PDA

View Full Version : Sheath

maniacalmojo
2014-03-04, 04:08 AM
Are their stats for using a katana sheath as a weapon? Is their a mundane sheath that is meant to be used as a weapon?

DeltaEmil
2014-03-04, 04:14 AM
Are their stats for using a katana sheath as a weapon?Not in 3.5.

Is their a mundane sheath that is meant to be used as a weapon? Not in 3.5.

The only way will be to have to use the weapon sheath as an improvised light mace weapon (-4 to attack rolls).

Stoneback
2014-03-04, 04:24 AM
Improvised weapon. -4 to hit. 1d4 + STR mod damage.

Or you could take a proficiency in it...

Cicciograna
2014-03-04, 04:25 AM

Make it 1d3+STR and you've sold me.

EDIT: unless it's a sheath specifically built to be used as a weapon, you know, to surprise your opponents. Then 1d4+STR is right.

cakellene
2014-03-04, 04:26 AM

EWP: Katana Sheath?

Stoneback
2014-03-04, 04:28 AM
EWP: bamboo tube of smiting?

Instead of making it a weapon, have a slightly longer sheath made with an open base. Then you can use it as a kazoo.

cakellene
2014-03-04, 04:33 AM
EWP: bamboo tube of smiting?

Instead of making it a weapon, have a slightly longer sheath made with an open base. Then you can use it as a kazoo.

Make it double as a blowgun.

Eldaran
2014-03-04, 05:39 AM
Pathfinder has the Combat Scabbard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/combat-scabbard-sharpened) which should work just fine in 3.5.

Note that, though it doesn't mention in on there, the sharpened version doesn't count as improvised, it just works as a normal martial weapon.

Swaoeaeieu
2014-03-04, 06:11 AM
razored shield with shield sheath. allows you to keep your weapon in you shield. and the shield has an egde so you can use it better in combat.

Or the pathfinder thing. But this is all 3.5.

DarkSonic1337
2014-03-04, 08:09 AM
The Ninja-to from Oriental Adventures comes with a sheath that uses the stats of a club. It's a pretty cool weapon (the sheath is also open on both ends and can be used as a blow pipe for darts, spray poisons, ect).

So...why not follow that example and use the club stats. 1d6 damage for medium, x2 crit on a natural 20, bludgeoning damage, 10 ft range increment. Or...maybe don't make it throwable considering a Katana Sheath is a lot larger (the Ninja-to is the size of a short sword).

PaucaTerrorem
2014-03-04, 10:42 AM
I would allow proficiency with it for a trade of something else.

Deophaun
2014-03-04, 11:13 AM
Note that, though it doesn't mention in on there, the sharpened version doesn't count as improvised, it just works as a normal martial weapon.
Yes, but if it's sharpened then you need a sheath for your sheath.

Not sure if I should make it blue or not...

LibraryOgre
2014-03-04, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I'd be inclined to call it a club. If you decide to two-weapon it, katana and sheath (to take advantage of TWD, I imagine, or a TWF build when you lost your wakizashi*), that would be my ruling.

*Immediately prior to killing yourself for the dishonor brought by losing your house's soul.