PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Huge+ playable race under ecl 10?

Srasy
2014-03-03, 04:21 PM
When you are around level 10 being large just doesn't seem large enough IMO and I know a master of many forms would be better but I really want to play a huge lumbering monstrosity... Are there any races that fit this description or are around this ecl... So far the closest thing I've found is the savage progression of a treant which means I would have to wait tell level 12 for huge...

Rubik
2014-03-03, 04:34 PM
Any level 7+ psionic full-manifester character with Metamorphosis could turn into a hydra or other Huge+ creature for 1 min/lvl easily enough.

And a goliath mountain rage barbarian 1/psychic warrior 7+ could manifest Expansion after using mountain rage to become Gargantuan (or Huge, prior to 7th level).

The first is LA 0, depending on the race you pick, and the second is LA +1.

Also. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132294)

OldTrees1
2014-03-03, 04:42 PM
Yes.

Start with a medium sized creature
Add Half-Minotaur for +1LA (with ability modifiers nerfed to taste)
Add Half-Fiend using a Huge sized fiend as a base for LA +4 (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a)

For a grand total of LA +5 your favorite medium sized race is now Huge.

Wait. Your favorite race is Small sized? Add Half-Ogre for +1 more LA.

Rebel7284
2014-03-03, 04:42 PM
Half Minotaur Goliath counts as huge for most thing and IS huge when raging all for +2 LA. Otherwise there are the variant half fiends that can make you huge for +4 LA if the base race is large.

Edit: swordsaged.

OldTrees1
2014-03-03, 04:50 PM
Half Minotaur Goliath counts as huge for most thing and IS huge when raging all for +2 LA. Otherwise there are the variant half fiends that can make you huge for +4 LA if the base race is large.

Edit: swordsaged.

Underlined section needs citation.
A tiny Goliath using mountain rage becomes large not small.

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-03-03, 08:17 PM
Underlined section needs citation.
A tiny Goliath using mountain rage becomes large not small.

Goliaths are not tiny. I thought they were medium with large build, but they maybe large with large build. AFB ATM.

OldTrees1
2014-03-03, 08:23 PM
Goliaths are not tiny. I thought they were medium with large build, but they maybe large with large build. AFB ATM.
Normally Goliaths are medium size (although spells and templates can alter that)
RAW Mountain Rage makes you large regardless of your original size.