PDA

View Full Version : Just an interesting statistic...

Maurog
2007-02-01, 10:49 AM
Okay gentlemen (and ladies), with recent events a certain Paladin sure gets a lot of spotlight. Made me wonder how much exactly. So what I did is take a random screenshot of the OoTS board main page and painted the threads according to content. Red threads are all about Miko, Yellow threads have some non-Miko related content, and Green threads have low or no Miko content at all. Here we go:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5826/mikook1.gif

That's 50% Miko content! Have this board ever reached anything even close for any other character? I think not. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? You decide...

Green Bean
2007-02-01, 10:50 AM
Wouldn't the discussion of #408 have a lot of Miko content?

Maurog
2007-02-01, 10:55 AM
Well, yeah, I excluded the two official threads... you can treat both all as yellow. I'll repaint them.

Setra
2007-02-01, 10:59 AM
I for one think the high Miko content is a bad thing, which is why I made the Not Miko Thread.

fwiffo
2007-02-01, 11:05 AM
While Miko fans do tend to clog the board too much whenever comic focuses on other storylines, now is not one of those times. This is a dramatic and involved storyline with Miko as central character. It is highly appropriate at this time to have a lot of threads about her.

I do hope that once this storyline is resolved, there would be less Miko content (and I am fully ready to be disappointed in that hope). But at this time, I can't complain.

Green Bean
2007-02-01, 11:26 AM
While Miko fans do tend to clog the board too much whenever comic focuses on other storylines, now is not one of those times. This is a dramatic and involved storyline with Miko as central character. It is highly appropriate at this time to have a lot of threads about her.

I do hope that once this storyline is resolved, there would be less Miko content (and I am fully ready to be disappointed in that hope). But at this time, I can't complain.

But surely every thread should be a Miko thread? :smallbiggrin:

fwiffo
2007-02-01, 11:52 AM
But surely every thread should be a Miko thread? :smallbiggrin:

Hey, I think it is harvest season again. Kidney harvest season.

Green Bean
2007-02-01, 11:57 AM
Hey, I think it is harvest season again. Kidney harvest season.

If the :belkar: fanclub couldn't catch me, there's no way you can.

*teleports*

TinSoldier
2007-02-01, 12:16 PM
Does this one count as a Miko thread?

I've noticed that most of these threads are probably started by people who weren't around for the previous big Miko story arcs. It's not necessarily the Miko fans starting all of these new threads.

Well, if it is the Miko fanclub, then I shall have to discipline them! :smallbiggrin:

Maurog
2007-02-01, 12:23 PM
Ha, this thread is about people, and their tendency to create various threads. I don't remember every second thread being about Elan when he got his spotlight.

Lord Zentei
2007-02-01, 12:31 PM
There are a lot of Miko threads, but a number of them are Pixies registering just to say "OMG I haet teh miko she iz such a meanie i hoep belkor kills her, lol" or "OMG roy iz so silly for treeting her that way why does he do that :(". And so on.