their win condition" things.

"was killed by an exploding" is probably a Beast kill, but I'm too lazy to go and confirm that.

ThePhantom, as promised yesterday:

darklightdragon, not used to the new forum yet.

This seems insanely suspicious to me, trying to kill a claimed seer without any justification in the slightest. Particularly since thephantom just tried to pull the "look like a clueless, uninvolved poster" gambit in turf war. (alternatively thephantom actually did manage to miss the seer claim, which doesn't bode well for his value as a catopian.) i still think fleeing coward is the best lynch for now, but i'll probably vote for thephantom during the next day phase. (i guess if fleeing coward is telling the truth about the bulletproof ability but there's evidence he's lying about his alignment and is actually a wolf i might vote for him.)

Duck999
2014-04-06, 08:15 AM
So we were right about fleeing coward blatantly lying. He could have avoided all of this by not claiming Neutral.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-06, 12:46 PM
Bad Duck. No reasonable thinking from Ghosts. :smallamused:

I'll vote for the death of Tanar Aerdoth, as he is at the very least a danger to Super Kitty. With him dead, the discussion for Super Kitty to step forward ends. Then it will depend on if Murska told his fellow Reinholdts who Super Kitty was or not.

Perhaps, they wish to keep him or her alive, as they figure they may be able to manipulate her into saving them sometime in the future? :smallconfused:

Tris
2014-04-06, 01:06 PM
If I were a Reinholdt, do you think Murska would have pointed me out to everyone?

As promised, Count Dingdong.

I'd be fine with a ThePhantom lynch.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-06, 01:20 PM
Gnrlshrimp was killed by the Reinholdts. He was Auron Kitty, an important Catopian role!

Well, kitty litter. He looks kind of like he was a baner.

Duck999 was killed by Don Custard. He was Tortured Reinholdt, A Hairball who had achieved 0% of his victory condition.

I feel bad for the poor Hairballs, but that puts Don Custards batting total at 2 Hairballs, 1 Reinholdt, and no Catopians. Not bad.

Alright! I wasn't buying FC's story, and this gives us some good information to go on. Also, it seems we now know of two more power roles. Catopian or at least Neutral by the looks of things.

Aric Kale was killed by an exploding poison hairball. He was Sabrina, a Catopian and one of Don Custard’s Catopia City Catia.

Well, kitty litter again. It sounds like the Catia are mason-like roles.

Reinholdt was reanimated!

Nice to have (Definitely Not) Reinholdt back. Though we can't rule out the possibility that his role was changed in the reanimation. If he's still on the Catopian team, that catnip could be handy.

Vote and analysis coming later, after I have time to read through the thread and after I hear from my role seer source.

Tris
2014-04-06, 04:23 PM
Alright! I wasn't buying FC's story, and this gives us some good information to go on. Also, it seems we now know of two more power roles. Catopian or at least Neutral by the looks of things.

Probably, this one:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/ReinholtSummons_zps41a27365.png
Which is a catopian.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-06, 04:31 PM
If I were a Reinholdt, do you think Murska would have pointed me out to everyone?

As promised, Count Dingdong.

I'd be fine with a ThePhantom lynch.
You know... that's a pretty good point.

Ramsus
2014-04-06, 04:46 PM
Tanar makes sense so... The Phantom.

LoP
2014-04-06, 04:51 PM
Ahhhh FC... always lying. :-P

The Robo Rein role might have been a Beast, and taken Aric on his way out...

I'll go with The Phantom because as Turf Wars showed he doesn't say much, so even if he isn't a Reinholdt he won't be much help.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-06, 04:53 PM
Hmm, but I'm pretty sure FC already had the ability to survive one kill, both because he survived the lynch and because that's the ability the mechanical cat had in Cats vs. Catmuffins. I suppose he could have both the toughness and beast abilities, but I don't consider it very likely.

Fleeing Coward
2014-04-06, 05:07 PM
So we were right about fleeing coward blatantly lying. He could have avoided all of this by not claiming Neutral.

Yeah, because people are totally not going to scry me if I didn't claim anything :smalltongue:

I'm at the point where people are going to kill me every game just to be safe because everyone only remember my occasional lies because of the impact they have even though the majority of the time my claims are true.

Hopefully, I'll have more luck in getting a chance to actually play these games after my break :smallsmile:

Duck999
2014-04-06, 05:59 PM
I am not a good judge of that, since my only experience with you has been you lying.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-06, 06:03 PM
What are you talking about Duck? He was a Streetman in Turf War.

Fleeing Coward
2014-04-06, 06:27 PM
Also lynched day 1 in Vampires where I was a villager, mason in Fear where they tried to lynch me, an initial attempt to lynch me in Fae day 1. I'm basically who you lynch when you have no better options :smallbiggrin:

Duck999
2014-04-06, 07:06 PM
What are you talking about Duck? He was a Streetman in Turf War.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I'm kind of dead in that. And it was my first game
Anyone want to RP with my ghost?

Disc Lorde
2014-04-06, 07:16 PM
Sure Duck.

DarkLightDragon, know of anyone we should be lynching right now?

Duck999
2014-04-06, 07:19 PM
Dead Tortured Reinholdt looks at the old game show stand. His ghost looks around for the Gameshow Rein, he wants a chance to play. Maybe he can be a big winner.

Helgraf
2014-04-06, 07:27 PM
Renkitty looks over from the ectofeline 'nip he's been rolling around in for the last several hours. He absently tucks the bag inside his straightjacket...

A thought that has been batting at the edges of his consciousness finally manages to slip through the hazy.

The hat...

He is on his paws; off like a shot, straight through the nearest wall and out the far side, having acquired along the way a dusting of flour. Tiny flour prints left behind on the cobbles as he races to beat the sun.

The hat.

Somewhere out there, caterwauling like, well, a cat in heat, came the echo-screams of the tortured spirit of the hat. Renkitty would find his fellow prisoner - and set it free.

Aric Kale
2014-04-06, 11:57 PM
Ouch *thoroughly dead*
Good luck, y'all.

Sabeki
2014-04-07, 12:23 AM
Seems like ghosts (ThePhantom) are the flavor of the day, then. And if we pressure him enough, he can at least provide good analysis.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-07, 12:29 AM
I think I should like to make friends with the one who can summon llamas at will. Oh, what a wonderfully fluffy sight!

((FC and Murska as wolves? Banjo, you monster! :smalltongue:

I think FC was just unlucky that I of all people got what is basically the Seer. I wasn't about to let him pull the same stunt two games in a row.

If whoever Yuna Kitty is could PM me, I'd like to ask something.

Disc Lorde: Not at this time.))

Reinholdt
2014-04-07, 01:06 AM
Definitely Not Reinholdt floated serenely. He was finally going to catch the big laser pointer in the sky. Sure he had to go through the prerequisite and wholly unnecessary bath first, but now his eternal reward waited.

"Definitely Not Reinholdt...
"Huh? Wazzat?" His ears swiveled in the direction of the sound, as his tail flicked in confusion.
"Don't go after the light DNReinholdt."
"But... but it's right frakking there! I can get it! I know I can!"
"No, you really can't. But that's beside the point. There's a more vital task for you."
"Killing the hoomans?"
"Errr... no. Your... deeds have earned you a promotion in the cat ranks and a second chance at life. From here on forth, you shall be known as Maybe Reinholdt."
"... Maybe Reinholdt?
"Yeah."
"As in, one step closer to being Reinholdt. An equal, 50-50 chance that I might be a Reinholdt."
"Well I don't know about 50-50. You see one of the spirit kitties leapt onto the table and batted the dice while we were trying to roll..." The voice admits sheepishly.
"But, since I could be Reinholdt or not Reinholdt in an unobservable state, I must in fact be both at the same time."
"I don't really think that's how things work arou-"
"I have become a GOD amongst kitties! I AM THE REINCARNARNATED LEGENDARY SPIRIT OF SCHRODINGER REINHOLDT!! MWAHAHAHAHA-"
"......."
"-HAHAHAHAHA..."

In a back alley, an incorporeal kitty slowly solidifies lying on the ground. Its eyes remain glazed over in a catnip induced fever haze, as it laughs softly at a joke only it understands, drool falling from its mouth. "hahaha..."

LoP
2014-04-07, 01:09 AM
((what... the... hell???))

Murska
2014-04-07, 03:07 AM
Also lynched day 1 in Vampires where I was a villager, mason in Fear where they tried to lynch me, an initial attempt to lynch me in Fae day 1. I'm basically who you lynch when you have no better options :smallbiggrin:

After I'm dead, anyway. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2014-04-07, 03:30 AM
((what... the... hell???))

I take offense that hell was involved in my transcendence in any way. Probably.

Cristo Meyers
2014-04-07, 09:19 AM
"I have become a GOD amongst kitties! I AM THE REINCARNARNATED LEGENDARY SPIRIT OF SCHRODINGER REINHOLDT!! MWAHAHAHAHA-"
"......."
"-HAHAHAHAHA..."

Opening a box to allow an entity from the Other Side through into our world...because that never goes badly...

Castaras
2014-04-07, 09:24 AM
*points at Cristo*

Directly above me. Apologies, in the middle of panicking about helping run 600 person event this weekend.

Aventine
2014-04-07, 11:25 AM
Tanar as an alternative to the Phantom wagon.

Zar Peter
2014-04-07, 12:14 PM
The old cat awakes with a strange feeling in his paws. He's feeling fresher... more active. He goes out on the street for a walk and after five minutes he suddenly notices that he forgot his walking stick at home. Strange. Anyway, he watched the people on the street. They all walk around pointing at The Phantom although nobody has seen one. Strange, too.

Count Dingdong
2014-04-07, 03:41 PM
:smalleek: So that's what the hairball did. I'm sorry aric, I got passed the hairball (it was an item - green, sticky, and unpleasant - probably passed by a Hairball?, and I could pass it or keep it), and the last time I did something like that in a game, it was a hot potato on a timer that exploded and killed the holder at the end of the timer. I literally just passed it to the first player alphabetically, but I didn't think it would actually explode... Now I feel really bad about it. :smallfrown:

Anyway, thoughts on the game... Roles haven't been shown to be fully randomly assigned. I mean, BasketOfPuppies as himself. Definitely Not Reinholdt as ...Definitely Not Reinholdt. Murska and FC as wolves. I'm not sure if we can (or should) metagame that, though. It's pretty much confirmed now that Don Custard is a town role instead of a second set of wolves (Hairball?), and with aric_kale's death, it seems they're a small mason group. Tanar is pretty much not a wolf since Murska was trying to get him killed, but it's unclear whether he's town or neutral. Either way, it's not worth killing him over anyone else, so long as he doesn't know and can't kill Super Cat as a Hairball.

ThePhantom's being lynched for voting DLD (claimed Seer) yesterday. I'm a bit confused as to why both Lex-Kat and Aventine are voting Tanar, since I see no reason to vote him. I'm a bit confused as to LoP's last post? What is that referring to? @Disc Lorde, even if DLD scried a wolf, she shouldn't reveal anything until at least halfway through the day, since otherwise it becomes follow-the-seer, and we lose analysis for the day. We also don't know whether Reinholdt was revived as the same role or not, though that's not necessarily important right now.

I feel like Zweisteine hasn't been saying much, and I'd just like him to talk a bit more. There are a few others, but he was the only one that I forgot was playing until I looked at the player list.

...I may get to RPing again sometime or other.

Zweisteine
2014-04-07, 04:04 PM
I feel like Zweisteine hasn't been saying much, and I'd just like him to talk a bit more. There are a few others, but he was the only one that I forgot was playing until I looked at the player list.
My forum visitation frequency is down quite a bit this past weeks. I haven't gotten back to my old habits after the shutdown...
I wasn't very well-known beforehand, either, which might explain why you'd forgotten me.

I do have my own two cents to add to the conversation though, from the perspective of someone who mostly missed the last four pages, I must say that the bandwagon against ThePhantom doesn't look good. It seems to me that he put in either a mostly random vote, or was going for a seer test, and everyone is screaming bloody murder at him for it.
It looks to me like this bandwagon is growing because he hasn't had the chance to defend his vote. He has't posted once since he made that vote.
I would recommend that DarkLightDragon, who looks like a seer (after all, she said FC was bad, and he was), check out ThePhantom. If he's a reinholdt, he goes; if not, he stays.

I'll go for Tanar Aerdoth, because I dislike bandwagons, and voting alone is even worse.

ThePhantom
2014-04-07, 05:13 PM
Tanar Aerdoth, sorry, I haven't gotten the swing of these yet.

Tris
2014-04-07, 07:14 PM
@Those who are voting for me: Are you considering the fact that Murska tried to cast suspicion on me? I pointed it out earlier, and Count Dingdong just did. If you are, I'm more fine with you voting me (I'm not saying I like it of course), but at least take that into account.

reaverb
2014-04-07, 08:55 PM
I find the sudden votes for Tanar very suspicious, and if ThePhantom flips wolf I would suggest pursuing some of the people on the wagon, particularly Aventine and Zweisteine, who have been nigh invisible all game. In addition, Lex-Kat acknowledged that Murska attempting to put pressure on Tanar was a "good point" but didn't change her vote.

Surprised ThePhantom is still clammy, although he made the exact same style of short point the day he was lynched in Turf War.

Currently there are ThePhantom has 6-7 votes (I don't remember the specifics of Tanar's Yellow vs. Red votes thing) while Tanar has 4. (Lex-Kat, ThePhantom, Aventine and Zweisteine)

Zweisteine
2014-04-07, 09:02 PM
I believe that ThePhantom is not the verbose type, which means he isn't going to defend himself very well.

For example, his vote against Tanar has the clear motivation of being the best chance for him not to die.

Penguinator
2014-04-07, 09:09 PM
I guess I'll vote for ThePhantom. He hasn't said anything, and I don't necessarily believe that Tanar is a wolf.

Tris
2014-04-07, 09:17 PM
I believe that ThePhantom is not the verbose type, which means he isn't going to defend himself very well.

For example, his vote against Tanar has the clear motivation of being the best chance for him not to die.

He can at least acknowledge the accusations.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-07, 09:35 PM
I find the sudden votes for Tanar very suspicious, and if ThePhantom flips wolf I would suggest pursuing some of the people on the wagon, particularly Aventine and Zweisteine, who have been nigh invisible all game. In addition, Lex-Kat acknowledged that Murska attempting to put pressure on Tanar was a "good point" but didn't change her vote.

It's a good point, but not necessarily one that proves he's not a Reinholdt. Murska claimed he was doing so for Super Kitty, as repayment for saving him Day 1. This would have kept him in the good graces of Super Kitty. Not to mention helping to lynch a Reinholdt would go a long way in convincing us Catopians that he was on our side. Sometimes a sacrifice must be made, and I believe Tanar might have been the sacrifice.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-07, 09:40 PM
Well, ThePhantom has been giving us nothing to analyze and acting more or less exactly how he acted the last time he was a wolf. He's gotta go.

Tanar, is there anything more to your role (that you know of)?

Tris
2014-04-07, 09:47 PM
It's a good point, but not necessarily one that proves he's not a Reinholdt. Murska claimed he was doing so for Super Kitty, as repayment for saving him Day 1. This would have kept him in the good graces of Super Kitty. Not to mention helping to lynch a Reinholdt would go a long way in convincing us Catopians that he was on our side. Sometimes a sacrifice must be made, and I believe Tanar might have been the sacrifice.
That is a good point. I guess, that argument isn't as strong as I thought.

Well, ThePhantom has been giving us nothing to analyze and acting more or less exactly how he acted the last time he was a wolf. He's gotta go.

Tanar, is there anything more to your role (that you know of)?

Nope. I was a little disappointed when I got it.

Zweisteine
2014-04-07, 10:02 PM
I realize that sudden throwing of accusations seems a bit suspicious, but it seems to me that the case faibts ThePhantom is very weak, and the one against Tanar slightly better.

Judging from what little he has said, ThePhantom is inexperienced with these games, as I am, and simply voted for the seer without realizing what had been going on. That, stacked with a lack of inclination to make long posts or particularly good arguments, leads to short posts.

Tanar, on the other hand, has done quite a bit.
First, Murska's accusation proves little. Murska was already a lynch target, if my memory is correct, so he might have accused Tanar of being a Reinholdt to throw suspicion away from Tanar when he (Murska) died (if Tanar is a Reinhodt, of course).
More inportantly, I have this argument: If Supercat, a day-baner, is Catopian, why would another Catopian be the one controlling his weakness? A super-villain is more likely to hold kryptonite than a random citizen. Also, if he is Catopian, Tanar could easily avoid accidentally killing Supercat alwas by simply voting for the same person over and over again, rather than asking for Supercat to expose himself. It seems that that would be the obvious plan, not one he would accept from another.

It seems to me that there is not too much evidence for either, and that the Phantom bandwagon is just a stab into the dark, which I believe to be a mistake.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-07, 10:03 PM
Okay, crazy idea here, but then again this game is crazy. Maybe is Super Kitty saves Tanar they'll become friends, know each other to be Catopian, and win with the Catopians?

If nothing else, I'm sure we'd get an awesome update out of it, and it's not like we're short on kills, since we now know that at least two Catopians have night kills.

Tris
2014-04-07, 10:12 PM
More inportantly, I have this argument: If Supercat, a day-baner, is Catopian, why would another Catopian be the one controlling his weakness? A super-villain is more likely to hold kryptonite than a random citizen.
In this game, though...

Also, if he is Catopian, Tanar could easily avoid accidentally killing Supercat alwas by simply voting for the same person over and over again, rather than asking for Supercat to expose himself. It seems that that would be the obvious plan, not one he would accept from another.

I actually proposed the plan before Count Dingdong did.

Reinholdt
2014-04-08, 12:08 AM
Opening a box to allow an entity from the Other Side through into our world...because that never goes badly...

Awww... you only say that cause it's true.

ThePhantom

Count Dingdong
2014-04-08, 12:18 AM
Okay, Zweisteine talked a lot, and for me, that's good enough. I do think this wagon on ThePhantom is rather one-sided, but I don't like the alternate wagon of Tanar either. Back to quiet people... Mordokai, you've been rather quiet this game, especially of late. Cat pictures page 17 and then nothing until page 11, going back through the thread. Care to share some thoughts on the game?

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-08, 02:03 AM
((I'm skeptical about ThePhantom. He's been in a few games, and each time he's provided random/suspicious points with little to no explanation. I don't like either bandwagon that's going on.))

Penguinator
2014-04-08, 02:16 AM
I'll admit, it's not the best wagon, perhaps, but I don't have time to look analyze everything, or I would.

banjo1985
2014-04-08, 03:00 AM
Okay, so this Day phase should end in about 8 hours time, but I'm going to extend it until 24 hours from this time, to get us back onto the schedule I was following before the forum outage.

The narration for this phase will also be much better, as I'll actually have time to write something. :smalltongue:

I'll edit this post with a 'who's getting lynched' update once I've updated my spreadsheet.

EDIT - A disappointing 15/27 votes in.

The Phantom is currently leading the lynch vote.

C'nor is still up for autolynch.

Zweisteine
2014-04-08, 05:26 AM
I actually proposed the plan before Count Dingdong did.
I, missed that. I haven't been a le to keep track of the last few pages so well... Point to you.

Though it looks like you're safe anyway.

Tom the Mime
2014-04-08, 07:21 AM
I'll vote for The Phantom. Tanar scried as Cthulukitty (reading between the lines) but given previous scries, it's not exactly reliable. Thought it was interesting in that the Yellow Sign could be an explanation for having to vote in yellow (as an alternative to a plain kryptonite vote).

bladescape
2014-04-08, 10:22 AM
I'm alive? I'm alive!

ThePhantom for while I try and get back on track with things.

Aric Kale
2014-04-08, 10:32 AM
I suppose I can't venture an opinion anymore...being dead and all. A ghostly Aric Cat states cheerfully, floating on his old shield, which somehow survived the hairball explosion and now lives in the burnt down box. but if I can I'll edit in a response.

Haruki-kun
2014-04-08, 10:35 AM
"Hallo, everynyan!

I believe The Phantom is going to America!"

mangosta71
2014-04-08, 11:18 AM
@Those who are voting for me: Are you considering the fact that Murska tried to cast suspicion on me? I pointed it out earlier, and Count Dingdong just did. If you are, I'm more fine with you voting me (I'm not saying I like it of course), but at least take that into account.
((I'm taking that into consideration. However, I'm also considering that I know Murska. He would absolutely throw a fellow wolf under the bus in an attempt to garner Town's trust. Or, believing his own demise was imminent, he would attempt to clear a fellow wolf that he believed had a better chance of surviving in the long run. As I mentioned earlier, Murska lies almost as often and comfortably as FC. His "endorsement" means nothing to me. Do you have anything else to offer in your defense, Tanar?))

In a funk, the Dread Kitten Roberts shambled to a bar. He had met with dismal failure in his attempts to secure both the magnificent hat and the shipment of catnip. He ordered a bowl of rum, then simply sat there, staring into it. "I'm not a pirate at all!" he wailed, pushing the bowl away and sinking into a sobbing pile of fur.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-08, 11:58 AM
Disc Lorde excused himself from the discussion and headed over to the graveyard, where he somberly put some flowers on Aric Kitty's grave. "Your service will not be forgotten, noble friend. Farewell, and may a flock of Haruki-Kun's sing thee to thy rest."

Just then, a specter flew past, shouting something about a hat. "Oy! Do you mind? I'm trying to have a tragic moment here!"

reaverb
2014-04-08, 02:55 PM
I got a couple PM's from Zweisteine, saw no reason not to share them with the world:

I have (a good, power-related) reason to believe that ThePhantom is innocent. I have no such information about Tanar, and he had the second most votes. That is the only reason I chose him as my target.

I also asked the probable seer to check ThePhantom tonight, just in case.

It would help my cause if you were to not vote for ThePhantom, but I know the odds of this changing your mind are low.

—Zweikatzen

That sounded really suspicious, didn't it?
I've never played one of these games before...

No, I am not moving my vote away from ThePhantom, although the mentions (DarkLightDragon, for example) that ThePhantom often acts like this do make me slighlty less sure.

I would also like to ask Zweikatzen what this "power-related reason" is?

Duck999
2014-04-08, 03:52 PM
I am fairly certain you are not allowed to (by forum rules or some rule of politeness) to share PMs without the consent of the sender.

Ramsus
2014-04-08, 04:17 PM
If that's a rule, it's outside of the context of werewolf games as this kind of thing comes up a lot. And the inability to share game related PMs (unless the game itself has rules against it) would hinder people's ability to play.

Zweisteine
2014-04-08, 04:49 PM
I feel the need, reaverb, to point out that "no reason not to share" is not equivalent to "a reason to share."

And there is a reason I didn't specify beyond "power-related reasons." Needless to say, my ability has given me the idea that ThePhantom is innocent. And now the general populace knows something about me, which I was trying to avoid.

I know it's not any real evidence, but this, at least in my eyes, seems rather suspicious on reaverb's part...

LoP
2014-04-08, 04:53 PM
I'm curious about the whole Tanar = Cthulukitty thing. Tom, where did that come from? So yellow voting is thematically the Yellow Sign... but whats it for? Should we be concerned about some sort of cult dealio, with the yellow vote being some sort of public recruitment?

Murska
2014-04-08, 05:01 PM
Murska lies almost as often and comfortably as FC.

Should I feel insulted? I clearly haven't been playing enough lately. :smalltongue:

Disc Lorde
2014-04-08, 05:20 PM
So Zwei, are you sure that ThePhantom is innocent, or do you just have reason to think so?

It's not suspicious for reaverb to reveal the information. Foolish maybe, but not suspicious. If he were a wolf he would have simply told the other wolves about it and told the town nothing. If anything, I think this is reason to believe he's town.

It's been established before that Tom, if he's telling the truth, is a role scry fool.

Tom the Mime
2014-04-08, 05:44 PM
I'm curious about the whole Tanar = Cthulukitty thing. Tom, where did that come from? So yellow voting is thematically the Yellow Sign... but whats it for? Should we be concerned about some sort of cult dealio, with the yellow vote being some sort of public recruitment?

It's been established before that Tom, if he's telling the truth, is a role scry fool.

I said in my original post that it wasn't likely given I seem to be a fool but on the off chance that it's a fool with a 25% chance of success or something I'd post a possible explanation. I wouldn't have even mentioned it if it didn't have the possible yellow connection but it still probably doesn't mean anything about Tanar.

If nothing else, the role from the scry should at least exist, so I'd say there is a night-recruiting cultist looking to to bring about his return from the watery graves of Rl'yeh. If I had to guess, I'd say that it might be an neutral win con of having most or all survivors at the end recruited by the cult (depending on balance and if it makes others lose). Not as threatening as Reinholdts.

Zweisteine
2014-04-08, 06:42 PM
So Zwei, are you sure that ThePhantom is innocent, or do you just have reason to think so?
I'm not 100% sure, but such is the nature of these games. His ability could be to trick mine, but I doubt it, considering the nature of mine. My ability is rather limited in its usefullness, but I don't think that it has given me misleading information.

It's not suspicious for reaverb to reveal the information. Foolish maybe, but not suspicious. If he were a wolf he would have simply told the other wolves about it and told the town nothing. If anything, I think this is reason to believe he's town.
That's a good point. Never mind what I said about him before, then.

In that case, if he's right about Tanar, it means... not much, really. I don't think Tanar has to worry about dying today. The vote isn't even close to heading that way.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-08, 06:55 PM
Tom, you're being very vague. What abilities, specifically, did you scry Tanar as having?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give Phantom and Zwei the benefit of the doubt for now. Well, sorry Tanar.

Zweisteine
2014-04-08, 07:25 PM
Now if only I could pull in 6 more votes, or swing 3...

Who hasn't voted yet?

Tris
2014-04-08, 08:01 PM
In that case, if he's right about Tanar, it means... not much, really. I don't think Tanar has to worry about dying today. The vote isn't even close to heading that way.
Huh? What are you trying to say by this? I don't understand.

Tom, you're being very vague. What abilities, specifically, did you scry Tanar as having?

All he scried me as is Cathulhu, but he's a Fool, so he gets incorrect results.

------------------------

I don't like that the alternate bandwagon to me has been found innocent. I wish that instead of people piling on that wagon after the info was revealed, that effort would be put towards investigating others like Count Dingdong is. I wish I could use my vote.

Zweisteine
2014-04-08, 08:22 PM
Huh? What are you trying to say by this? I don't understand.I'm saying that your role doesn't matter to this day's vote, because you probably aren't going to die.

All he scried me as is Cathulhu, but he's a Fool, so he gets incorrect results.He might get occasionally correct results, and the logic he gave for you could be correct.
I think the "vagueness" Disc Lorde was talking about is Tom's guess as to what your/Cathulu's ability is.

I don't like that the alternate bandwagon to me has been found innocent. I wish that instead of people piling on that wagon after the info was revealed, that effort would be put towards investigating others like Count Dingdong is. I wish I could use my vote.Are you saying you don't like that you have been found innocent, or that you dislike that the people attacking you are not under suspicion?
In the first case, I don't think you're innocent, necessarily, but I don't see any real evidence against you, either.
In the second, I don't see much of a case against the Phantom bandwagon, either.

Tris
2014-04-08, 08:33 PM
Are you saying you don't like that you have been found innocent, or that you dislike that the people attacking you are not under suspicion?
No, I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the Phantom wagon. You claim that you have information that suggests Phantom is innocent, yet people continue to vote for him. Therefore, as of now, we have a wagon for me and a wagon for a likely innocent. I don't like either. I do like Count's efforts to search for scum elsewhere.

In the first case, I don't think you're innocent, necessarily, but I don't see any real evidence against you, either.
Why are you voting for me, then?

Zweisteine
2014-04-08, 08:49 PM
No, I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the Phantom wagon. You claim that you have information that suggests Phantom is innocent, yet people continue to vote for him. Therefore, as of now, we have a wagon for me and a wagon for a likely innocent. I don't like either. I do like Count's efforts to search for scum elsewhere.
Neither do I. I have the feeling I'm in a bad position either way. If it was up to me, I would get Supercat to protect ThePhantom, and wait until tomorrow to see what the seer has to say about all this.

Why are you voting for me, then?
I believe I said this earlier: I am more certain about ThePhantom's innocence than yours, and you had the next most votes.

TFT
2014-04-08, 08:50 PM
I don't like either wagon at the moment, but I think The Phantom wagon is better then the Tanar wagon at this point, due to the fact that at the moment Tanar's claim seems okay.

LoP
2014-04-08, 08:53 PM
I don't know, this kinda sucks all around. I really really REALLY wish Phantom would actually play these games instead of ... doing what he's doing (which isn't much).

Tris
2014-04-08, 08:59 PM
This is why the day lengths at Mafiascum can work really well. They last for two weeks, but the moment a wagon reaches majority, that player gets lynched. Not saying we should implement that here, but it can be nice to have more time to come up with alternate wagons.

Zweisteine
2014-04-08, 10:13 PM
If it weren't for Don Custard's night kills, I'd say it looks like the Reinholdts are well on their way to crushing us.

We need to figure out who to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like either wagon at the moment, but I think The Phantom wagon is better then the Tanar wagon at this point, due to the fact that at the moment Tanar's claim seems okay.

Y'know, you could always not join a bandwagon at all... Just vote for C'nor or somebody, and let the vote o to waste, because it isn't having much effect where it is now, either...

Penguinator
2014-04-08, 10:17 PM
If it weren't for Don Custard's night kills, I'd say it looks like the Reinholdts are well on their way to crushing us.

Uh... Of eight dead players, two were Reinholdts. Also, town pulled off two night kills last night. How many wolves do you think know there are?

Reinholdt
2014-04-08, 10:32 PM
reaverb is more likely Reinholdt than these other wagons.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-09, 12:42 AM
I may point out that at least we know Tanar is useless if they're town. Also there's the fact that if ThePhantom is town then they're part of a network with Zwei, and scrying one of them will also pretty definitely tell us about the other, but that advantage is ruined if we kill ThePhantom right now.

In short, killing ThePhantom is a horrible idea, and anyone who can should switch over to Tanar now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man, almost forgot. Current votes:

ThePhantom: 10 (reaverb, Rasmus, LoP, Sabeki, Zar Peter, Penguinator, Tom the Mime, bladescape, Haruki-Kun, The Fiery Tower)
Tanar Aerdoth: 6 (Lex-Kat, Aventine, Zweisteine, ThePhantom, mangosta71, Disc Lorde)
Cristo Meyers: 1 (Castaras)
Mordokai: 1 (Count Dingdong)
reaverb: 1 (Reinholdt)

Ramsus
2014-04-09, 02:27 AM
Well, I'll join Reinholdt on the reaverb(erating) wagon then. Because who doesn't love last minute wagon switches?

banjo1985
2014-04-09, 02:45 AM
Day over, update to follow.

V Just out of time. The vote won't count, but I'll count it as activity for today so that you're not at risk of autolynch.

Nonayer
2014-04-09, 02:49 AM
reaverb is more likely Reinholdt than these other wagons.

I uh... I can't really argue with that logic. Reaverb it is then.

Edit: Argh ninjaed by the day over. xD

banjo1985
2014-04-09, 03:47 AM
Day 4

Catopia is strangely quiet following its night of horrific violence, with many kitties choosing to stay indoors and lick their wounds, many of them literally. Still, there are enough kitties around the main square to make use of the scratching post gibbet, including a rather smug looking Don Custard.

“Okay fella’s, string her up.”
“Aw, can’t we make her sleep with the fishies? I’ve seen that on TV.”
“We’re kitties, Fat Cat, sleepin’ with fishies is a dream.”
“Nah, I don’t like fishies. I prefer sushi.”
“Jeez, give me strength!”
“Let me, pa, let me!”
“Awright Ambrosia, go give C’nor a stylish necktie.”

The kitty standing on the stage struggles to escape, but the kitty mafia know how to tie knots with a ball of string. Once they’ve stopped playing with it of course. Ambrosia, Custards darling daughter and budding mafia dame, totters over to the lever for the trapdoor and pulls it daintily, being careful not to break a manicured claw.

“Time to go night night, C’nor. And it’s not because you’re prettier than me, honest!”

At this point C’nor kitty sprouts a pair of tiny wings just as the trapdoor underneath her, leaving her fluttering around on the end of the rope, and thoroughly unlynched. Don Custard throws his fez down in disgust and rages at his associates.

“I told ya to check if she was packing anything, idiots! Fat Cat, go get that fluttering dame down and lynch her properly, damn it!”
“Okay boss, keep ya fez on, jeez…”

Fat Cat pads over to the fluttering kitty, the rickety wooden platform flexing beneath his prodigious bulk. He reaches upwards to try and grab the leashed kitty, but C’nor bobs just out of his reach.

“C’mon, C’nor, kitties aren’t supposed to fly.”
“They’re not supposed to weigh the same as a baby elephant either, Fat Cat.”
“I’m not fat, I’m big boned!”
“Course you are, that’s why you’re called Big-boned Cat, isn’t it?”

Fat Cat howls in anger and, using agility and power even he never knew he had, leaps into the air and grabs hold of the flying kitties foot in his podgy paw.

“I got her, I got her! I-oh crap!”

C’nor’s wings really were only itty bitty, and nowhere near strong enough to keep both herself and such a fat cat up in the air. Both kitties plunge howling to the lynch platform, Fat Cat’s bulk adding extra speed to the descent. The kitties hit the platform and smash straight through it, their howls receeding into the distance as they drop out of sight.

“Fat Cat? Doofus?”

Don Custard sidles up to the platform and looks into the ragged hole left by the two kitties. It’s a very deep hole indeed.

“Hey fella’s, when did this sink hole open up?”
“Should we put a corden round it or something, it’s dangerous.”
“…it’s below a bloody gibbet.”
“Fair point. Carry on.”

Summary

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/fatcat_zps54b3ebeb.png
The Phantom was lynched. He was Fat Cat, one of the Catopian City Catia!
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/flyingcat_zpsa6afc352.png
C’nor was autolynched. She was Spy Kitty, a Catopian.

Night 4 begins now and will end in 48 hours. If I receive all actions earlier than that, then I may finish early.

Reinholdt
2014-04-09, 04:32 AM
((I'm taking that into consideration. However, I'm also considering that I know Murska. He would absolutely throw a fellow wolf under the bus in an attempt to garner Town's trust. Or, believing his own demise was imminent, he would attempt to clear a fellow wolf that he believed had a better chance of surviving in the long run. As I mentioned earlier, Murska lies almost as often and comfortably as FC. His "endorsement" means nothing to me. Do you have anything else to offer in your defense, Tanar?))

In a funk, the Dread Kitten Roberts shambled to a bar. He had met with dismal failure in his attempts to secure both the magnificent hat and the shipment of catnip. He ordered a bowl of rum, then simply sat there, staring into it. "I'm not a pirate at all!" he wailed, pushing the bowl away and sinking into a sobbing pile of fur.

"Aww, there there..." Schrodinger Maybe Reinholdt sidled up to Dread Kitten Roberts and pats him on the back. He sways and sounds drunk, but doesn't seem to reek of alcohol. He also seems to have stolen or otherwise procured an incredible Hat (http://www.playunplugged.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mysticorderfez.png) from the homeless psycho kitty out back.

"The most valuable of kitty prizes is yet to arrive! You can be a pirate yet. All you have to do is wait and then... under everyone's nose... steal, The Box. What Box you say? Why the Box that's yet to be introduced I say! Why hasn't it been introduced you say? I know, I say. It's very rude to not introduce yourself when meeting people you say. I completely agree and by the way who are you I say. I'm you you say. Oh I say. Well then I can trust myself about the legendary BOX for it is coming in the near future when all of catkind is at its bleakest. Also Don Custard's a jerk for kicking m... err... that Rein guy out all those years ago even if Don Custard's a good shot, he just had to create an evil duplicate army to fight back. SO YES! Be enlightened..." Maybe Reinholdt puts his paw on Dread Kitten Roberts forehead. "And prepare the way for the Box!!!"

Maybe Reinholdt stares intently at Dread Kitten Roberts for five seconds, his Hat tilting at an odd direction, before he sticks his leg out and gives himself a bath.

Zweisteine
2014-04-09, 04:27 PM
C'mon, people, nights are too quiet!

reaverb
2014-04-09, 06:33 PM
C'mon, people, nights are too quiet!There are very few situations where it makes sense to talk at night, since it gives the wolves more info before they make their night kill. Normally you can wait until the next Day phase to say something.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-09, 07:03 PM
You can't wait until the next day phase if you or someone you want to have a discussion with is killed during the night.

I'll post some observations later.

reaverb
2014-04-09, 07:33 PM
You can't wait until the next day phase if you or someone you want to have a discussion with is killed during the night.

I'll post some observations later.Yes, that's the most likely situation on my list of "very few situations."

Mordokai
2014-04-10, 05:04 AM
Custard seems to be lucky when it comes to hitting hairballs.

I'd appreciate if that didn't happen to me.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-10, 06:25 AM
((I haven't been very well today. I'll get to PMs when I'm less sick.))

mangosta71
2014-04-10, 08:23 AM
The Dread Kitten Roberts blearily looks at the newcomer. His eyes begin to gleam as he listens. "A Box, you say?" He raises a dreamy gaze toward the ceiling, imagining the things he could pretend to do with a box...

Disc Lorde
2014-04-10, 12:36 PM
For tomorrow's lynch, well, I've gotta give the wolves credit. There are no players that are really pinging my scum sensor. However, here's what I have.

I find Tanar's roleclaim rather suspicious. I could understand a townie having a role that could kill another townie, because that makes it interesting. But having no other abilities? I find it hard to believe that banjo would make a role that just sucks, and consider it a very real possibility that Tanar's a Reinholdt with a bunch of other abilities he's not telling us. Also, one of the Reinholdt's looks quite a bit like a mad scientist, and if I'm wrong we don't lose much.

Next I'd look at those who have been on the wrong wagon(s). I'd say that bladescape is next on my lynch list at the moment.

@Reinholdt: The box, the box! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7krGpeNyA)

Zweisteine
2014-04-10, 04:59 PM
But if Tanar is a hairball, his supposed power makes more sense, especially if he has a win condition of "kill certain cats," or if it's some sort of recruitment power.
I don't think Tanar is suspicious enough to target.

Though bladescape hasn't been all that active, if I remember correctly...

Cristo Meyers
2014-04-10, 06:05 PM
@Reinholdt: The box, the box! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7krGpeNyA)

THE BOX! (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/10203-Vita-Mark-II)

Not perfect, but considerably less...well...tear a guy into pieces graphic.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-10, 07:28 PM
But if Tanar is a hairball, his supposed power makes more sense, especially if he has a win condition of "kill certain cats," or if it's some sort of recruitment power.
I don't think Tanar is suspicious enough to target.

Well still, means killing him can't hurt, and if his goal is to kill Super Kitty and Super Kitty's a Catopian, then it's still good for us. If you can find good reasoning for someone else being a Reinholdt however, then I'll go with that.

Though bladescape hasn't been all that active, if I remember correctly...

Yeah, I know. Fact is, no one who's been talking seems suspicious to me, so I'm left with the silent ones.

Duck999
2014-04-10, 08:00 PM
Will there be another round of gameshow?
Tortured Reinholdts ghost has been waiting for a turn since he died.

banjo1985
2014-04-11, 02:50 AM
Okay, night over, update to come a bit later on.

Reinholdt
2014-04-11, 03:18 AM
Mmmm... yes... The Box.

Gameshow was for catnip and is now over I think.

Pfft. You're probably a Reinholdt cause I'd find it funny. :smalltongue:

Hmmm... no wait, you're probably Cristo Catopian cause Banjo would find it funny. :smallbiggrin:

banjo1985
2014-04-11, 06:18 AM
Night 4

“I wonder where that hole goes to?”

DarkLightDragon glared into the deeper darkness of the hole beneath the gibbet, pitched so far over she looks like she’s going to fall in. Schrodinger’s Reinholdt stands beside her, out of his box, quite literally in fact.

“Banana tricycle trousers.”
“Indeed, Maybe Reinholdt, you make a persuasive argument.”

Both kitties are quite engrossed in their vigil, so neither notice the nefarious ninja and mad scientist kitty creeping up behind them.

“Are they seriously this deaf?”
“Don’t you mean ‘death’?”
“Good point, Ninja Rein. Push em in!”

Both Reinholdt’s barrel bodily into the unsuspecting kitties, knocking them into the bottomless pit.

“Gahhhhh! We’re going to die!”
“Never fear, DLD, for I has a jet pack!”

Sure enough, Reinholdt appears to be wearing a small metallic rucksack on his back, with a big cylinder of catnip connected to it as fuel. It’s amazing no-one noticed it before, really.

“So that’s where all the catnip went!”
“Not all of it! Anyway, hold on to your haddocks!”

Reinholdt flicks a switch on his jetpack, and suddenlt he and DLD kitty find themselves spiralling back up towards the gibbet, powered by a flaming stream of catnip.

“Weeeeeee!”
“No thanks, I went before we started out.”
“Waaaaaaa!”
“Wa? Wa what?”
“We’re out of control, I think I’m gonna crash! Jump clear! Jump, jump like the haddock you are!”

DLD leaps clear, just as the catnip-propelled Schrodinger’s Reinholdt explodes out of the pit and splatters messily against the side of a nearby kitty skyscraper.

“Is the kitty dead, or not dead, when the fireball completely immolates the body? Oops, no, my bad, I’ve just spotted his spinal column.”

Towards the outskirts of Catopia, a little blue kitty in a pointy hat bobs slowly along the pavement, singing as he plays a little ditty on his tiny banjo.

“Protect, protect, protect Catopia from those meanie Reinholdt’s!”

He steps out into the road, as poor Tom the Mime is not a traffic safe kitty. He never even see’s the kitty riding a llama coming.

BAM!

Yuna Kitty skids to a stop, and looks back over her shoulder at the sad blue and red smear on the road.

“Who did I hit?”
“I don’t know, but he was singing. No the done thing for a mime artist.”
“He was a mime? That’s bonus points, isn’t it?”

Don Custard is having very sweet dreams. Endless mice and balls of string, all contained with a magnificent hat bigger than Catopia itself. He’s enjoying it immensely, until his dream turns into a nightmare. A ghostly kitty in a straighjacket appears and takes his hat of paradise away, mad eyes rolling and laughter echoing around a good dream turned bad. Don Custard wakes up just as the laughter reaches a crescendo, covered in sweat and breathing hard.

“Thanks god, it was just a dream. Hey…wait a minute!”

Don Custard howls. Maybe it wasn’t a dream after all. For while his fez remains on his bedside table, the magnificent lion and puppy fur hat he took from Gameshow Reinholdt is gone!

Don Custard bounds out into the street, hungry for revenge, and blasts the first ghostly kitty he sees with a shotgun. This turns out to be the ephemeral Fat Cat, rather than the hat thief.

“Hey boss, no fair. You already sent me to my death once!”
“Never mind that, doofus, find my magnificent hat!”

Summary

DLD was targeted by the Reinholdts, but was saved by Schrodinger’s Reinholdt!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/groucho2_zps911cb0ab.png
Reinholdt was killed by his own catnip-powered jetpack. He was Schrodinger's Reinholdt, a Catopian, again!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/banjothecat_zps4428b61e.png
Tom the Mime was killed by Yuna Kitty and Summoned Llama. He was Banjo Kitty, a Catopian.

Don Custard tried to killed The Phantom, but failed, as the poor kitty snuffed it yesterday.

Helgraf’s ghost stole the magnificent hat from Don Custard!

The following players must vote today to avoid being autolynched:

Arkhosia
Cristo Meyers
DarkLightDragon
Mordokai
The Mad Hatter

Day 5 begins now and will end in 48 hours-ish.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-11, 06:37 AM
The Mad Hatter for disappearing. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2014-04-11, 07:33 AM
Mmmmm... banana trousers. :smallamused:

Ramsus
2014-04-11, 01:18 PM
I will vote for Lex-kat because clearly she's gotta be Lex Luthor Cat. :smalltongue:

Disc Lorde
2014-04-11, 01:20 PM
Haha Ramsus.

Tanar Aerdoth, as stated. Will analyze night later.

Zar Peter
2014-04-11, 02:21 PM
The old cat stumbles to the bus.

A coffee cruise! I hate coffee cruises. Damn relatives!

OOC: Point at Tanar Aerdoth before going on holidays

Zweisteine
2014-04-11, 03:00 PM
Well still, means killing him can't hurt, and if his goal is to kill Super Kitty and Super Kitty's a Catopian, then it's still good for us. If you can find good reasoning for someone else being a Reinholdt however, then I'll go with that.
But why go after someone who might want one of us dead, when Reinholdts do want all of us dead?

Yeah, I know. Fact is, no one who's been talking seems suspicious to me, so I'm left with the silent ones.
No suspicions, you say... That sounds very suspicious, Disc Lorde...

And Zar Peter, for being the first to join a budding bandwagon today. I'll probaby change this before the day's end; it's just a precaution against autolynch risking in case I forget to post later.

Zar Peter
2014-04-11, 03:03 PM
And Zar Peter, for being the first to join a budding bandwagon today. I'll probaby change this before the day's end; it's just a precaution against autolynch risking in case I forget to post later.

It wasn't a bandwagon before I joined so technically speaking I CREATED!!! the bandwagon. The third pointer is the one who joins.

Mordokai
2014-04-11, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm in danger of autolynching, so... reaverb. Because Invisible Castle (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4465145/) tells me so.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-12, 10:45 AM
DarkLightKitten is quite shaken by recent events. She spends most of the time yowling in distress and complaining that her beautiful coat has been messed up and why did that old cat have to drink all her kitten milk when he came and visited?

((Mordokai to avoid autolynch even though I'm going to snuff it. Gonna make you nasty reins work for your seer kill! :smalltongue:))

Cristo Meyers
2014-04-12, 12:05 PM
Pfft. You're probably a Reinholdt cause I'd find it funny. :smalltongue:

Hmmm... no wait, you're probably Cristo Catopian cause Banjo would find it funny. :smallbiggrin:

There's nothing funny about being the Cristo Catopian. Cristo-cat is serious cat. Is serious role.

The problem I'm having is that I only know a couple of the current players at all, so looking at behavior isn't getting me anywhere. Haruki and Mordokai are experienced players, but both are also running games currently so their absences don't really seem notable. Lex-Kat is a sneaksy, sneaksy pixie, and might be the type to sit quietly and pick-off targets of opportunity.

Haruki-kun, though I have to admit I'm grasping at straws here.

Penguinator
2014-04-12, 12:27 PM
Mordokai, to keep things interesting.

Tris
2014-04-12, 02:43 PM
Once again, Count Dingdong, Count Dingding.

Nonayer
2014-04-12, 02:48 PM
I'm going to vote for Disc Lorde and unlike everyone above me I'm actually going to give a few reasons.

First of all because he seems a tad too interested in people revealing their roles... preferably as publicly as possible.
Secondly you've never not had any theories about who might be a wolf (not in the games I've been in at least) but in this one you've been consistently staying out of the arguments.
On the second day you've kept jumping from one bandwagon to another before finally settling on the Murska one when it was clear that he wold be the one getting lynched.
You went along with FC's claim of being a neutral surprisingly fast.

Most importantly though you've posted often enough but never really said anything of substance and every time you wrote really short posts as if you were trying to create the impression of being active but without drawing too much attention on yourself. You might not be a Reinholdt but there's definitely something fishy going on and it's been going on since day one.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-12, 04:00 PM
I'm going to vote for [COLOR="#FF0000"]First of all because he seems a tad too interested in people revealing their roles... preferably as publicly as possible.

What? I never pressured anyone for a roleclaim. I pressured Tom for details once he claimed to be a seer, but that was because I wanted to see whether he was claiming the same role as the role seer who contacted me.

Secondly you've never not had any theories about who might be a wolf (not in the games I've been in at least) but in this one you've been consistently staying out of the arguments.

Wrong. Read the thread again. I've been giving my thoughts on who is or isn't a wolf every day phase.

On the second day you've kept jumping from one bandwagon to another before finally settling on the Murska one when it was clear that he wold be the one getting lynched.

I refine my votes when I get new information, and I explain every vote change I make. That's not suspicious, it's smart.

You went along with FC's claim of being a neutral surprisingly fast.

What do you mean "went along with"? I acknowledged that his claim was a possibility and that we had no reason to lynch him at the time.

Most importantly though you've posted often enough but never really said anything of substance and every time you wrote really short posts as if you were trying to create the impression of being active but without drawing too much attention on yourself. You might not be a Reinholdt but there's definitely something fishy going on and it's been going on since day one.

You think I never really said anything of substance? I'm sorry that you feel that way. I've been giving analysis to the best of my ability.

Count Dingdong
2014-04-12, 04:35 PM
So, Mordokai, I pointed at you yesterday for being quiet, and I'll point at you again for a similar reason today. Except you came back, and posted, which would be good. Except you claim neutral and ask Don Custard not to kill you, followed by a random vote. What I find interesting is that you don't ask the wolves not to kill you, and I wonder why? Looking at the neutral pictures, the living ones seem to be a diseased kitty, a cthulhu kitty (recruiter, I've been thinking? considering his followers are cultists...), and a devil kitty, none of which seem particularly pro-town (diseased was probably the poison hairball; if cthulhu's a recruiter, that will probably end the game; devil's, well, a devil). I ask why we should trust that you're neutral and not Reinholdt (though I do admit Reinholdts doing two neutral claims is rather odd). Maybe it's not worth lynching you, since days can be better spent, but I wonder why Don Custard *shouldn't* kill you? If you're neutral, there's no guarantee that you're out to help town, and you don't count for outnumbering wolves. If you're wolf, well, we can't leave you alive. Bleh, I'm always paranoid about neutral claims, and FC's didn't help. Anyway, give a reason for me to move off you, and I will. There are still other people who are on my quiet list.

Mordokai
2014-04-12, 06:39 PM
I want to live. That should be plenty good reason in and on itself.

Why not asking wolves not to kill me? Because I'm assuming that if I reveal my role to be neutral and ask a village not to kill me, those guys(the wolves) will be smart enough to add two and two together and not waste night kill on me. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but really, I think you're being too paranoid there.

Random voting is in my favor, since it encourages both sides to think I care not for their deaths. It extends my life expectation. And I'm nothing if not pragmatic.

And yeah... that's basically all I have.

reaverb
2014-04-12, 08:43 PM
I want to live. That should be plenty good reason in and on itself....Random voting is in my favor, since it encourages both sides to think I care not for their deaths. It extends my life expectation. And I'm nothing if not pragmatic. If you wanted to live, Mordokai, why didn't you make a semi-honest effort at stabbing a wolf? Same problem as FC relying on this defense - it should be obvious that somebody claiming neutral will be given more suspicion, so it doesn't really make sense to claim neutral unless you're trying to confuse people.

Generally I don't think this game has given any massive hints to who people are, so I think this is reason enough to lynch you, even if normally there would be better leads. I'd like to see you describe your exact powers / win condition / whether your win condition ends the game (was that ever clarified?) / etc. It means that at the very least there's something that can be tested in the future if we don't lynch you.

Sabeki
2014-04-12, 09:18 PM
Well, looks like Mordokai is the flavour of the day.

Helgraf
2014-04-13, 12:16 AM
Renfield Kitty purrs softly to the moon above as its wan light passes through him
bringing a moment's peace to his fractured and fragmented soul
He remembers days gone by and places and times forgotten.
And smiles at the echoes, the pain and pleasure
Sings of paladins and blackguards, of damnation and redemption
And sees the hand of fate pressing down once more on Mordokai
Lets out a brief, planative sigh, wonders why

He adjusts his hat carefully to keep his ears warm
And keeps his head tucked against the oncoming storm

The world has too many colors. Renfield Kitty sings softly in the lunar sea.

Aventine
2014-04-13, 01:21 AM
If you wanted to live, Mordokai, why didn't you make a semi-honest effort at stabbing a wolf?

Why would a neutral want to make an effort at getting a wolf? There is no reason for town to go after a neutral that isn't being actively anti-town (better to try and get wolves). Same for wolves, no reason to go after a neutral that isn't actively helping town (better to kill town). Unless something forces you to one side or the other I think it is best for a neutral player to be neutral. I also think rampant anti-neutral attitude from town is probably the best way to drive neutrals to the wolves.

...it should be obvious that somebody claiming neutral will be given more suspicion, so it doesn't really make sense to claim neutral unless you're trying to confuse people.

Or unless you are neutral?

Generally I don't think this game has given any massive hints to who people are, so I think this is reason enough to lynch you, even if normally there would be better leads.

This is why I am voting for reaverb though instead of the others on the wagon. This just sounds too much like "I can't be bothered to try and work out who the wolves are so I'm gonna lynch a neutral." If you think Mordokai is a Reinholdt lying about being neutral that is understandable, but this sounds to me like trying to lynch a neutral and all that will do is waste time better spent looking for Reinholdts and increase the likelihood of the other neutrals siding with the Reinholdts out of necessity.

I think Sabeki is next on my list now. At least reaverb and Count Dingdong give reasons for going after a claimed neutral, even if I disagree with them. Sabeki seems to be just jumping on a bandwagon because it is a bandwagon.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-13, 03:13 AM
((Whoah, I did not expect people to jump on a placeholder bandwagon just because I started it. And the sudden explosion of said bandwagon after a lack of activity during the majority of the day phase is a bit alarming. Switching vote to reaverb.))

Count Dingdong
2014-04-13, 03:55 AM
I want to live. That should be plenty good reason in and on itself.

Why not asking wolves not to kill me? Because I'm assuming that if I reveal my role to be neutral and ask a village not to kill me, those guys(the wolves) will be smart enough to add two and two together and not waste night kill on me. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but really, I think you're being too paranoid there.

Random voting is in my favor, since it encourages both sides to think I care not for their deaths. It extends my life expectation. And I'm nothing if not pragmatic.

And yeah... that's basically all I have.

That's good enough for me. I realize I'm paranoid about neutral claims, but I still wanted something out of you. I see no reason to lynch you immediately. Now that you've said enough to satisfy me, I'll move on to The Fiery Tower! While I obviously don't know my candy, I do want to know why you've been so quiet.

Castaras
2014-04-13, 04:51 AM
Pointing at tanar . will be able to pay more attention and read by Tuesday, hopefully, factoring in a day of vegetating after dealing with this event >.<

bladescape
2014-04-13, 07:41 AM
The Fiery Tower

reaverb
2014-04-13, 08:45 AM
Why would a neutral want to make an effort at getting a wolf? There is no reason for town to go after a neutral that isn't being actively anti-town (better to try and get wolves).It's part of the asymmetric information game. To a Team Wolf, somebody who tries to attack wolves is just standard. They're completely banal and exactly like almost every other player. There are at least 19 players trying to grab wolves to hide among.

On the other hand, to Team Town, anybody who isn't try to grab wolves is abnormal a needs to be investigated. Even the Wolves at least pretend to try. Since people who are very suspicious don't survive long (since they are lynched) somebody trying to claim neutral is suspicious enough to be voted on. In addition, managing to get the image of being neutral is very desirable to wolves, since it gives them an excuse to A) Not be night-killed by the Wolves B) Avoid getting affected by the Town.

Even Zar Peter mentioned it a while back:

No one trust us neutrals anymore :smallfrown:

(Also, where exactly is Mordokai's neutral claim? I can't find it, even though I searched through the thread enough to find that Zar Peter quote)

Zweisteine
2014-04-13, 10:23 AM
Claiming neutral will only help you if we have any evidence that someone is a wolf. It's better to intentionally kill a possibly dangerous neutral than to accidentally kill a certainly harmless villager.

Count Dingdong
2014-04-13, 10:59 AM
(Also, where exactly is Mordokai's neutral claim? I can't find it, even though I searched through the thread enough to find that Zar Peter quote)

See above.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-13, 11:44 AM
Well, we are some confused kitties today. Here's the current vote standings:

Tanar Aerdoth: 3 (Disc Lorde, Zar Peter, castaras)
reaverb: 3 (Mordokai, Aventine, DLD)
Mordokai: 3 (Reaverb, Sabeki, Aventine)
The Fiery Tower: 2 (Count Dingdong, bladescape)
The Mad Hatter: 1 (Lex-Kat)
Lex-Kat: 1 (Ramsus)
Zar Peter: 1 (Zweistine)
Haruki-Kun: 1 (Cristo Meyers)
Count Dingdong: 1 (Tanar Aerdoth)
Disc Lorde: 1 (Nonayer)

So, yeah, we're set to lynch no fewer than 3 kitties today if no one changes their vote. I notice that several of us have gone with joke or throwaway votes. May I suggest that these cats move to one of the real wagons?

I'd prefer that we lynch Tanar, as I don't see any reason to think that the others might be Reinholdts, while I think that Tanar may be mad scientist rein, as I've said.

Day ends whenever Banjo gets back on, so hurry up!

Penguinator
2014-04-13, 11:49 AM
*snip*

My vote's on Mordokai, but it's not listed on your list.

Zweisteine
2014-04-13, 11:52 AM
I had Zar as a placeholder, so I think I'll go for Reaverb. It's not personal, but I don't think Mordokai is suspicious, I don't think Tanar is a Reinholdt, and I don't want a triple kill.

I don't want to kill any of these guys, so it looks like I'm back to Zar Peter to keep as few dead as possible.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-13, 11:55 AM
My vote's on Mordokai, but it's not listed on your list.

Ah, missed that. This forums needs a search function for red text.

Updates list:

Mordokai: 4 (Reaverb, Sabeki, Aventine, Penguinator)
reaverb: 3 (Mordokai, Aventine, DLD)
Tanar Aerdoth: 3 (Disc Lorde, Zar Peter, castaras)
The Fiery Tower: 2 (Count Dingdong, bladescape)
The Mad Hatter: 1 (Lex-Kat)
Lex-Kat: 1 (Ramsus)
Zar Peter: 1 (Zweistine)
Haruki-Kun: 1 (Cristo Meyers)
Count Dingdong: 1 (Tanar Aerdoth)
Disc Lorde: 1 (Nonayer)

I don't think either Mordokai or reaverb are suspicious. I still want to go after Tanar.

Count Dingdong
2014-04-13, 11:57 AM
Checking the vote tally, Mordokai has three votes (Penguinator, reaverb, Sabeki). You put Aventine instead of Penguinator? Also, the update has Zweisteine on reaverb, which pushes him ahead to four votes. Which on pre-post edit, I see you've added. Except you said reaverb instead of Zweisteine voted for him.

Arkhosia and The Mad Hatter still have to vote to avoid autolynch, I believe...

Zweisteine
2014-04-13, 11:58 AM
Better idea: Have a second vote in each post.

Example:

I want to vote for Zweisteine. (pretend that was in red)

[More post here.]

Vote for: Zweisteine

Then do a find for "Vote for:" and record the next word for each result.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-13, 12:06 PM
Updated the vote counts in my last post, should be accurate now.

Zweisteine
2014-04-13, 12:09 PM
Y'know what, I like confusing the votes. Back to Reaverb.

I really hope he's Reinholdt.

EDIT:
Y'know, I don't actually want to risk a double lynch. Death to bladescape, who has no votes!

I really need to get some sleep.

Count Dingdong
2014-04-13, 12:36 PM
Updated the vote counts in my last post, should be accurate now.

...you still have Aventine voting for both Mordokai and reaverb. He's only voting for reaverb... There's currently a triple lynch between reaverb, Mordokai, and Tanar Aerdoth.

Tris
2014-04-13, 12:45 PM
Well, I know Mordokai isn't Super Cat because he's claiming neutral, and I don't want to be lynched, so Mordokai, Mordokai

banjo1985
2014-04-13, 01:36 PM
Day is now over, but update won't come until tomorrow. Anyone who still wants to save themselves from autolynch, post before I update and I may let you off.

Mordokai
2014-04-13, 02:25 PM
I swear, it almost looks you waited to get me hanged...

If I'd knew that would happen. I would at least take Tanar down with me...

Oh well, before I die... as Aventine mentioned somewhere above, I hope the rest of the neutrals make life harder for you guys. Because you damn well deserve it.

EDIT: in fact, you know what? Tanar, on the off chance it will actually work. Because I'm a petty jerk like that.

Aventine
2014-04-13, 04:33 PM
On the other hand, to Team Town, anybody who isn't try to grab wolves is abnormal a needs to be investigated. Even the Wolves at least pretend to try.

Honestly, your logic is getting all confused. Wolves at least pretend to try and find wolves in order to throw suspicion off of themselves, so anyone not looking for wolves is suspicious. Isn't that the opposite of true? But even worse:

Generally I don't think this game has given any massive hints to who people are, so I think this is reason enough to lynch you, even if normally there would be better leads.

Like I said before, this sounds to me like you are content to lynch a neutral without making any effort to do analysis and find wolves. If people (like Mordokai) who don't put in an effort to find wolves should be lynched, then by your own logic we should lynch you.

banjo1985
2014-04-14, 04:47 AM
Don Custard is not a happy mayor. To be honest, he has never been a particularly happy mayor, but the loss of his magnificent hat has sent him onto an entirely different level of angry. Today, his remaining Catopia City Catia have bought in three suspects for him to question, but the signs do not look good.

For a start, only one of the kitties is actually wearing a hat.

“So, you’s guys know who nicked my magnificent hat?”

The three kitties shake their heads in unison.
“Have you seen Alice? She’s awfully late for tea!”
“Cathulhu ftagn!”
“Brains…”

Don Custard grabs the red fez from the top of his furry head and flails at the assembled kitties with it.

“Ya see this?! This stupid heap’a crap is what I’m stuck with now that some doofus stole my lion and puppy fur hat!D’ya know how that makes me feel?”

“Tentacley?”
“…Brains…”
“Mad?”

Don Custard makes a pistol shape with his paw at the last kitty to speak.

“Bingo! Mad, sir is an understatement. I like your chutzpah, kid, you’re safe. Nice hat, by the way.”

Custard turns to the brain-infatuated kitty and raises an eyebrow.

“Now you look a bit scruffy and grey around the ears. Suspicious like. I just got one question for ya – What would you say is my best feature?”
“…Brains…?”
“Haha! I like you too kid, flattery will get you everywhere!”

Don Custard turns to the betentacled kitty and draws his real gun.

“Okay weirdo, time to die.”
“Change places!”

Suddenly, it’s the kitty in the hat that’s in front of him. Then the brain-befuddled kitty, then tentacle kitty again. It’s like a high speed carousel, with the three kitties trading places in front of him faster than Don Custard can follow.

“Ah, to hell with this! No-one makes a fool outta Custard!”

Don Custard is not a patient kitty. He levels his machine gun and fires the full belt of ammo from the hip, spraying all three kitties with a hail of deadly bullets. The three kitties slump to the floor, and the tentacle kitty quickly begins to dissolve between the floorboards in a weird sticky green liquid.

“Change places now, you jokers.”

All three kitties appear dead, though to be fair one was pretty dead already. However:

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Summary

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/catulhu_zpsd35e359d.png
Mordokai was lynched. He was Catulhu, a Hairball who had not yet achieved his victory condition.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/festy_zps5a92ba38.png
Arkhosia was autolynched. She was Zombie Kitty, a Catopian.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/CatHatter_zpsd065f466.png
Mad Hatter was autolynched. He was The Mad Catter, a Catopian.

Night 5 begins now and will end in 24 hours. I’m shortening night phases as workload decreases, so we can keep the game moving. Get your actions in asap.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-14, 03:47 PM
((If the great Don could contact me ASAP, that'd be great. I have something kinda maybe really urgent to tell them when I'm less sleepy and more coherent.))

Disc Lorde
2014-04-14, 03:50 PM
Well, that's nice.

We have almost exactly 13 hours until night's over. (Plus Banjo-getting-to-update time.)

banjo1985
2014-04-15, 04:42 AM
Night over folks, prepare for another special event!

- - - Updated - - -

Night 5

Three kitties stand in the middle of the kitty litter field, doing their ablutions and cleaning themselves in that languid, unhurried way that the most refined of kitties have. Beholder Kitty, Super Kitty, and Astronomer Kitty eye each other warily, looking for telltale grey fur or madly rolling eyes. Beholder kitty has something of an advantage in this regard, it has to be said.

“I have my eye on you. Well, I’ll keep my main eye on one of you, and my eye stalks on the other.”
“Look all you want, Beholder Kitty, for no kitty can penetrate my mild-mannered alter ego, to find out that I am in fact, Super Kitty! …Oops.”
“Hah! Just as I expected. Prepare to die Super Kitty, for I am your nemesis, Tanar-omer the Astronomer!”
“…Why do I have an astronomer as an arch-nemesis?”
“I imagine the narrator just shoe-horned the mechanic in to create the last role he needed to start the game.”
“Would he really be that slap-dash?”
“You’d be surprised.”
“I really wouldn’t.”

The two kitties square off, with Beholder kitty watching on the sidelines.

Then a giant red circus tent squashes all three kitties flat. I guess Beholder kitty could be surprised, after all.

The huge circus tent appears to have a giant paper mache foot outside the draped entrance, and a jaunty trumpet tune plays from deep within the shadowed interior.

As the dawn sun appears over the horizon, who of the assembled kitties and Reinholdts will dare to venture inside?

Summary

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/beholderkitty_zpsd427e0ed.png
DarkLightDragon was killed by the Reinholdts. She was Beholder Kitty, an important Catopian role!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/kidkris_zps5d7cd63d.png
Lex-kat was killed by Don Custard. She was Super Kitty, a Catopian.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/ZarPeter_zps19136333.png
Tanar Aerdoth was killed by Yuna Kitty and Summoned Llama. He was Astronomer Kitty, a Catopian and arch nemesis of Super Kitty.

Monty Persians Flying Circus has come to Catopia! During this day phase you can buy a ticket for one of the following events, by including it in green in your post. Each event will take place during the night phase, and dead kitties are welcome to join in too!

Safari Fish Duelling
The 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race
Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam

The following players must vote today to avoid autolynch:

Haruki-kun
LoP
Mangosta71
The Fiery Tower

Day 6 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.

Zweisteine
2014-04-15, 05:56 AM
Zweikatzen finishes grooming himself and wanders off into the town.

A circus? Interesting...

I think I'll enter the The 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race.

Tanar not being a Reinholdt or Hairball seriously throws off my calculations... This is bad. Also, we have 13 Catopian deaths to 2 Reinholdts...

Duck999
2014-04-15, 06:21 AM
Tortured Reinholdt was watching the battle also. When the circus tent crushed the, he floated right through.
Maybe I'll try out some Safari Fish Dueling he thinks out loud.

Reinholdt
2014-04-15, 06:29 AM
Ohhh Ohhh... you'll be sleeping with da fishies, da delicious, delicious fishies, when Reinholdt's through with ya. Or the Don of Condiments. Or the Llama herd summoner. Do Llamas even like fishies?

Safari Fish Duelling

Murska
2014-04-15, 06:40 AM
Hm. Many of the upper class tend to forget the proper way for one of high breed to act. Noblesse oblige, and it obliges us to be the most cunning, manipulative bastards of the pack. That is why we hold and deserve to hold our titles, estates and riches.

2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year race shall be mine.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-15, 07:43 AM
Spam? Ugh, that is such low-class fare. I should rather attend the The 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race. The prettiest and most athletic of felines are sure to be present.

It is evident that Beholder Kitty feels most displeased about her death. Not just because she's dead, but what a humiliating way to expire!

And now for something completely different: That ghost in the horribly tacky gameshow garb.

You call yourself upper class? Your outfit is incredibly unflattering! Why, it looks like a craft project that some mewling kitten has pieced together out of sequins and scratching post material!

((*salutes* It's been great living, and totally worth going out to bring FC down with me. :smallbiggrin:))

Castaras
2014-04-15, 08:11 AM
SPAM spam spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAM SPAMMITY Spam spam SPAMMITY SPAAAAM!

Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam Spam spam SPAM SPAM spam spam SPAMMITY spam spam spam SPAM SPAM Spam.

spam

Spam.

*grabs viking hat, pillages lindesfarne*

Cristo Meyers
2014-04-15, 08:19 AM
Hm. Many of the upper class tend to forget the proper way for one of high breed to act. Noblesse oblige, and it obliges us to be the most cunning, manipulative bastards of the pack. That is why we hold and deserve to hold our titles, estates and riches.

2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year race shall be mine.

You forgot the casual murder of rival claimants, opposing nobles, opponents in influence, contesting peasants, and really just about anyone that looks at us crossways.

2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year race

Reinholdt
2014-04-15, 08:38 AM
You call yourself upper class? Your outfit is incredibly unflattering! Why, it looks like a craft project that some mewling kitten has pieced together out of sequins and scratching post material!

I'll have you know those were top of the line scratching posts!

Spam
:smalleek:

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-15, 09:22 AM
I'll have you know those were top of the line scratching posts!

*sniff* Scratching post material is for scratching. But please, do continue, and also tell me more about those banana pants. We never did finish our conversation...

Helgraf
2014-04-15, 10:44 AM
(((Ummm, it's dayphase ... shouldn't the living players still be lynch voting for people in red in the classic fashion [[e.g. reaverb]] in addition to the green votes? Or is everybody who has voted in green so far also dead like me?))

Renkitty wanders into Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam...

Zweisteine
2014-04-15, 11:06 AM
(((Ummm, it's dayphase ... shouldn't the living players still be lynch voting for people in red in the classic fashion [[e.g. reaverb]] in addition to the green votes? Or is everybody who has voted in green so far also dead like me?))
Two days in a row, the dead cat Helgraf has spoken a name in red. I'm not sure, but my cursory vote count yesterday (which did not include Helgraf) put Tanar ahead of Mordokai, whose name Helgraf spoke in red. Again, I might have miscounted, but it's suspicous that he would see the need to use an actual name as an example. He could have just commented that we should be voting in red.

There's also the obvious conclusion: We don't know who to vote for yet, so we haven't voted. Half of the people who have posted are dead anyway...

mangosta71
2014-04-15, 11:32 AM
The Dread Kitten Roberts bounds toward the tent to investigate the desecration of the most holy of Catopian sites, the sacred field of kitty litter.

((I'm torn. The Upper Class Twit of the Year is one of my favorite skits, but Safari Fish Dueling seems more in character.

Placeholder at The Fiery Tower to avoid AL.))

Ramsus
2014-04-15, 01:27 PM
I'll go for Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam. Not sure to vote for. Heck, not even sure who's still alive. I miss the old tables.

Penguinator
2014-04-15, 02:44 PM
Why TFT specifically, mangosta? You've also been rather quiet.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-15, 03:37 PM
I love Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam! :smallbiggrin:

Spam? Ugh, that is such low-class fare. I should rather attend the The 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race. The prettiest and most athletic of felines are sure to be present.
:smalleek: Uh, I mean. Yeah, I can't wait for the 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race. I most certainly wouldn't want to miss that. Ghost Super Kitty flies around, doing loop-de-loops.

mangosta71
2014-04-15, 04:12 PM
Why TFT specifically, mangosta? You've also been rather quiet.
I've been pretty busy IRL, and I knew TFT was still alive because he's on the AL list. :smalltongue:

Murska
2014-04-15, 07:00 PM
You forgot the casual murder of rival claimants, opposing nobles, opponents in influence, contesting peasants, and really just about anyone that looks at us crossways.

But my man, that goes without saying.

Hmph. You know you are middle-class when you follow trends, instead of setting them. I do not care if my outfit is not beautiful, for it is a symbol of power. The only kind of power that matters in this society - influence. Even while I am dead, I can still affect the actions and thoughts of those who tread my city. Besides, I don't expect your current outfit to look very fashionable in five years, once you realize that you can't switch clothes while dead but trends come and go.

Look, there's two prestigious ways to be an upper class twit. One is the classic 'annoying idiot' route, where you act snobbish and keep saying stuff like "Wait 'till my father hears of this!" when defeated, but never amount to much of anything. The much more effective and aesthetically pleasing is the other method. You can be the ruthless, pragmatic and genuinely dangerous person who runs everything that happens behind the scenes, setting yourself up to profit no matter what happens and ensuring you are hated by the protagonists even as they can find no way to convince anyone of your guilt or hinder your plans. You're guaranteed to be part of the end-boss cast at least, if not the annoying guy who survives and profits even in the end as the 'heroes' cannot find the time and opportunity to put him down while fighting worse threats.

Tris
2014-04-15, 08:54 PM
I love Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam! :smallbiggrin:

:smalleek: Uh, I mean. Yeah, I can't wait for the 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race. I most certainly wouldn't want to miss that. Ghost Super Kitty flies around, doing loop-de-loops.

Well, I can't miss an opportunity to compete with my apparent nemesis. 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race

Aventine
2014-04-16, 03:31 AM
Well I am going to just repeat my vote from yesterday: reaverb.

And I guess Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-16, 04:59 AM
Hmph. You know you are middle-class when you follow trends, instead of setting them. I do not care if my outfit is not beautiful, for it is a symbol of power. The only kind of power that matters in this society - influence. Even while I am dead, I can still affect the actions and thoughts of those who tread my city. Besides, I don't expect your current outfit to look very fashionable in five years, once you realize that you can't switch clothes while dead but trends come and go.

Oh, I simply hate when horrid little pests like you have a point! Wait... me, out of date? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zar Peter
2014-04-16, 06:58 AM
point at reaverb until better targets are shown (and I'm omline)

Upper class twits of the yera for the win!

Zweisteine
2014-04-16, 08:07 AM
I don't like this Reaverb bandwagon that's starting... Mostly because it's started for no reason at all.

Castaras
2014-04-16, 10:41 AM
*points at Aventine due to being the first name on the front page list that's alive*

Don't like the Reaverb bandwagon either. Will look at things closer at some point and see if I can do some analysis.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-16, 12:07 PM
"I wish Aric Kitty were here. He would have liked this, especially the Safari Fish Dueling."

bladescape, as stated before.

Cristo Meyers
2014-04-16, 12:52 PM
bladescape

Ramsus
2014-04-16, 12:58 PM
What's your reasoning for Bladescape again?

Disc Lorde
2014-04-16, 01:06 PM
Being on the ThePhantom wagon and not on the Murska wagon, and being quiet. Better than reaverb, at least, but still, if you've got a better target I'd like to hear it.

Ramsus
2014-04-16, 01:38 PM
Actually I was looking for any good logic to vote for anyone, so Bladescape it is.

LoP
2014-04-16, 02:29 PM
Constable Kitty will be making his rounds at the 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race, tipped off that there would be illegal, off the books gambling going on and probably underage catnip use. Gotta keep the Catopians safe and in line, can't have unlawful activity going on in his city meow.

((Definitely my preferred MP skit; and I'll back the bladescape inquest. Hopefully he'll be motivated to offer some analysis.))

Penguinator
2014-04-16, 02:48 PM
I'll go for the Safari Fish Dueling, I suppose.

reaverb
2014-04-16, 06:08 PM
I don't like this Reaverb bandwagon that's starting... Mostly because it's started for no reason at all. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. (Although I'm surprised Zweisteine said this because he voted for me yesterday). Does anybody care to explain this logic? Particularly since there are several people on the bandwagon I feel are probably town. (Thank you Aventine for your explanation earlier but people were voting for me before I voted on Cthulhu).

I'm voting for Bladescape (Quietness and survival) and for the Safari Fish Duelling.

Count Dingdong
2014-04-16, 06:16 PM
Bleh, I thought I'd posted. And, again, I ask The Fiery Tower what's up with him and why he's been so quiet. You've been sorta around in other games, though I guess you've disappeared. I hope you get on and can answer this...

Also, this has been a rather fast bladescape wagon. Is there much of any logic on it? Well, aside from quiet, I guess... meh. Safari Fish Dueling! Yum!

Aventine
2014-04-16, 07:38 PM
I don't like this Reaverb bandwagon that's starting... Mostly because it's started for no reason at all.

I voted for him for the same reason I did yesterday: I felt like he was trying to turn people against neutrals without solid reasons that either a) they were not actually neutral, or b) they were a real threat to town. I think there is too much anti-neutral thinking going on and it benefits the Reinholdts. A day spent lynching a neutral is a day not spent trying to lynch Reinholdts and thus good for them and bad for town. Add to that the fact that if town makes it clear they are anti-neutral it will just force the neutrals to side with Reinholdts out of necessity. So, I think there is a good chance there is a Reinholdt pushing the anti-neutral thing and reaverb's arguments yesterday seemed off to me.

Penguinator
2014-04-16, 08:37 PM
Just a thought, but we don't exactly have narrator confirmation that Mordokai was pro-town.

Cthulhu does not exactly conjure images of love of cats.

Lex-Kat
2014-04-16, 08:51 PM
Maybe he... Oh, I'm dead. :smalleek: Sorry.

Fleeing Coward
2014-04-16, 11:00 PM
Guess I'll go with Safari Fish Duelling just to see what these so called mini events are like.

Haruki-kun
2014-04-16, 11:35 PM
Sorry, forgot about this. Bladescape.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-16, 11:52 PM
((Mwahaha. I adore the Vic the Viking skit, but Beholder Kitty isn't having any of it. I know how you feel, other person who chose an event for the purposes of being in-character.))

TFT
2014-04-17, 12:41 AM
Ugh, sorry. I've been busy with school stuff for the majority of the last couple of weeks, but the rest of this week looks pretty stable so I'm really really hoping to have analysis of some kind up by friday at the latest.

I'm going to point at reaverb right now, though. The counterwagon blew up pretty fast for bladescape and that's making me a bit wary.

Oh, and vic the viking's hall of spam.

I have no clue if that's the right green. Oh well.

Tom the Mime
2014-04-17, 01:28 AM
I'd normally choose Safari Fish Duelling but as a fool, I have to enter the 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Race.

Nonayer
2014-04-17, 03:22 AM
Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam sounds absolutely marvelous so I'm going there. I'm also voting for bladescape for now but I hope I'll come back with a better idea if I'm not too pressed for time and my internet connection holds.

banjo1985
2014-04-17, 03:43 AM
Just a thought, but we don't exactly have narrator confirmation that Mordokai was pro-town.

Cthulhu does not exactly conjure images of love of cats.

I specified that Catulhu was a Hairball in the summary, but that's it. I imagine that if Catulhu was pro-anything, it was pro-Catulhu. :smalltongue:

Day ends in a couple of hours now, narration may take a while to write up the instructions for special events and whatnot.

banjo1985
2014-04-17, 06:47 AM
Day 6

After some initial trepidation, the kitties of Catopia, Catopians and Reinholdt’s alike, are only too eager to sample the delights of Monty Persian’s Flying Circus. In the end, only Sabeki and Haruki-kun remain outside, on the premise of guarding the empty city from any hidden Reinholdts. Truth is, they’re just scared.

In the rush to get in, poor Bladescape is trampled to mush, having chosen to cross in front of the tent entrance at entirely the wrong time. In many ways, he may be the luckiest of all of us.

Summary

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Little_Spanish_Flea/Cat%20Fight/renfield_zps2dd49b14.png
Bladescape was lynched. He was Renkitty, a Catopian!

No-one was autolynched. Hurray!

And now time for something completely different:

Monty Persian's Flying Circus!

Contestants and instructions for Monty Persian’s Flying Circus:

Safari Fish Duelling

Contestants: Count Dingdong, Reinholdt, Disc Lorde, Duck999, Fleeing Coward, Mangosta71, Penguinator, Reaverb.

“Eight of you, how splendid. Yes indeed!” A wheedling little kitty in safari garb croons as you step into the tent. “Pick your fish, and have at it! The winner of each battle will get to keep their fish! It doesn’t even matter if you’re dead, everything is possible here in Monty Persians!”

Four sets of matching fish are arrayed in metal briefcases around the edge of the arena, of varying sizes. RP your fishy duel, and at the end of the Easter weekend, whoever has performed the best in each matchup will be announced as the winner!

Matchups:

Count Dingdong vs Reinholdt
Duelling Fish – A pair of piranhas

Fleeing Coward vs Mangosta71
Duelling Fish: A very large haddock

Penguinator vs Reaverb
Duelling Fish: A puffer fish

Disc Lorde vs Duck999
Duelling “Fish”: A confused Mallard

2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year Awards

Contestants: Cristo Meyers, DarkLightDragon, Lex-kat, LoP, Murska, Tanar Aerdoth, Tom the Mime, Zar Peter, Zweisteine.

“Nine kitties, nine! That breaks our record, what, what, back in 2007 we only had sixteen twits. Not a very big number at all.”

You are welcomed by a tall, aristocratic looking kitty in a bowler hat and monocle, an effect that is somewhat spoiled by each being in completely the wrong place. The kitty adjusts his monocle on the top of his furry bonce, takes his bowler hat from over his left eye and begins to buff at it with a handkerchief.

“Can’t see a bloody thing through this, don’t you know. No wonder daddy told me to take it off. I’m Oliver Zinc-Trumpet Kitty by the way, and I shall be your lavatory attendant for the weekend.”

Oliver leads you through a draped doorway, and out into what looks very much like an open field in the middle of the English countryside. Various obstacles and cunning tasks are set out around the field, including an intimidating two matchstick box jump, and the inevitable kick the tramp area. Several kitty mannequins wait at the end of the course, for the amazing feat of taking off a lady-kitties bra!

“See here chaps, the pride of all upper class twit-kitties is at stake here. I’m not allowed to enter as I’m far too jelly…I mean, sensible to qualify! There’s no set order for the course, and you can make up your own bits if you like, just have at it and make the biggest twit of yourselves that you possibly can! Oh, and do try not to kill each other.”

So yes, assembled twit kitties, your task is to make the biggest twit of yourselves as possible, working together or going solo, however you desire. At the end of the Easter weekend I’ll rate a top three, and the 2014 Upper Class Twit of the Year will receive a very special prize, and rtruly, honestly, won’t die! Not even a bit! Promise.

Vic the Vikings Hall of Spam

Contestants: Aventine, Castaras, Helgraf, Nonayer, Ramsus, The Fiery Tower.

“Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spammity spam, wonderful spam, spam, spam, spam…”

The catchy tune rings through the right-hand section of the tent as you brave kitties step inside. As you move down the drape-lined corridor the chant gets louder and more fervent, until it reaches a crescendo as you enter a darkened room.

“SPAM!”

A dozen Viking kitties sit around a long wooden table, swinging tankards of mead around to the tune of their own voices as they chant. Most go quiet as the gaggle of kitties enter, except for the tiny kitty on the end, whose oversized helmet has fallen completely over his eyes.

“Spammity-”
“Shut-up Ceefer, we have guests.”

The biggest Viking kitty stands and welcomes you to the table with out flung gauntleted paws.

“Hello kitties of the heathen lands. I am Vic the Viking kitty, and this is my hall of spam.”

Fiery torches light up in sconces around the fake stone walls, which when you think about it is quite dangerous in a circus tent. The light illuminates a veritable mountain of tinned spam along every wall, so high it reaches up to the darkened tent roof.

Vic the Viking puts his hands on his hips.

“What, you were expecting proper exhibits or something? Nay, the natural canned form is the only way to display the sacred spam.”

“Spam, spam, spam, spam-”
“Quiet! Bloody vikings…Anyway, the thing is, we have too much of this damn stuff. Do you have any idea of what to do with it…something that doesn’t require opening the cans and eating the damn stuff? The tiny keys always come off and you end up digging at the edges with a spoon…”

Yes, you guys need to come up with the best, funniest, or most entertaining use for a hundred thoausand tins of spam. Who ever comes up with the use the Viking kitties like the most will be given a point hat and tin of spam of their very own!

None of these games are mandatory, their just for gits and shiggles, and to bridge the gap over Easter where I’m unable to post much. The winner of each little minigame will receive a game related boon though, so it’s worth a pop.

Night 6 begins now and will end on Tuesday. Night actions are still going on, so don’t forget to send them in!

mangosta71
2014-04-17, 08:10 AM
"Avast, ye matey!" The Dread Kitten Roberts pounces on his fish and gnaws on it for a moment before remembering that he's supposed to be dueling. Noticing the complete and utter lack of response from the haddock, he plants a paw on it and declares himself victorious.

Penguinator
2014-04-17, 08:27 AM
Poppa Penguinator sat in his floating chair, stroking the cat in his lap. "Haha, a fight, is it? Reinholdt, I choose you!"
"Boss, this isn't Pokemon..."
"Quiet, Rico, or I'll stuff you back into the ball..."

The cat leapt from the Dyviil's lap, flipping a couple of times impressively before landing, of course, on its feet. It eyed its opponent warily, then leapt at the briefcase, selecting a pufferfish. He bopped it on the ground once, to inflate it. He waited for his opponent to make the first move; it was only fair, after all. ...But then again, Reinholdts never played fair. He leapt at his opponent before he had even taken up a fish to defend himself.

Duck999
2014-04-17, 01:03 PM
((Time to have a week stuffed full of Monty Python references. This should be fun.))
Tortured Kitty picks up his confused mallard.
Couldn't you have at least given us a herring, with which we could have cut down a mighty tree? That would be a true contest.
He stares at his opponent.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-17, 01:47 PM
"Mallards? Well, I guess they're semi-aquatic. Wouldn't be my first choice of weapons, but the canny cat can connive. Let's get dangerous."

Disc Lorde takes his mallard and faces off against his opponent. After a few seconds, he throws his mallard at his opponent. The mallard flaps and quacks.

Ramsus
2014-04-17, 02:08 PM
*takes as many cans as he can and starts stripping them for parts or using the cans as is to create a miles long (and perhaps tall and wide as well) rube goldberg contraption that has many "entry" and "exit" spots, designed to deliver, in mid to high velocity projectile manner, any piece of mail or parcel, weighing no more than half a ton, attached to a can of spam anywhere in the country*

(The spam itself counts as "parts" as it can be used as spackle or glue as well as, with certain amounts of chemical ingenuity, a combustible material.)

Duck999
2014-04-17, 02:12 PM
"Mallards? Well, I guess they're semi-aquatic. Wouldn't be my first choice of weapons, but the canny cat can connive. Let's get dangerous."

Disc Lorde takes his mallard and faces off against his opponent. After a few seconds, he throws his mallard at his opponent. The mallard flaps and quacks.

The mallard hits the tortured cats arm, causing a small scratch.
Tis but a scratch

He charges, wildly waving his wonderful water animal.

Disc Lorde
2014-04-17, 02:27 PM
The mallard hits the tortured cats arm, causing a small scratch.
Tis but a scratch

He charges, wildly waving his wonderful water animal.

"Huh, so it is. I'd better...duck!" Disc Lorde ducks the duck and goes to retrieve his own. He fails as his fowl flees, but manages to grasp a pawful of feathers, which he then uses to tickle his opponent!

bladescape
2014-04-17, 02:35 PM
*Applause*

Let's lynch the guy who everyone knows is busy IRL for being quiet. Because this makes so much sense. :smallannoyed:

Yes, I know, not the only reason. But this is not the first time this has happened and I'm just about tired of it.

Zweisteine
2014-04-17, 02:57 PM
I don't actually know exactly what a twit is... To the interwebs!

Define twit: A silly or foolish person.

Well, that sucks. I don't know how to be silly or foolish... Shoot.

Let's lynch the guy who everyone knows is busy IRL for being quiet. Because this makes so much sense. :smallannoyed:
I feel for you... I was just lynched in another game for the grand crime of... following the narrator's public instructions to roleplay as a villager! I posted to defend msyelf literally one minute before the first day ended...

Penguinator
2014-04-17, 03:08 PM
I feel for you... I was just lynched in another game for the grand crime of... following the narrator's public instructions to roleplay as a villager! I posted to defend msyelf literally one minute before the first day ended...

No, your heinous crime had nothing to do with your roleplaying, as several people mentioned in that game. Your "crime" was asking who to kill, which several of us have seen as poor attempts at faking villager.

Helgraf
2014-04-17, 04:43 PM
Renkitty turns on his head, staring, legs akimbo but otherwise in situ, at the wall of spam before him. He is a titch distracted by the death of the catopian who resembled him so strongly.

The fire in his brain - or perhaps it is the lingering remnants of spectral catnip; for struth, without a body proper, there was no brain to be afflicted, only an echo, an æthyr construct until the Master provided him with new flesh.

New flesh ... there was an idea. Now, of course, there but remained convincing the Vikings to construct what was needful.

"I look at these cansm, and I see in my eye towering giants of meat and metal. The special paramilitary armor maneuvers division.

What enemy, upon seeing such metal giants, armed and primed with the power of the greatest meat by-product known to man, could do aught but tremble?!

And should they find their courage and seek battle with these tinkey colossi; then their blades and mauls shall be their undoing; for to breach the armour is to release the potent odor of the cured product within; and few indeed are those capable of withstanding such an assail upon the senses.

Spam and wire shall make super soldiers; aye, verily their keys shall unify them; shall link them one to the other until they make the very measure of a man's shape; but grown! Aye, grown tall and full."

The Renkitty paused to regard the vikings. "And should none have the stones to assail our mighty Vikings, then these giants could be put one against the other, to form a rock'em and sock'em brawl against one another. The loser of such a brawl must henceforth consume the spam knocked free from their warrior in the fight.

"Such a spectacle as has never been seen before in Viking history; and indeed, likely never to pass again unless once more your levels of spam become a horror so great as to rival the Twilight of the Gods itself."

((tl;dr version: Make massive tin-can warriors out of the spam cans. And if you get bored, have the SPAM Colossi fight one another rock'em sock'em robots style.))

Zweisteine
2014-04-17, 06:05 PM
No, your heinous crime had nothing to do with your roleplaying, as several people mentioned in that game. Your "crime" was asking who to kill, which several of us have seen as poor attempts at faking villager.
Forgot about that... I still don't get how that was suspicious... Ah well...

Zweikatzen stands a moment before Oliver Zinc-Trumpet Kitty for a moment, before walking forward and settling down atop the two-matchbox jump.

This is a fitting place for me to rest, I think. Please do not disturb me.

Tris
2014-04-17, 08:43 PM
"Ugh, why did I pick this one," Astronomer Kitty sighs. "It's rather insulting to my intelligence. Just for a silly rivalry. I guess, I'll just try to hinder my opponent."

Duck999
2014-04-17, 08:51 PM
"Huh, so it is. I'd better...duck!" Disc Lorde ducks the duck and goes to retrieve his own. He fails as his fowl flees, but manages to grasp a pawful of feathers, which he then uses to tickle his opponent!

Tortured Reinholdt begins to laugh uncontralably, managing to say
It's... just... HAHA... a... flesh... HAHA... wound.
Tortured Reinholdt swings with his weapon, aiming for the feet, but will probably hit the floor because he is laughing to hard.
((Must, stop, acting, like the black knight...))

Reinholdt
2014-04-18, 01:30 AM

how to be silly or foolish... Shoot.

Shoot.

BAM!
A shot rings out from a sniper rifle as the crowd gasps, applauds, or just continues sleeping, dreaming of The Box.
Ahha! Got 'em!
*whisper whisper*
Whaddya mean in the wrong script? This is a duel, isn't it?
*whisper whisper*
You mean I'm NOT supposed to kill the Twits for points? What kind of terrible duel is this anyways?
*whisper whisper*
FIIIIIINE, I'll leave them alone and just go kill that other guy then. Locked and loaded.
*whisper whisper*
NO GUNS?! What sort of British nonsense is this?!
Reinholdt tosses his rifle on the ground in a huff and storms offstage. He returns to the proper contest with a harpoon gun, his piranha speared on the pointy end.
Honestly, expecting cats to follow the rules. Humbug!
Reinholdt fires his piranha-harpoon at Count Dingdong.

DarkLightDragon
2014-04-18, 07:26 AM
Beholder Kitty is not amused, but decides she may as well try for the prize. She's already dead-how much more humiliating can things get? She prances fabulously along the straight line, but runs into her first bit of trouble when it comes to the matchstick box jump. At first she just drifts along like a good little ghost.

Ah, hello, judge... What?! What do you mean I have to jump over them?! Floating is practically the same thing! Outrageous!

Clearly not used to being dead, it takes her a few tries to jump without sinking into the ground and phasing to another plane of existence. When she eventually clears that section, she comes to the photo op and...

Ooooooooooo, food!

Turns out kitties can't eat when they're not one of the living. She hisses and spits in jealousy as a flesh-and-blood feline passes and takes a bite of that delicious-smelling salmon. She wasn't even sure if they were supposed to consume the delights on that table, but boy, did she sure want to!

The rest of the obstacle course comes easily to Beholder Kitty, and she has to go out of her way to mess them up... until she gets to the end.

Now this just isn't fair!

How was a ghostly kitty supposed to do this? Beholder Kitty is stumped for a good while before coming upon a grand idea-possessing one of the mannequins! Of course, such a body makes the task of removing a bra quite clumsy and challenging, but it does help make her look like a twit.

Hmph... How degrading.