PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Good 3rd-party publishers?

Gabe the Bard
2014-03-06, 11:03 PM
So, what are some good publishers of third-party materials for Pathfinder? I've heard pretty good things about Dreamscarred Press, and I'm wondering if there are other publishers out there that have consistently balanced classes and options for players and GMs, not too weak and not too overpowered.

Pink
2014-03-06, 11:19 PM
I find Rogue Genius Games puts out stuff with interesting mechanics that also seem generally balanced.

NotAnAardvark
2014-03-06, 11:23 PM
I've seen some good stuff from Tripod.

They tend to make "overpowered" mundanes though, in the sense that some of them are potentially T3.

Shinken
2014-03-07, 01:13 AM
Radiant House got their Occultist done very well.

Most of the other companies (aside from DSP) seem to go with quantity over quality, so I dismiss most of their materials. Of course, you can find some gems here and there.

Fenryr
2014-03-08, 12:47 PM
Personally I think Kobold Press and Dreamscarred are the best.

I agree with Shinken. Gems are here and there and you should read everything first.

Bickerstaff
2014-03-08, 02:29 PM
I'm a fan of Dreamscarred Press myself. Consistently good stuff comes out of there.

Kudaku
2014-03-08, 02:56 PM
I quite enjoyed Ultimate Rulership from Legendary Games.

ghanjrho
2014-03-09, 10:00 PM
Rogue Genius Games (formerly Super Genius Games) has the quite excellent Talented [Class] line. While all I have currently is the Talented Fighter, The Talented Monk and Talented Rogue have very good reputations.

QuackParker
2014-03-09, 10:12 PM
Rite puts out decent material

Psyren
2014-03-09, 10:36 PM
Radiant House got their Occultist done very well.

Rogue Genius Games (formerly Super Genius Games) has the quite excellent Talented [Class] line. While all I have currently is the Talented Fighter, The Talented Monk and Talented Rogue have very good reputations.

Seconding these two heartily. SGG's archetype packages are great for, say, creating a non-magical bard that uses sneak attack etc.

I also like Adamant's stuff, though it does tend towards higher power. Their Priest and Warlock look fun to play.

Shinken
2014-03-09, 11:40 PM

Why did they change names, btw?

Pink
2014-03-10, 02:45 AM
Why did they change names, btw?

Technically, Super Genius Games still exists, however the majority of the developers split off into their own company, RGG, and as part of the buy-out, took most of the Pathfinder products with them.

Shinken
2014-03-10, 03:08 AM
Technically, Super Genius Games still exists, however the majority of the developers split off into their own company, RGG, and as part of the buy-out, took most of the Pathfinder products with them.

The plot thickens.

Averis Vol
2014-03-10, 03:21 AM
4thing or 5thing DSP. They are basically the only developers I really enjoy from pathfinder. 4 winds does an awesome job of making a really, REALLY, gritty limb removal system though.