PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Appropriate Skill Check for Minor/Major/True Creation?

HaikenEdge
2014-03-03, 03:24 PM
Out of curiosity, what would be an appropriate skill check for making a "complex item", and, what exactly would qualify as a "complex item" within the scope of Minor/Major/True Creation?

I'm wondering whether you could just use Craft (Sculpting) for everything, or are there more appropriate skills for use in conjunction with the spell/power?

Slipperychicken
2014-03-03, 03:41 PM
The wording is ambiguous (a complete list of possible outcomes would be unfeasible), I imagine that "appropriate check" would mean whatever roll would normally be needed to craft the item without magical assistance. So if you want to make a wooden table or door, you're rolling Craft(Carpentry), a weapon would be Craft(Weaponsmithing), a mundane kitchen equipment would be Craft(Metalworking), Poisons would be Craft(Poisonmaking), and so on.

The Craft skill entry lists "Complex or superior item" as having DC 20, and gives a lock as an example, so I guess you'd need to roll for any item whose check is DC 20 or higher?