PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember the name of an RPG

Ghostly Spider
2014-03-05, 10:33 PM
A few years ago, I downloaded a very nice PDF of a new RPG. I believe it was independently developed, and it was released free on the developer's website. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the game.

It was geared toward heroic fantasy, with many classes and powers comparable to D&D. A fair number of classes granted self-resurrection, flight, and other superheroic abilities at high levels. Magic was neither Vancian nor based upon any sort of point system.

I remember very little of the system itself, save that it had a fairly flexible system of timekeeping; many abilities were once per "scene," with a scene being determined by the GM, but typically longer than an encounter, shorter than an adventure. A believe that an entire dungeon crawl was the given example.

Each character had a number of skill trees (I want to say three), granted by their class. Alternate playable races and the system's multiclassing system allowed one tree to be replaced. If there were numerical attributes (I don't remember how any skill/combat systems worked), they took a back seat to these.

It's not much to work with, and I don't think the game ever earned any substantial recognition, but if you have any idea what it could be, I'd love to hear it.

Hiro Protagonest
2014-03-05, 10:38 PM
What you describe is not heroic fantasy. But it is Legend by Rule of Cool.

Ghostly Spider
2014-03-05, 10:46 PM
Thanks. That was fast.