PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite hengeyokai animal, and why?

CyberThread
2014-03-05, 02:33 AM
What is your favorite hengeyokai animal, and why?

Aegis013
2014-03-05, 02:35 AM
Sparrow.

Eldritch Spear Warlock.

Little bird flies around shooting its enemies down with eye lasers.

One of my players did this. I thought it was incredibly cool (and it managed to not strain suspension of disbelief at all).

Sir Chuckles
2014-03-05, 03:59 AM
I got a guy that I'm playing with right this very second who refluffed the Weasel in a Squirrel.

Good times...

CyberThread
2014-03-05, 10:23 AM
haha warlock also?

Red Fel
2014-03-05, 10:48 AM
haha warlock also?

As a rule, Hengeyokai (DragMag version) is a great pairing with Warlock or Psion, given how those classes have abilities which are not dependent upon speech and the like. However, it should be noted that Warlock Invocations do have a somatic component, and animals can't perform somatic gestures. (This is easily resolved through the Surrogate Spellcasting feat from Savage Species.)

Also, laserbirds are awesome and every campaign needs them.

Just to be different, however, I'd go with Badger. It has the burrow speed, a boost to Con in hybrid form, and the highest animal-form Con (tied with Dog). It also don't care, honey.

manyslayer
2014-03-05, 01:14 PM
As a rule, Hengeyokai (DragMag version) is a great pairing with Warlock or Psion, given how those classes have abilities which are not dependent upon speech and the like. However, it should be noted that Warlock Invocations do have a somatic component, and animals can't perform somatic gestures. (This is easily resolved through the Surrogate Spellcasting feat from Savage Species.)[/COLOR]

Instead of warlock, go Dragonfire Adept and then just have a fire breathing birdie.

CyberThread
2014-03-05, 01:37 PM
but then you can a full tribe of dogs withe spider walk, and just have then run around chasing sticks up walls, and under briges.

Sir Chuckles
2014-03-05, 04:40 PM
haha warlock also?

Nope, minionmancer Druid.

CyberThread
2014-03-05, 05:09 PM
sparrow with leadership ability, reenact the movie crows?

Sir Chuckles
2014-03-05, 05:20 PM
sparrow with leadership ability, reenact the movie crows?

I already have a word document with 19 characters fully written and ready to be put on paper, don't give me any more ideas x.x
(Ooooh, Legendary Leader and Legendary Tactician....)

CyberThread
2014-03-06, 10:59 AM
haha that is allot. Well with guards of the galaxy coming out soon, think of a warlock racoon using rods to fire off like guns.