PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Scrolling/page opening issue while surfing the net - please help

Bulldog Psion
2014-03-06, 07:04 PM
Another appeal to the mighty hive mind of the Playground here. :smallwink: Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

The issue is, there is a website clothing catalog that provides 6,000 pages of answers to certain searches. When you start scrolling down using the scroll bar, it opens more and more pictures in the same page. Though there are page numbers down at the bottom, it scrolls too fast to click on them. Page after page opens automatically as you scroll down.

Is there any way to stop this "auto extend" or whatever it's called? I'd like to view one page at a time, and have the option to "jump ahead" to a specific page. Neither is currently an option for me.

Any suggestions on how to stop this feature? I'm using Comodo IceDragon, which is basically the same thing as Firefox with a few extra bells and whistles.

factotum
2014-03-07, 02:38 AM
Does NoScript work with IceDragon? I imagine preventing scripts running on that site would prevent the effect you're talking about, but there's the question of whether the site would still actually be usable afterwards.