PDA

View Full Version : Huge spoiler - Roy Belakr and Miko

teratorn
2007-02-01, 02:58 AM
I don't like this strip in part because I sort of guess where it is going but it destroys my image of Roy as an hero. My worst fear is the following:

Miko faces Belkar, unarmed. Asks him to draw is weapons, but he doesn't. She finds she can not kill him and stops. While she hesitates Roy comes and kills her. This way Belkar's prophecy is acomplished, he causes Miko death. But I hate it. It's too damn dramatic.

Please tell me I'm crazy.

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-01, 03:00 AM
Because being unarmed has really stopped her before.

May I draw your attention to when she murdered Shojo two strips ago?

teratorn
2007-02-01, 03:05 AM
Because being unarmed has really stopped her before.

May I draw your attention to when she murdered Shojo two strips ago?

Good point. But then she thought the gods were with her, now she does not know what the gods want.

CardinalFang
2007-02-01, 03:11 AM
Sure she does...they want her to bring the OotS to justice to prove that she really IS on the side of Good. It's all a trick by Roy, who is clearly some supergenius with the plot-devising power of a thousand Nales and enough pure evil to be Xykon's trusted minion, and he has misled her into murdering her leader and mentor figure, and therefore she must destroy him to appease her gods and apologize for her heinous act (which was totally not her fault, because she was tricked, as I said).

teratorn
2007-02-01, 03:15 AM
Sure she does...

Come on, try harder. I see two options, either Belkar dies or Miko dies. If Miko dies it is due to Belkar but it must be Roy making the killing. The problem with Belkar dying is that Hinjo will never agree to resurrect him.

Mr Teufel
2007-02-01, 03:20 AM
But Durkon just might. Is Durkon high enough level to resurrect?

CardinalFang
2007-02-01, 03:23 AM
Come on, try harder. I see two options, either Belkar dies or Miko dies. If Miko dies it is due to Belkar but it must be Roy making the killing. The problem with Belkar dying is that Hinjo will never agree to resurrect him.

Or...Miko finds herself outmatched and runs away. Or...Roy and/or Belkar (through nonlethal damage) subdue her and she's arrested. Or...Shojo's death and/or Roy's conscious decision release Belkar from the Mark of Justice and he's free to kill her (but, in a twist, he feels bad about it -- because she was nuts and/or he liked Shojo and is sad -- and his answer from the Oracle is literally true but not in any way he had hoped). Or...any number of options all of us on the forum could completely and totally fail to consider as viable only to be shocked (once again) by the Giant's clever writing and overarching plot which stretches beyond our narrow, curtailed view of the series up until now.

Seriously. There are SO many possibilities. Maybe the clerics arrive and cast a whole bunch of Hold Persons on everyone. Maybe the 12 gods decide some more action is necessary. Maybe Miko has an aortic dissection and dies of natural causes. Only the Giant knows where he wants these characters to go, and how they're going to get there. It's a bit silly to limit yourself to two options of "what must happen." ANYTHING could happen.

teratorn
2007-02-01, 03:23 AM
But Durkon just might. Is Durkon high enough level to resurrect?

I believe he is. But there is the question about the diamonds.

Or...Miko finds herself outmatched and runs away. .

She's running for the door, Belkar is there between her and the door. You are right Belkar might jump and Miko keep going. It's just that is so damn convenient having Miko and Belkar face to face.

She'll do her thing before other people arrive between her and Belkar. What moves can Belkar do?

Lumenadducere
2007-02-01, 03:24 AM

Nah, they both are going to make it out of this. The OotS has been through worse before and I'm sure they'll be fine now. Miko's probably going to shove (or kick, since he's small) Belkar out of the way and then run out the door.

Mr Teufel
2007-02-01, 03:27 AM
I believe he is. But there is the question about the diamonds.

He's got nearly two weeks to find the diamonds, and he probably hasn't spent all his treasure. Heck, Roy might sell equipment for Belkar if he takes out Miko.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-02-01, 03:28 AM
Maybe belkar whacks miko, gets sick from the MoJ and thye have to remove it becuas it was activated while he was defending himself from an azure city paladin gone rogue, therefore it would not be justice to let it hurt him.

hobbitguy1420
2007-02-01, 03:30 AM
Personally, I predict that neither Miko nor Belkar die. Belkar because it'd get rid of too much comic potential, and Miko, because I can almost visualize exactly what's going to happen.

She's gonna go Blackguard.

She'll go off somewhere to try to "see what the Gods want," and her rage, madness, and bitterness will twist around each other 'til they make the balloon-animal puppy of Evil. then, *bam*- goodbye, Miko the Fighter-Without-Bonus-Feats, hello Miko the Deranged-Champion-of-Evil.

this would probably have come out a bit more eloquently had I written it sometime other than 3 AM, but the point is made.