PDA

View Full Version : Divine Minion to shortcut into fiend of possession?

CyberThread
2014-03-04, 02:27 AM
So divine minion does this to you

Size and Type: The creature's type changes to outsider, and any alignment subtypes it has changes to match the corresponding alignment subtypes of its deity. Divine minions encountered on the Material Plane have the extraplanar subtype. Do not recalculate the creature's Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

So does this officially, make it the cheapest entry point for a fiend of possession, trumping even koatai ?

Khatoblepas
2014-03-04, 02:33 AM
So divine minion does this to you

Size and Type: The creature's type changes to outsider, and any alignment subtypes it has changes to match the corresponding alignment subtypes of its deity. Divine minions encountered on the Material Plane have the extraplanar subtype. Do not recalculate the creature's Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

So does this officially, make it the cheapest entry point for a fiend of possession, trumping even koatai ?

Unfortunately, no. It doesn't give you an alignment subtype if you don't already have one.

Zombulian
2014-03-04, 11:02 AM
I actually think the easiest way is a ritual that gives an outsider an alignment subtype. I remember my friend was trying to get into that class and make an ask thread. Use Neraph or Glimmerfolk for free Outsider.

Deadkitten
2014-03-04, 01:56 PM
You can use it on the Diaboli from Dragon Compendium, they are Native Outsiders with the Chaotic sub-type, so when you add the template that would change to evil. They do have a LA +1 listed though.

Coidzor
2014-03-04, 02:45 PM
I actually think the easiest way is a ritual that gives an outsider an alignment subtype. I remember my friend was trying to get into that class and make an ask thread. Use Neraph or Glimmerfolk for free Outsider.

Where are Glimmerfolk from?

CyberThread
2014-03-04, 03:42 PM
dragon 321

+2 Dexterity, –2 Strength
• Medium Size
• Outsider (native)

Small bonus on perform checks
saves against shadow spells and darkness spells
immune to illusion pattern

Has a unique energy system, that is basically glowing balls of light, that act like candles. They get 3 of them and you expend each globe for various effects , and cost of , dancing lights, daze, flare, color spray, magic missle, or mirror image. You get your glow balls back after 8 hours of rest.