PDA

View Full Version : The Hamlet

Deadly
2007-02-01, 01:29 PM
Mist gathers above Town and gazes upon the threads of reality with worry. For a time he ponders the chaos and madness around him and finally nods Indeed this place shall consume itself in it's chaos and become one with the Void. There is no saving it, we must start anew.

He raises his hands and draws upon the chaotic energies of the Town and shapes them with care into a sphere of brightest color. He takes the sphere and places it in the sky above Town. And so shall it be. This world is doomed to die and be consumed by Void, but in the darkness to come shall this star shine, alone in the deepest black. And it shall be the new world, from which Creation springs.

And with those words, Mist dissolved and left the old world to it's doom. But In the sky above Town remained the sphere, ever in sight yet always beyond reach. For indeed, nothing from the old world could hope to reach or enter the brilliant light of creation.

But within the sphere sprung forth a new world. And this is where our tale begins, in a small place called 'The Hamlet'...

[hr]
This is a "low-level" Town, for those who want to play in a setting without Gods rampaging on the tavern floor and spells of mass destruction flying through the streets. Aside from characters being restricted by the rules below, the Hamlet is exactly like the Town in how you play. Just jump in and join the fun, provided you keep the rules and the fun of everyone in mind ;)

The Hamlet is completely seperate from the Town, both in place and time. As such it does not have to have the same places or people. Feel free to help make it unique.

The Rules
Since the Hamlet is experimental at this point, the following rules are subject to change, especially in the beginning. If you have questions or suggestions, post them in the OOC discussion thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33533).

Recommended ECL: 7-9

Max ECL: 12

Max Item Value: 14.000 gp

No active Gods or God-like characters allowed. Any character must equal in power a D&D character with an ECL of no more than 12. It is recommended to start out lower.

No character can possess or acquire any item with a value above 14000 gp, and no more than 3 items above 8000 gp at a time.

Otherwise the same rules and guidelines as applies to the Town in general.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 01:31 PM
A young man approaches the Hamlet, dragging along the statue of a woman. Once inside the village he stops, puts down the statue and sits down with his back against it. You seem... to have gained... a little weight... lately... my dear. he grins in between the gasps for air. The statue, despite being perfectly still, almost looks like it wants to hit him. The man sighs and looks around Ah, don't take it so hard... I'm sure this place have a wizard... both cursed and insane, most likely.

After regaining his breath he spots an inn and stands up. With a deep sigh he takes the statue and drags it into the tavern.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 06:35 PM
There's a tremendous fizzling and popping, and a burst of sparks thirty or so feet in the air, and a smoking form appears. He looks about thirty years old, and very surprised to be this high up in the air. After a moment or so of shocked silence, he plummets towards the ground, impacting the dirt with a sickening thud. He lies in a heap for several seconds, then scrambles to his feet. He's wearing blue-grey robes, and there's a silver crown on his head, though tilted to one side and bent from his fall.
He searches the skies for several seconds, almost expectantly, then points a finger at the nearest cloud. Absolutly nothing happens. After trying several more times to induce some kind of effect in the clouds, he howls and looks around, eyes wild. "Give - them - back!" His eyes continue searching the streets, searching for something. "You heard me, you fat pig! Give them back NOW!" There's no response, but he seems to have suddenly heard something.
"Don't laugh! This is all your FAULT!" There is still no visible response, though suddenly his legs shoot out from under him and he crashes to the ground. He looks around, breathing heavily and eyes ablaze. With a scream, he begins pounding the ground with his fist over and over. "I HATE YOU! HATE YOU! HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU-" Despite his age, he sems to be throwing a temper tantrum.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 06:52 PM
The man comes back out from the inn and takes a deep breath while looking around, as if searching for something. There have got to be a competent wizard, even in a place like this. he thinks

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 06:59 PM
((Too bad I'm not a wizard))

A man wearing a large hooded black cloak and a black face mask wanders into the area. Seems like an interesting place. If there wasn't already a tavern here I'd open one. Ah well. He pulls a dagger off his belt and leans against a wall, balancing it on one finger. Maybe I should just see if I can get a job at this one.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 07:01 PM
"Hate you hate you hate you hate you..." His knuckles bloodied and his face dirty, the man falls to the ground and sobs into the dust. "...hate you..."

Deadly
2007-02-01, 07:03 PM
The man looks at the two others and raises an eyebrow at the one sobbing on the ground. He walks over to him Need some help?

Kyral
2007-02-01, 07:05 PM
The man looks up and snarls at him. "NO! I'm a god! A god! I don't need any help!" He, breathing heavily, slowly gets to his feet.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 07:07 PM
The man blinks Sorry, just asking.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 07:08 PM
Someone's delusional. The cloaked man flips the dagger and sheathes it in one smooth motion. And it isn't me or him, he adds, pointing at Schnick.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 07:18 PM
Schnick smiles a bit at the other mans comment but otherwise doesn't react.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 07:27 PM
The man is, quite obviously, just as the man described him. He glares at the cloaked man, breathing heavily. "Feel my wrath, foolish mortal!" He charges at him, moving not as fast as one would think that a god could move.

Sneak
2007-02-01, 07:28 PM
A black haired man in a slightly rumpled suit walks down the road leading to the hamlet, whistling softly to himself and carrying a small black briefcase in one hand.

"Well, this seems like a nice enough little town," he says to himself. "I hope they're rich."

He looks around and approaches the nearest person.

"Excuse me sir, do you live here?" he asks. "I'm a bit lost. Could you give me some directions?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 07:30 PM
Whoops. The cloaked man, not holding anything at the moment, takes the opportunity to throw himself out of the way. He rolls to his feet and spins around. That was *mostly* uncalled for.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 07:30 PM
Schnick, a bit distracted by the crazy guy, turns to the black haired man Ah... I just arrived here a few hours ago myself.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 07:36 PM
The man crashes into the wall the cloaked man was leaning against, but quickly recovers and pushes himself off the surface towards the cloaked man. His hand quickly goes to his belt, and he grabs a small, hooked dagger, pulling it from its sheath and flinging it at the cloaked man while sending a punch at him in the same motion.

ged424
2007-02-01, 07:38 PM
Ged424, leans against the wall, ready to watch some good-natured fighting
his hand lays, however, on his sword sheath, just in case
The small sword glows with an amber light at the hilt, and emits a low hum, only hearable if someone were to consciously listen for it

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 07:41 PM
Crappit. The dagger bounces off something the cloaked man is wearing under his cloak, but he does get punched, too intent on the sharp pointy object to pay much attention to anything else. He takes a step backwards and reaches inside his cloak for something. What it was is immediately apparent, as he is suddenly holding an oddly slimy looking dagger.

Sneak
2007-02-01, 07:42 PM
The man takes off his jacket and smooths down his shirt with one hand, the other still holding the briefcase.

"I see," he says. "Well then, I guess I'll be on my way, unless there's anything..." He trails off as he looks at the crazy 'god' uncertainly.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 07:43 PM
The man begins punching blindly, swinging his fists over and over at the same general vicinity. "Face the wrath of Atriuls!"

Deadly
2007-02-01, 07:45 PM
Schnick sighs Excuse me a moment.

He turns to the two combatants and tries to Fascinate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/bard.htm#fascinate) them and hopefully make them stop for a moment.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 07:45 PM
The cloaked guy throws himself off to the side again in order to avoid the punches. It's not entirely successful, as a couple of them do hit. As he stands he throws the dagger he's holding at Atriuls. He notices the music immediately after this, and ceases his attempt to draw another dagger.

Sneak
2007-02-01, 07:46 PM
The man gasps.

"Atriuls!?" he exclaims. "Atriuls the god? No, it couldn't be...it's impossible..."

A small smiles plays on his lips.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 07:48 PM
Atriuls is hit just below the shoulder by the dagger. He howls, looking shocked, and grabs onto it. He would attempt to tear it out, but the bard easily fascinates him. His hand falls from the hilt, and he stares at Shnick with amazement.
((Destro - the dagger's poisoned, right?))

ged424
2007-02-01, 07:49 PM
Ged draws his sword, and thrusts it toward the cloaked figure with a piercing shriek.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 07:51 PM
((Yep. Not a damaging one though. Just causes temporary paralysis. Used to avoid fights he might not be able to win))

Deadly
Schnick smiles Now, I Suggest we all calm down and try to come to some understanding.

The Orange Zergling
The boy from Grit's Tavern exits the bar, pocketting a gold piece. He looks startled at the fight going on, and quietly heads toward a market or similar.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 07:53 PM
Was trying to do that. The cloaked guy decides that he is going to try and get a job at the tavern once this is over.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 07:55 PM
Atriuls nods. "I have no-" He slowly starts to wobble as he pulls the dagger free. "-objection to-" He slowly falls to the ground. "-thaaaaaaat." He hits the ground and lis there, eyes opened but unable to move.

ged424
2007-02-01, 07:56 PM
Ged quickly pulls out a scroll, and begins to chant in an unfermiliar language

After a minute or so of chanting, the scroll lights aflame, and ged points at atriuls's body

Because of Ged's lack of skill, a single bubble bursts from his outstretched hand

Oh.... not again! he exclaimed

Deadly
2007-02-01, 07:57 PM
Schnick walks over to Atriuls and casts Cure Serious Wounds on him, hoping it'll help a little.

Sneak
2007-02-01, 07:57 PM
The man brushes some hair off of his face.

"If anyone needs a lawyer, I know a guy," he says. "However, judging by the nature of you two, you seem to not be the lawyer types..." He casts a sidelong glance towards the two combatants.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 07:58 PM
Not a lawyer type. The man retrieves his dagger, assuming no-one stops him. I think that a drink would be good right about now.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 08:00 PM
Atriuls looks up weakly, most of his body paralyzed. He winces. "Weak...fool..."

Deadly
2007-02-01, 08:02 PM
Schnick nods A drink sounds really good.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-01, 08:03 PM
The cloaked guy puts the dagger away. I'll concede I'm not the strongest, but fool? No dice. Then he walks into the tavern.

Hoseki
2007-02-01, 08:05 PM
A lone rider… well, rides wearily down the road toward the Hamlet, mounted on a white stallion. The stallion’s barding and tack are finely made but dusty and travel-worn, as is the rider’s heavy cloak. Not much can be seen of the rider him- or herself, however.

The pair stop by the small cluster of people. “Excuse me. What is this place?” the rider inquires in a throaty yet nonetheless female voice.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-01, 08:05 PM
A portal opens in the Hamlet, and a man dressed in Western clothing is unceremoniously hurled to the ground. His glass of tequila cracks, and his face is a little cut up by the fall.

What the hell? I was jest in the ol' cantina, and now what the hell is this? Is this like the old time of knights, an' stuff? Did I jest git sent back in time? Where's my hoss? Ah, hell wit all these worries. Least I still got me shootin' iron.

As he gets up, he does a bunch of fancy gun twirling tricks to brighten his mood.

Deadly
2007-02-01, 08:09 PM
Schnick looks up at the rider Well, it's a village, but what it's called or where it is I couldn't tell you since I've just arrived.

He then turns and raises an eyebrow at the man who fell out of the portal And it seems like a lot of people have chosen to follow my example.

Sneak
2007-02-01, 08:10 PM
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/525/sneakdeanrz0.gif

The man puts his jacket back on and looks around at the two newcomers. He addresses the rider.

"It appears to be some sort of town," he explains. "I am unfamiliar with it, myself."

He glances at the Western looking man.

"Excuse me?" he says.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-01, 08:12 PM
((Am I doing the accent right?))

A village? So this is that knighty time of dragons an' dungeons. Is there a waterin' hole 'round here? My glass broke, an' I figger I might as well git wasted 'fore I start tryin' to git home.

Kyral
2007-02-01, 08:14 PM
Atriuls slowly starts to move...the key word here being slowly. He pushes himself to his feet and looks around groggily, then trods into the Tavern.

Hoseki
The rider throws back her hood, revealing a rather plain woman in her early thirties with brown eyes set a shade too close together and a long pink scar on her left cheek. She runs a gloved hand through her shoulder-length reddish-brown hair irritably. "Just 'a village' or 'some sort of town,' huh? Sounds just fine to me." She seems to think that her opinion on the subject is quite important.

Being one of the more knighty people present, she gives the nutty Western-type person a blank stare.

Sneak
The man smiles at the Westerner.

"You seem eager for a drink," he says, clearly amused. "Well, how about we'll make a deal. I'll show you to the nearest den of iniquity if you agree to hear a business proposition of mine."

He glances at the rider.

"Er, yes," he says, somewhat uncertainly. "Fine indeed."

Deadly
2007-02-01, 08:16 PM
Schnick shrugs at the rider I suppose it's what it is. I'm just here to find a competent wizard, then I'll likely be off again.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-01, 08:18 PM
To lawyer: Fine, but I try not to make deals with the devil. I herd it ain't safe. Guys who do that git lynched by the church.

Hoseki
2007-02-01, 08:20 PM
She hesitates, then seems to growl to nothing in particular. She dismounts, for some reason not bothering to hold onto her horse and proving to be on the short side as well. "I guess I'm obligated to help the villagers with their villagery stuff or whatever, then."

Deadly
2007-02-01, 08:22 PM
I suppose you could do that. Me, I'm going to go get a drink. I think I've earned it. he grins and walks towards the tavern

Sneak
2007-02-01, 08:23 PM
(( Actually, he's not a lawyer. ))

"Excellent," he says with a smile on his face. "Follow me, please." He takes hold of his briefcase again and walks towards Grit's Tavern.

Hoseki
2007-02-01, 08:28 PM
The ex-rider turns to her horse and whispers into his ear. Somehow, this causes the horse to vanish, leaving only some hoofprints and a pile of dung. She crosses toward the tavern, deciding that helping the villagers can come after she's had a couple drinks.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-01, 08:29 PM
((He's not a lawyer? Then the gunslinger's comment means nothing.))

The gunslinger follows the person who isn't a lawyer.

Flabbicus
2007-02-01, 08:30 PM
In the black forest outside the hamlet, the woods are so dense and close together that one would have trouble seeing in front of your face for more than a foot. There are things within that wood, things that never should be seen or experienced, things that were not meant to be heard, felt, or observed. One of those things was watching at the edge of the forest, watching the town.

The common myth is that faeries, daemons, and the various fay are altruistic, good in their intent yet disdained for their dark humor, but sometimes that humor becomes corrupted. Sometimes that humor can become an agent of destruction. Evil does not always have to be scheming, pedantic, or vile. Sometimes evil can be beautiful, serene, enchanting, and even breathtaking.

With those necessary facts out of the way we can now return to the figure described earlier, or rather, maintain the mystery surrounding him. The fay regarded the hamlet with neutral eyes, and, with a heavy heart, it plodded over the fair hills to the human settlement.

(Now back to the present tense.)

It walks into the streets of the hamlet and pokes around the shops a little. The creature racks its brains for what they do for fun. It settles upon a rather disheveled tavern and hooves over to it.

Rebonack
2007-02-02, 06:27 PM
A long figure trudges up the dusty road, his green cloak pulled about himself. The man is... unusually large. Well over seven feet. Though from his continence and he doesn't appear to be a half giant.

There is something markedly strange about the way he walks, with a stride that seems unnaturally fast and smooth. If one were able to better see his lower body behind his thick cloak the reason for this oddity might be made all the more clear.

The cloak isn't pulled back, at least not for now, so the basis to the man's gate will remain a mystery for the time being.

He extracts his water skin from his back-pack and squeezes the last few drops into his mouth. The man proceeds to glair at the humble repository in an exasperated sort of fashion. To be honest though, the water skin can't really be blamed for its lack of contents.

As he crests a hill he finally spots the smallish Hamlet he had been directed to by the Mysterious Mountain Hermit. If there was anything he had learned from his time adventuring it's that Mysterious Mountain Hermit's advice is always worth listening to.

Thus, he heads down the main street (if a loosely packed swath of dirt can really be called a street) and spots the Tavern soon there after. With a grin on his face he steps inside.

Kyral
2007-02-02, 07:59 PM
Atriuls walks outside and waits for Murphy to follow him.

Nevrmore
2007-02-02, 08:02 PM
Murphy follows suit, shaking his fur lightly at the cold air. "Come on! Tell me, tell me, tell me!"

Sneak
2007-02-02, 08:07 PM
The black haired man in the suit walks out of the tavern, money jingling in his pockets. He leans against the side of the tavern and pulls out a cigarette. He lights it begins to smoke.

"I always feel better after," he says to himself, grinning.

Kyral
2007-02-02, 08:10 PM
"Okay! First, you guess a number between one and ten. If you get it right, then I take a brick-" He points to a very conveniently placed pile of bricks near the two of them - "-and start building the foundation of a tower. If you get it wrong, you take a brick and start building. Then, you guess again, and if you get it wrong, you take another brick and keep building the tower. Okay?"

Nevrmore
2007-02-02, 08:11 PM
"Okay! Me first! I guess....seven!"

Kyral
2007-02-02, 08:17 PM
"Oh!" Atiuls shakes his head but smiles encouragingly. "You almost got it! It was six." He gestures to the pile. "Go get a brick!"

Nevrmore
2007-02-02, 08:20 PM
"Awww man!" Murphy says, setting a brick carefully down in front of him. "Okay.....four!"

Sneak
2007-02-02, 08:21 PM
The man watches Atriuls and Murphy with a smile on his face.

"That guy's good," he says to himself. "Of course, fooling that big oaf probably shouldn't take too much effort."

Kyral
2007-02-02, 08:26 PM
"It was nine." He grins. "It's okay, keep on goin'! That beginner's luck will kick in any second!"

Nevrmore
2007-02-02, 08:33 PM
((Can we just skip the foreplay and like, get to him building the tower or something?))

"I'll get it eventually!" Murphy says, grinning. He stacks another brick.

Kyral
2007-02-02, 08:37 PM
"Okay, guess again!" Murphy is, more or less, a dream come true for Atriuls.

Nevrmore
2007-02-02, 11:31 PM
".......Two?"

Rebonack
2007-02-03, 12:19 AM
As Shidar steps outside a Stone Giant lumbers into view. He's currently holding a sizable branch from an oak tree over his shoulder.

"Horg here for random encounter. You fight Horg now," the giant explains.

"Ah, well, I suppose there's no arguing with that..."

Nevrmore
2007-02-03, 12:23 AM
"Oooh! Oooh! Are you having a random encounter??" Murphy says, running up to Shidar, "I can help!"

Rebonack
2007-02-03, 12:37 AM
"Well, I suppose so," Shidar responds. He gives the giant an odd look. "Aren't you going to attack me?"

"Horg loose initiative roll. Horg has to wait for funny blue hair man to attack first."

"Ah... I see. Well, best of luck to you then."

The man then darts forward with impressive speed, the gauntlet on his right arm extending out into a jagged spear point. The weapon is driven into the giant, who doesn't appear to be very pleased. He supports this observation by walloping Shidar with his club, sending the man reeling.

The barbed spear tears on its way out too. Most uncomfortable.

Nevrmore
2007-02-03, 12:42 AM
"My turn now, blue man!" Murphy says, extending his wings and showing the impressive span. He takes to the sky, going up, up, up, up....up....And does a backwards loop-de-loop in mid-air, levelling out and charging straight at the stone giant.

Eight claws perforate the giant's chest, two hands drive themselves deep into its pectorals. Rebounding off the beast with his mighty leg strength, Murphy forcefully rips his hands out of Horg. The poor golem's breasts are shattered, leaving two gaping holes where they had once been.

"Sweet mothers! Horg can't believe you just did that!" Horg said, looking at his torso.

Rebonack
2007-02-03, 12:50 AM
"Horg going to whack you funny flying bear!" Horg bellows. "But... Horg take a nap first..."

The giant collapses to the ground. He appears to be exceptionally dead.

No sooner does he fall then a troop of gnomes scurry out of no where and cart the giant's body away; leaving behind any valuable items said giant had on his person.

Shidar glances over at Murphy.

"Well met Murphy!" The blue haired man congratulates the bear. "I'm going to the Dungeon of Unnecessary Peril. I don't suppose you would like to come along? There are sure to be riches of some sort or another."

Nevrmore
2007-02-03, 12:57 AM
"Dungeon of Unnecessary Peril?? That sounds real fun!" Murphy says, shaking the various stone sediment out of his fur.

Rebonack
2007-02-03, 01:02 AM
"Excellent!" the blue haired man responds. "I can't say I've ever adventured with a bear before, although my last party's druid remained in bear form for most of our travels. So I suppose that's similar to adventuring with a bear."

He walks down the dusty road, heading for the entrance to the Caves of Generic Creeping. The road signs help. As does the map given to him by the Mysterious Mountain Hermit.

Nevrmore
2007-02-03, 01:03 AM
"Wow, we're adventuring with a bear? Cool!" Murphy says, tagging along behind Shidar.

Kyral
2007-02-03, 09:04 AM
Atriuls wakes up from his position on the ground. He stands and straightens his back, and looks towards where Murphy had begun building the tower. Seeing that it's unfinished, he makes a mental note to himself to assassinate the forum lag and walks into Grit's Tavern.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-03, 02:45 PM
The western gunslinger follows after Shidar, the spurs on his boots making that well-known jingle with each step.

Flabbicus
2007-02-03, 08:58 PM
The faun plods out of the pub, its bones creaking as it moves. He walks over to a trough filled with water and splashes some on its face. He pulls out a water-skin and gulps the water down, more water splashing over its fur and the ground.

He moves over to a house and crouches and then fires up and propels itself towards the roof of the building. He looks around the tiny settlement and leaps again, in the direction of the woods.

He lands among a pile of auburn leaves in the hamlet's coppice and scuffles through the underbrush. He pulls out a large piece of wood. The faun breaks off a few off the excess protrusions and growths. After the crude staff is suitably cylindrical the faun holds the staff face up in its palms. His eyes light up with crude and natural magic as a reddish aura covers the staff and incinerates the bark and tinder surrounding the strong yew at the center.

He wields his new wooden staff and wanders back around the hamlet.

Kyral
2007-02-05, 05:23 PM
Atriuls steps out of the Tavern and walks towards the small pile of bricks that had been the foundation for his Tower. He thinks for a moment or so, then begins piling them in a large circle.
After a day of work, Atriuls falls to the ground, breathing heavily. "Great. See, if I had cement, some way of building a good foundation and digging a basement, and enough bricks to build the damned tower, I might be able to finish this project." He stands and shakes his fist at the sky. "Kemkull! This is all your fault!"
There is silence from the heavens.
"Dammit, that was your cue!"
A bored voice echoes from the sky. "Atriuls, you won't get your godhood back anytime soon."
"Really? And what'd you tell the rest of the panthenon? That I gave my position to you of free accord? Honestly, for the God of Justice, that's pure hypocrisy."
"It's no business of yours."
"I'm sure Shina would love to hear how you slung me from the skies into the middle of nowhere, with nothing to eat, no way to make a profit...and here I am, trying to build a tower with my own hands, trying to make some honest coin..."
THOOM!
The ground under Atriuls' small foundation explodes in a hail of bricks and dirt as a tower shoots from the ground. Stretching up for several hundred feet, it suddenly stops with a jerk. It is made of hewn marble, and two flags on the top proudly read, "God of Justice." Atriuls grins at the sight as bricks fall all around him. "Kemkull, I can read you like a book."
There's no answer.
Atriuls laughs and steps into the door's tower, just before stepping back outside to place a piece of broken wood with some ink just above the door.
God of War's General Store and Inn

Nevrmore
2007-02-06, 12:52 AM
His pace is awkward. A half-limp, half-stride. His eyes are sunken, blackness surrounding the white, the telltale sign of either intense sickliness or deviance. A pained smile stretches his face, seemingly never leaving him.

His form is unusually thin, muscles whittled away over the years to just the bare minimum to be able to correctly function in life. He had an affinity for cracking his knuckles, although that was habit more than character. His hair was strange - two toned of off-white and jetblack, although he didn't dye it so. It was obvious that his mane was slowly turning the color of a dead man's skin. It was unkempt, to his shoulders, and one could tell simply by looking how greasy it was.

His clothing seems at least a size too big. A black tunic and black pants are contrasted with a white jacket, sleeveless and stretching down to his calves. Raggedy shoes adorned his feet, but they were much too old to be of any use anymore. The man had one lone weapon - A short, thin sword, resembling for all the world like a Japanese wakizashi, although for some reason it seems crooked at an angle that no japanese sword should be, so much so that he cannot properly sheathe it.

His name was Ater Amo. He walked towards the tavern.

AmberVael
2007-02-08, 09:18 AM
Far, far above the tiny Hamlet, there was an entity of impossible power; an entity who knew more than the gods, and had control over them. He had sway over the fabric of the universe, the ability to alter fate, create something from nothing, to give and take life.

This entity was known as Steve.

Steve was admittedly bored. he had been toying around for a while, but he always seemed to want something else. To move on to other things, more exciting things. Lately, the number of exciting things and new ideas had decreased considerably, or at least from his point of view they had. He had created a few gods, interfered with the lives of numerous people, and even confused a number of entities similar to himself. Confused them very well indeed. Steve smirks at the thought and then turns his mischevious gaze from the Town and notes the Hamlet for the first time.

He tilts his head and grins. A chance to start afresh! To make things anew and fear not greater powers interfering with his fun. Steve raised a hand to create a life amidst the Hamlet, then stopped. Wouldn't it just end as it had before? What would change? Eventually it would just grow exactly as the other had, unless he played his cards exactly right.

Steve mused over the situation, wondering what he should do. Then a thought struck- why should he create a single entity and confine himself to that? Why couldn't he make it like a sort of divine chess? With a smile Steve tapped his fingers together in a way that, according to the Hitchhiker's Guide, should be illegal. After a moment of thought, Steve laughed and moved towards the Hamlet to see what he could do...

Deadly
2007-02-08, 02:17 PM
Schnick, having wandered the surrounding lands the last day or so, returns to the Hamlet. He looks around for a while, then walks into the tavern to get a drink.

Xaspian
2007-02-08, 03:42 PM
A column of dust can be seen from further up the path leading into the Hamlet.

A short time later, the dust is a lot closer, and galloping noises can be heard.

Wahoooo!

A large sheep gallops down the road, with a crazed-looking halfling riding it. It careers, skids, and crashes through the window into Grit's Tavern.

Rebonack
2007-02-08, 05:59 PM
Shidar makes his way into the Hamlet leading a pair of mules heavily laden with riches from his latest dungeon crawl. He ties the animals near a trough and leans against The Random Tree ™.

“Well… Now the question remains what to do with all of this loot. The Hamlet is small, few would be able exchange much in the way of goods for it…”

He thinks for a moment, pondering what his next course of action should be. The nearest large city is easily a three week journey away.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-08, 07:45 PM
"Joe" follows him, with new bullets, and a blood-stained left arm.

Ya could set yourself up with prepaid booze every time ya enter the saloon. A home might be a sound investment if ya plan on stayin' here fer a while, and a new horse might help if ya plan on leavin' sometime.

Acco Spoot
2007-02-08, 09:57 PM
The Little Purple monkey falls out of the branches of the tree and onto the road, he lets out a feeble Oook before looking at his banana, blackened by bruising he places it inside his stolen haversack and ooks once more, seeing civilisation out of the corner of his eyes, dancing on the spot before running towards the town, haversack in one hand and banana in the other.

Rebonack
2007-02-08, 10:10 PM
"A horse would be a nice start, I suppose," Shidar responds. "If need be I could head over to the forest and fell some trees. The urn should be able to build a livable home within an hour or two."

He nods.

"A horse would be helpful as well. I suspect you could likewise use a beast to bear you."

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 03:16 PM
Yeah I suppose. Think they have any white horses round here?

((For reason why 'Joe' said that, check here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_with_No_Name), and look under the supernatural interpretation of the Man With No Name))

Kyral
2007-02-09, 03:30 PM
Atriuls throws open the door to Grit's and races out angrily. Noticing that 'Joe' and Shidar seem to be the only ones in the Streets, he jogs up to them and hands each of them a flyer. The flyer has a picture of the Inn upon it, and below it reads
God of Justice's General Store and Inn! Kemkull Himself Commands It!
Composing himself, he makes a forced smile. "Please come to the God of Justice's General Store and Inn, or Kemkull will smite your heathen souls!"

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 03:36 PM
Umm...okay then.

'Joe' heads over to the place with a lot of recently acquired loot.

Kyral
2007-02-09, 03:41 PM
Atriuls snarls under his breath, tearing a flyer in half. "Gah...how do those other scammers do advertising..." He puts another forced smile on and tries to run in front of Joe. "I meant, like, now."
Realizing that the 'place with a lot of recently acquired loot' is the Inn, he sighs and walks in after him.

Xaspian
2007-02-09, 04:20 PM
A halfling pushes a large sheep through the front door to Grit's Tavern. He gives the sheep a kick.

Come on, we need to get going. Look, it's just over there.

Baaaaa

The sheep perks up a bit, and they both walk over to the God of Justice's.

Flabbicus
2007-02-09, 04:33 PM
The faun dashes out of Grit's tavern. He glances around, unsatisfied with what he sees, and disappears in the direction of the Dungeon.

Kyral
2007-02-09, 04:36 PM
disappears in the direction of the Dungeon.
((:smallconfused:
How does one disappear in a certain direction?))

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 05:52 PM
The gunslinger known as Joe heads out of the God of Justice's, and then goes to Grit's Tavern.

Flabbicus
2007-02-09, 09:35 PM
((:smallconfused:
How does one disappear in a certain direction?))

(Gradually cease to exist while moving towards a direction?)

Xaspian
2007-02-11, 09:48 AM
Nameless leaves Grit's. He looks up and down the road.

I wonder... Why doesn't a place like this have a chapel or temple?

He wanders down, and goes into the GoJ's.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Not long afterwards, and completely coincidentally, a pair of large carts move slowly up the road.

Right, that'll do.

They slow to a stop, and a robed man climbs out of the first one.

This looks like a good enough place. We can start here.

A group of 6 people follow, and begin unloading some of the contents. They quickly put up a small shed by the side of the road, a short distance. A sign hangs above it.

Chapel of Glory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34605)

AmberVael
2007-02-11, 12:08 PM
A man comes down the road, a man with a single vivid blue eye, and a scar where the other eye should be. His hair and beard are untrimmed and wild, slightly matted and dirtied from his travels. The three swords on his back, however, are keen and very well maintained, and each of them a different color. One appears to be silver, the other a slight blue material, and the last the dull green sheen of adamantine. ((Gotta love rhymes))
The man plods down the road and heads into the tavern.

Deadly
2007-02-11, 02:58 PM
Schnick walks out of the tavern and looks around at the tiny village.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-11, 03:05 PM
"Joe" the Westerner leaves the tavern, loads his Colt 45.'s, and leans against the tavern wall, as he lights a cigarette with a small gold 007-ish lighter.

To Schnick: Hey, you there. Know where I can git a horse or a house?

Xaspian
2007-02-11, 03:07 PM
Seran leave the Tavern, and heads over to the Chapel.

Deadly
2007-02-11, 03:10 PM
Schnick turns around I would ask around a bit, I'm sure some farmer have a horse or two that he'll sell if you pay well enough. As for a house... well, I was looking for one myself just now, but I think you'd have to build one. Lot's of space, that's for sure, so finding the materials and putting them together is the only problem.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-11, 03:20 PM
Aw crap.

"Joe" decides to wait where he is, and watch as threads rise out of the ground.

Flabbicus
2007-02-11, 03:23 PM
The faun bolts into the Hamlet and gnaws on a piece of raw fish it found in a stream nearby the settlement.

"I'll go back to that cave when I have nothing better to do. Judging from my time here that won't take long at all...

He pads around the streets.

Deadly
2007-02-11, 03:24 PM
Schnick walks back into the tavern, finding it a bit cold outside.

Xaspian
2007-02-13, 08:16 AM
Seran walks down the road towards the General Store, and enters.

Castaras
2007-02-13, 08:49 AM
A tall human woman walks into the hamlet. She stares at her surroundings, watching for any sign of movement. After a few minutes she heads to where the Chapel of Glory is being built.

Xaspian
2007-02-13, 08:53 AM
Seran steps out of the God of Justice's, and walks back up to the Chapel.

Xaspian
2007-02-13, 10:56 AM
A worker sprints from the Chapel site, and dashes to the Store.

He emerges a few seconds later, and runs back to the chapel.

AmberVael
2007-02-13, 11:07 AM
Nial runs down the streets, gasping for breath and looking for a place to hide. He fumbles open a pouch at his right side while he runs.

Xaspian
2007-02-13, 11:09 AM
Three workers run from the Chapel Site, one of them holding a coil of rope. They run in the direction Nial went.

Castaras
2007-02-13, 11:09 AM
Eria runs after him, speeding up towards him as her fast movement takes effect.

AmberVael
2007-02-13, 11:12 AM
Nial comes to a crossroads and snaps out a strange object which he throws in the streets. It hisses and black smoke pours out, and he waits for it to entirely obscure his movement before continuing straight down the main street and dodging into a alley.

Xaspian
2007-02-13, 11:12 AM
The workers lag behind Eria, but keep following as fast as they can.

Castaras
2007-02-13, 11:13 AM
Eria stops in front of the smoke and looks round.

Damn him.

She tries to run into the smoke but comes out again coughing.

Xaspian
2007-02-13, 11:14 AM
The workers slow to a halt, stopping just before the smoke.

AmberVael
2007-02-13, 11:16 AM
In the alleyway, Nial swiftly pulls a very light, thin cloak from his pouch and tosses it around him, while shifting his swords to be far less noticeable. He also puts on a cap before continuing down the streets at a normal pace, pulling his cloak around him and his cap down to help obscure his identity. He keeps to one side of the streets, trying to remain inconspicuous.

Xaspian
2007-02-13, 11:17 AM
The workers look around confused, unable to spot Nial. They go back to the building site.

Castaras
2007-02-13, 11:18 AM
Eria walks through the now clearing smoke and sees the hooded person.

Excuse me!

She runs up to him.

You seen a person with an adamantine sword run past here?

AmberVael
2007-02-13, 11:21 AM
N'mam.
Nial makes sure to keep his voice quite different.
Go' any change?

Castaras
2007-02-13, 11:23 AM
Eria fumbles in her pockets and gives him a gold piece.

Ok, Thanks.

She then turns and walks back to the chapel.

AmberVael
2007-02-13, 11:26 AM
Nial flips the piece to himself and slips it quickly into his pocket, inwardly grinning.
Fools.
He keeps going down the streets until he gets into the tavern.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-13, 11:48 AM
*A horse wearing a cloaked man trots into the Center of the Hamlet. The man hops off his steed and smacks it on the arse with a gloved hand.*

"Sorry, but you're not on my equipment list and I don't know the rules for mounted combat anyway, so off ya go."

*the horse scurries off and makes his way to Rohan where he serves as a noble steed. The rider looks around and chuckles at the place. He heads to a pub to see what he can buy to quench his thirst*

(Atonari, meet Hamlet. Lets see how it goes here.)

Deadly
2007-02-15, 06:13 PM
Somewhere in the distance a figure appears slowly in the mist, walking towards to small hamlet. As the figure gets closer it turns out to be a woman, covered in a dark robe. She moves silently, almost as if floating through the mist.

As she enters the hamlet she stops briefly, then walks into the tavern.

Xaspian
2007-02-15, 06:15 PM
A stream of workers, supervised by Seran, carries materials from the God of Justice's to the Chapel.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-16, 05:50 PM
'Joe' exits the tavern, and spots a deep rabbit hole, a red pill, and a blue pill.

He doesn't get the references, and wanders back into the tacern.

Rainspattered
2007-02-22, 11:17 PM
Dusting off his tight grey jeans and adjusting the guitar on his back, Meprize Laplis was just thankful the magic bag he carried most of his gear in prevented its weight from effecting him. The guitar was heavy enough as it was. It'll send you into another world, the dealer said. There's nothing like it, he said.
It was not in Meprize's experience or nature to put great trust in the literal speech of men who deal in hallucinogens. He thoguht it would be cool if it send him into a trance at the show that night.
No, that weird Sapta thing had actually flung Meprize from the fabric of the universe and into the country side around some pisswater town that was still in the distance despite a fairly long time of walking. Being dead hadn't been this dull, he reflected, looking at the town inch closer as he trudged with the guitar on his back. Maybe it's wasn't so far, but it was still too far.
He coudl pretend he had just tripped out and gotten lost in America or even flown to some other country, but the world around him was totally alien. His undead skin didn't crackle as it had to constantly reknit itself to keep away the process of decay any longer. It simply no longer deteriorated.
He thought maybe he was dead again, but when he was dead, he wasn't in his old body. He certainly wouldn't be in his undead body.
Finally trudging up to the town, he nods at anyone who passes, getting strange looks for his rivetted leather jacket, tight pants, and frilled shirt so tight-fitting, one could count every single one of his ribs.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-23, 05:39 PM
Joe leaves the tavern, finds a small farm somewhere, and starts negotiating with an NPC farmer to buy his white stallion.

Don't you want the nice, more expensive brown mare I have here?

No, man. I'm the Pale Rider, I need a white horse. Its my thing.

If you say so, sir. But when that unbroken nut goes and snaps your neck, remember I warned you.

Stuff your warnings and gimme the horse.

The farmer finally gives in: Fine, fine...

Xaspian
2007-03-04, 02:08 PM
A Chapel Worker leaves the Chapel, supporting Haruka. The worker leads the way to Grit's.

Kyral
2007-03-04, 02:15 PM
He continues tapping at the ground with his cane as he's led by the chapel worker, up until he goes into Grit's.
((V Edited.))

Xaspian
2007-03-12, 02:49 PM
A group of workers travel back to the Chapel. Not long after, a single worker walks out onto the road, clutching a scrap of paper. He looks up and down the street, searching for any law-enforcers, or something of the sort. HE shrugs, and goes to the Tavern.

Castaras
2007-03-12, 03:27 PM
Dajan heads out of the tavern. He walks through the streets of the small place, looking around.

Xaspian
2007-03-12, 03:35 PM
The worker emerges from the tavern, and wanders around, looking for any police station, or summat similar.

Castaras
2007-03-12, 03:40 PM
After a short while he comes back outside the tavern, frowning. He heads for a small house. He has quiet words with the NPC living there. They shake hands, and go in.

Deadly
2007-03-29, 03:19 PM
Schnick walks out from Grit's and looks around the empty streets Spooky... he mutters as he walks down the road a bit

After wandering for a while he walks back to the tavern where he meets Stick. They both go to get some sleep.