PDA

View Full Version : Belkar and Miko (Spoiler)

Niburu
2007-02-01, 12:29 AM
I dont know which one is the spoiler tags so I cant post this in the discussion thread, but I think this is what will happen: Miko will be slashing at Belkar, and he'll be forced to kill her (thus showing the oracles prediction true.) This in turn will active the mark of justice, causing Belkar emmense pain.

Just a thought.

Setra
2007-02-01, 12:30 AM
At first I was expecting this to be a Miko/Belkar pairing thread.

Personally I'm speculating a double-homicide.

13_CBS
2007-02-01, 12:38 AM
I would find it very anti-climatic if Miko lept at Belkar and died, regarldess of whether or not Belkar died as well.

To me, I think Miko has hit her literary "climax", or at least a high point in her own Conflict (note the capital C). It would be rather...odd at best for the Giant to kill her off without resolving her new Conflict, that is, her "betrayal" at the hands of her gods among other things.

Setra
2007-02-01, 12:48 AM
At this point, I almost want her dead, just so the threads will stop. After the week of threads about her death anyways.

Renegade Paladin
2007-02-01, 01:05 AM
She's not going to die.

Demented
2007-02-01, 01:12 AM
*gasp*
Renegade is a future psychic!

Tell me, tell me, what are the numbers for the California lottery next week!?
It is urgent!

Setra
2007-02-01, 01:16 AM
She's not going to die.

Oh I figure she won't, but I hope she vanishes for a while.. or something.. Too many Miko threads, even threads not about Miko eventually revert to talking about her.

Mr Teufel
2007-02-01, 02:51 AM
Oh, I'm just so hanging out for the next strip...

Lumenadducere
2007-02-01, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I think Miko's going to be around for a long time after this...I doubt that this is the end of our psychotic fallen paladin.

CardinalFang
2007-02-01, 03:33 AM
Falling from grace is a classic, time-honored (and overused) literary device. I could hardly imagine the Giant, who takes a certain delight in turning clichés on their heads, would simply let her die without giving the whole descent-into-darkness and redemption theme his own person twist.

That said, it would be nice to be able to talk about something else for a bit without getting buried in Miko. :D