PDA

View Full Version : PFS: I can't decide/Gish

Snowbluff
2014-03-03, 05:49 PM
Aasimar meets all of the requirements for Eldritch Knight at level... well, before he has a level.

Str: 16, Dex:10, Con: 14, Int: 17, Wis: 9, Cha: 9
Caster2/EldritchKnight10
Feats?
1:
3: Power Attack
5:
7:
9:
11:

My PFS group is doing level 1 characters for the benefit of my friends starting.

I can't decide if I want to use Arcanist (OP Int), Sorcerer (Cha give better spells, worse skill point), or Wizard (less OP int, betters spells/day).

How do spellbooks work in PFS? I can't gain spells know from my EK levels.

What should all of these feats be?

Nihilarian
2014-03-03, 06:33 PM
How about Sage Bloodline sorcerer? Casting as a sorcerer but Int based?

Snowbluff
2014-03-03, 06:40 PM
How about Sage Bloodline sorcerer? Casting as a sorcerer but Int based?

I've thought about it, and weighed the pros/cons.

Pros: Spontaneous Casting, no spellbook issues.
Uses Int, which is good for skills.

Cons: Level behind wizard. No sixth level spells.
No options to improve spell list past class levels.
No Cha benefit (Aasimar has +2 Cha)
Arcane bond is replaced. (Wizard and Arcanist can get this) D:
No Arcana.

Bigbeefie
2014-03-04, 02:41 AM
Going to be honest. PFS doesn't require optimization by any means. Sometime skills get you further then melee and casting will. I played last sunday and there was a chance of 1 combat and it was handled with a diplomacy and a bluff check.

first level doesn't mean much since you can redesign your character at Level 2 before you set him in stone. If you want a good gish I recommend the Magus. It really is a good class and in PFS they are rather powerful.

If your wanting the Eldritch Knight then I suggest maybe a Paladin/Sorc. Make sure to get 2 levels of Paladin for Divine grace and you will have amazing saves.

Most senior players in PFS i go to will tell you the best "Gish" is a Summoner with the right melee focused pet. The pet has all the melee abilities and the summoner acts as the caster part...Making them a perfect tag team of devastation.

Snowbluff
2014-03-04, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I understand that. I've played a bit of PFS and I got a good feel for it, but I'm swapping out my paladin for something more interesting. I'm trying to fill in the bruiser roll I'm leaving open.

I think I'll try wizard here. Divination + Foresight and Forewarned (Always act on surprise rounds and free rerolls).