PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Psionics Source

Behold_the_Void
2007-02-01, 02:00 AM
So, I've got a player coming into my campaign who wants to play a psionic character from a 3rd party sourcebook. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called, but I do know that it's been referenced on this board many times and I know I'll recognize the name right off the bat.

From what I remember hearing about it on this board, it's a popular option that really understands the flavor of psionics. However, he himself said that it's considered overpowered by many. However, he also said that should be mitigated by the fact that he blows up when you throw him. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1525337&postcount=1).

I believe the class he's looking into getting gains special abilities with limited uses as they increase in level. He mentioned something about Timestop 1/day at the final level. He also mentioned going into Assassin, which indicates to me that he may be playing a sneaky class but I can't be certain.

Anyway, questions here are a) can anybody think of the name of this 3rd party source that I'm talking about? I KNOW it's mentioned a lot in psionic threads, I just can't remember it. Also, b) Is this (hopefully soon to be identified) source overpowered?

Sorry for the vagueness, I seriously can't remember the book and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Edit: the book is Hyperconcious.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-01, 02:02 AM
"Hyperconscious" could be the book.

Behold_the_Void
2007-02-01, 02:04 AM
Yes! That's the one!