PDA

View Full Version : Charging into E6

Fouredged Sword
2014-03-06, 11:45 AM
Ok, so I have always wanted to try out playing a warforged charger, but I have never found them mechanically sound as I want. That 4LA is hard to get around.

Then I had a thought. It could be played in E6 as a dungeoncrasher fighter.

You would have 18str, 8dex, 18con, 4int, 4wis, and 1cha.

Yes, horrid mental stats. 1 skill point per level, and weak willsaves. No social skills ether.

On the other hand, consider that you are large with 75% fortification, and pick up knockback to go with dungeoncrasher. You can maybe even go into warhulk or Warforged Juggernaut as epic progression feat chains.

So, playground, what are your thoughts. Is this viable, and what would you do with it?

OldTrees1
2014-03-06, 03:55 PM
I do not think it is worth it.
The LA hurts your point buy more than it gives in modifiers.
Large Size is relatively cheap. (+1LA: Goliath + Mountian Rage or Nerfed Half-Minotaur)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-03-06, 06:18 PM
Not viable at all, they have 4 HD of Construct, which gets 3/4 BAB and Commoner base saves. You'll never get +6 BAB, and with Fighter 2 for Dungeoncrasher your base saves will be For 4, Ref 1, Will 1, which with ability score adjustments will be Fort +8, Ref +0, Will -2.

If you want a +4 LA Dungeoncrasher in E6, go with a Water Orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#racesOfWater) Half-Goristro (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x&page=1). That gets you Str 28, Dex 6, Con 20, Int 6, Wis 6, Cha 8, +8 natural armor, two slams that both hit for your full attack bonus and deal 2d6+1.5 Str and each count as two-handed weapons for Power Attack, spell-like abilities, resistances, immunities, DR, SR, and the outsider creature type. Plus you can take six class levels, for all six Fighter levels an the full benefits of Dungeoncrasher, plus the E6 Fighter capstone feat so you can get Melee Weapon Mastery with your slams.

At 1st level his full attack will be +10/+10 for 2d6+13 each, or +9/+9 for 2d6+15 power attacking. At 2nd level you can Levitate above an opponent and Dungeoncrash them against the ground if necessary. Your full attack will look like +9/+9 for 2d6+17 each, every hit bull rushes for +21, and dungeoncrashes for 4d6+18. That's 12d6+70 damage per full attack, at 2nd level.