PDA

View Full Version : Planetouched subtype benefits

Crake
2014-03-03, 10:35 PM
So I know that the planetouched subtype allows you to be targeted by spells that can target outsiders specifically (probably most notably planar binding), and for the most part, this is a negative thing, as the spells are generally hostile. There must, however, surely be some spells out there that can only target outsiders and have a positive effect?

Lord Vukodlak
2014-03-04, 04:19 AM
So I know that the planetouched subtype allows you to be targeted by spells that can target outsiders specifically (probably most notably planar binding), and for the most part, this is a negative thing, as the spells are generally hostile. There must, however, surely be some spells out there that can only target outsiders and have a positive effect?

Subtypes don't require a positive, often the only purpose they serve is allow the target to be effected by certain spells such as the reptilian subtype or the goblinoid subtype

The planetouched subtype exists for the lesser Aasimar, Tiefling and other such planetouched races. Rather then be full blown outsiders the lesser versions are humanoid with the planetouched subtype which makes them less powerful then before. So the advantage of the planetouched subtype is your race is LA+0 instead of LA+1.

Crake
2014-03-04, 04:35 AM
Subtypes don't require a positive, often the only purpose they serve is allow the target to be effected by certain spells such as the reptilian subtype or the goblinoid subtype

The planetouched subtype exists for the lesser Aasimar, Tiefling and other such planetouched races. Rather then be full blown outsiders the lesser versions are humanoid with the planetouched subtype which makes them less powerful then before. So the advantage of the planetouched subtype is your race is LA+0 instead of LA+1.

yeah, i get that, my question was more along the lines of, what spells, which are normally restricted to outsiders (and are beneficial) could a character with the planetouched type gain access to? The one off the top of my head would be revive outsider, although its a bit pointless with raise dead on the table, but just as an example.

Stoneback
2014-03-04, 04:40 AM
Spell research, my friend. Make up your own, pay the gold, and add them to your spell book!