PDA

View Full Version : Revenant Blade Build

Val666
2014-03-04, 07:59 PM
Hello guys, a while ago I asked some questions about a Triblade build and I want to get more details about the build: Abilities, Feats, Tricks, Race (wich elf) and maybe LA +0 Templates:

Build: Ranger 1/ Warblade 4/ Revenant Blade 5/ Eternal Blade 10

Flaws allowed, every book and even Dragon magazine allowed.

Also, one question: The Eternal Blade prestige class have the Eternal Training abilitie. It let you add Int to attack and damage against a type of creature or
gain a maneuver from Diamond Mind or Devoted Spirit wich you meet the requirements for the rest of the encounter. So the question is: If I have Initiator level 17 and the 5 Diamond Mind Maneuvers, could I take Time Stands Still at level 20?

IL 17 = Ranger 1 + Revenant Blade 5 = 6 levels = 3 Initiator levels
Warblade 4 + Eternal Blade 10 = 14 initiator levels

Darrin
2014-03-05, 08:52 AM
Build: Ranger 1/ Warblade 4/ Revenant Blade 5/ Eternal Blade 10

Flaws allowed, every book and even Dragon magazine allowed.

Ranger is only required because adding Hide and Move Silently as class skills is difficult. However, with Dragon Magazine allowed, you can take Flexible Mind (Dragon #326) and enter Revenant Blade with Warblade 5. Flaws get you the feats you need:

1st) Flexible Mind, TWF (flaw), Weapon Focus (flaw)
3rd) Bladebearer of the Valenar
5th) Combat Reflexes

So the question is: If I have Initiator level 17 and the 5 Diamond Mind Maneuvers, could I take Time Stands Still at level 20?

Yes, you can use Eternal Training to pick up Time Stands Still. At EB10, you'd be able to use it 5/day, or rather 5 encounters per day.

Ideally, it'd be nice to pick up Time Stands Still at EB9 as one of your known maneuvers, but Warblade 5/Revenant Blade 5/Eternal Blade 9 comes up to only IL 16.5, just short. You can get around that by maybe taking a Minor Bloodline level (and this is the only time I would recommend such a thing, as Bloodlines make my head hurt). At one of your lower levels, such as 2nd/3rd, spend 1000/3000 XP. Storm Giant might work well, and fits in with the Eberron "progenitor race" backfluff.