PDA

View Full Version : Are there any madness-inflicting classes in d&d 3.5

ahenobarbi
2014-03-04, 07:08 PM
"Are there any madness-inflicting classes in d&d 3.5"?

I'll be playing (probably short-lived) character soon (towards end of this week) at low level (starting lvl 1) and had idea of mad (&madness inflicting) character. Is this possible? Help me playground[ please]!

My best idea is going illusionist and using illusions to make others doubt their sanity.

rollforeigninit
2014-03-04, 09:18 PM
Truenamer, Healer, CW Samurai.
Aside from that, there are rules for Madness as a campaign feature in Heroes of Horror. Might look there. Sadly, that's not a book I own so I'm not a ton of help. There are spells that do that but not really at lvl 1.

Blackhawk748
2014-03-04, 09:22 PM
i think Bestow Curse may have a Curse of Madness variant, i dont know for sure but it would make sense

Know(Nothing)
2014-03-04, 09:29 PM
Lesser Confusion is a level 1 Bard spell, if that helps any. That's sort of madness-ish.

Vaz
2014-03-04, 09:31 PM
Madness is encountered within the rules for depravity within Heroes of Horror. Rokugan has a lot of material based on Taint which encompasses Depravity.

I cannot remember off the top of my head if there is any class or spell which causes outright Insanity or depravity effects, but fear debuffing can represent paranoia etc (so Cha focused, Intimidating command), while Will Saves and Wisdom in general incorporate a certain resilience to madness; Incarnum has Wall of Incarnum and Soulboon for such.

Perhaps Cloistered Cleric (Knowledge/Incarnum/Madness) into Dread Witch would work?

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-03-04, 09:34 PM
Alienist from Complete Arcane gives your character wisdom penalty a few times over several levels as a sign of madness from the Far Realms.

Fax Celestis
2014-03-04, 09:50 PM
There's always cleric with the Madness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#madnessDomain) domain.