PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Reign of Winter adventure path?

dysprosium
2014-03-03, 12:14 PM
I've read the synopsis of the adventure path and it seems like a fun one to run for my players.

Has anyone run this adventure path? Does the Playground have an opinion of it?

Gemini476
2014-03-03, 12:30 PM
The only thing I know about it is the whole Baba Yaga thing and that you go to Russia during WWI during one of the later parts.

Oh, and it has one of the worst statblocks for a tank that I've ever seen. And the Trench Fighter archetype, which is pretty good.

Twilightwyrm
2014-03-03, 12:41 PM
The group I'm in is actually about to complete the first book right now. It has been fairly good so far, although if you are into dungeon crawling, that has been rather sparse in the first book at least (the only "dungeon" as it were, being the tower at the end. Doesn't even look to be that long of one either).

subject42
2014-03-03, 02:50 PM
I'm running it for my group and just hit the midpoint of the third book.

So far it's not a bad adventure path. The two main downsides that I've seen are the mantle of the black rider, which feels a bit railroady, and the fact that the AP has some of the worst and/or most incomplete maps I've ever seen. If you can get past those two issues it will work fine by pregenerated module standards.

One caveat: If you have a player who heavily optimizes use magic device, you can get in real trouble once the players find the hut.