PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Iaijutsu Assassin [Base][PEACH]

gooddragon1
2014-03-07, 07:16 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

gooddragon1
2014-03-08, 02:59 AM
Updated everything and even added feats. No dead levels remaining. Added flavor text. I would like review on the relationship between minor/major prowess per day and effectiveness of abilities in particular but all feedback is good.

EDIT: Fixed something to allow 1 opportunity attack to gain the benefits of iaijutsu so a later class feature functions appropriately and to allow an AoO in general.

boros_blitz
2014-03-08, 05:12 AM
Just looked at the class really quickly, and i have a couple of critiques:
1. Hot Steel is a very underpowered. 1d6 extra fire damage at level 11? Maybe have it deal more damage or have it come earlier?
2. Iaijutsu practitioners are FAST. They use very little strength, traditionally, and focus on speed. Perhaps give them some sort of finesse type ability?
3. Perhaps give some abilities a WIS focus? It would be very thematically appropriate, and make them a bit more than a warrior.

Hope these critiques help!

gooddragon1
2014-03-08, 05:19 AM
Just looked at the class really quickly, and i have a couple of critiques:
1. Hot Steel is a very underpowered. 1d6 extra fire damage at level 11? Maybe have it deal more damage or have it come earlier?
2. Iaijutsu practitioners are FAST. They use very little strength, traditionally, and focus on speed. Perhaps give them some sort of finesse type ability?
3. Perhaps give some abilities a WIS focus? It would be very thematically appropriate, and make them a bit more than a warrior.

Hope these critiques help!

1- It's just a nifty way to deal fire damage and they don't often deal damage outside normal stuff. It's more for thematics but i moved it to 5 and reflexive recovery to 11.
2- The way that the extra damage is dealt somewhat lends itself to that already. But I'll give them weapon finesse and and finesse with more options later.
3- Thousand hands to wis has been implemented.

Thanks for the critiques.