PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bloodline stumper and character evaluation

Thuphinlok
2014-03-04, 09:15 PM
Alright, I posted a little while back about bloodlines, and how they work. I got some really great feedback and I decided to create my own custom bloodline for my character. I am pretty happy with how it came out, but I am stuck on a capstone ability.

1. Intimidate +2
2. Combat Reflexes
3. Cha +1
4. Fire res 5
5. Affin to all Neutral dragons (Gaia is a Neutral Goddess with Dragon Domain) +2
6. Nat arm +1
7. Sense +2
8. Fire res 10
9. Cha +1
10. breath weapon (pot cloud)/Line of Fire (as ryan said, a stoner should always have a light)
11. dragon affin +4
12. nat arm +1
13. tumble +2
14. blind fight (pending)
15. Wis +1
16. Calm emotions 1/day
17. dragon affin +6
18. nat arm +1
19. Diplomacy +2
20. Sprout Wings 1/day for CON mod minutes (30' + monk enhancement/avg) (pending)

I like the idea of flight, and the character is a 1/2 elf monk 15, Dragon descendant 5, swordsage 5 (shadow hand focus for enervating strike). The build is pretty much set, but I am always open to suggestions. The group is not super op, we tend more toward naturally evolving characters rather than power houses. eg the character (backstory) dictates the classes (hence the 1/2 elf monk). ANYWHO. . . my question to you, playgrounders, is this. . . What is a good capstone for this bloodline.

Some background on him: He grew up in a monsatary (hence monk), and his father is the BBEG in my arc of the campaign (we are doing a round robin DM game). The bloodline comes from his Grandfather on his mothers side, and the custom bloodline is a 'hemp' dragon (Characters name is Thuphinlok = Puff the Magical Dragon in elvish). If you need/want more info just ask away. I appreciate all of your help guys. You make a part time gamer feel much more relaxed about finding a sturdy build.