PDA

View Full Version : 20th level gestalt with rules help...

Rosenrot
2014-03-06, 09:30 PM
Ok so me and my big mouth got into quite a pickle. A friend and myself started a random character creation challenge which others joined and now they want a campaign out of it!

The rules:
1) Characters must me small or smaller
2) Non-standard races
3) Point buy off system (45 for 0, 40 for 1 etc...)
4) MUST HAVE VOW OF POVERTY
5) Point buy system, starts at 10 base and a 1 for 1 progression, 8 points per stat max...
6) no more then 5 levels per class
7) level 20 Gestalt
8) Pathfinder skills and feat progression

So, that being said, does anyone have any ideas on character development? the first 4-5 points are where I'm having issues with. So i figured i would draw upon the community to get ideas.

Thank you for helping out :)

Zweisteine
2014-03-06, 10:15 PM
I would recommend taking the vow, breaking it, and retraining it (if you can). Otherwise, just breaking it is fine.

More seriously, though, you'll want some divine casting, probably, of a class with an absurdly cheap holy symbol. Hopefully, whoever is in charge will e nice and let a holy symbol not count against the vow.

As for LA, is anything fair game? Can you bring in Unseelie Fey? With the vow, thee are no drawbacks to that template.

Rosenrot
2014-03-06, 10:21 PM
no vow shenanigans. the point buy system i refrenced was you can "spend" 5 points (used for abilities) to reduce LA by 1 per 5 points... but again, small or smaller