PDA

View Full Version : building an inevitable high lvl

kaaskeizer
2014-03-07, 04:08 PM
Hi Playground,

I'm looking to build an Inevitable (the Zelekhut from MM) in a high level campaign (ECL 18, divine rank 0). We can use anything from any source. Any tips?
I want to include something rogue-like. I know the Zelekhut is not very rogue-like, but our party is desperatly in need of someone keeping them from wandering mindlessly into traps. ^^;

Urpriest
2014-03-07, 06:26 PM
You've only got three levels to play with...no special bonuses to Dex or Int...

One thing to keep in mind is that all traps are CR 10 or lower, so you probably won't be running into traps at this point in the game. I'd combine that with a healthy dose of "but how do they go about their daily lives if there are all these traps in the way?" and just deter traps from your gameworld.

Otherwise, you're pretty far behind, with seven fewer hit dice...you do have dispel magic at-will, so you can at least get rid of magical traps when you see them. Search is a class skill for your Zelekhut levels, so I suppose you could go into something with trapfinding and just count on being able to find the damn things and then get rid of them with dispel magic.

Zelekhut is pretty hard to optimize in general, really, though.

Zweisteine
2014-03-07, 09:48 PM
Why Zelekhut, might I ask?

Perhaps the trapkiller barbarian would work...

If you're epic anyway, a nice DM might let you trade your outsider HD for cleric levels, or let you have some form of limited inherent cleric casting (Law and Travel domains, probably). Replacing all of your not-at-will SLAs with 7 or 8 levels of cleric casting wouldn't be too bad, I imagine.

I bet there are some appropriately-themed PrCs you could go into as well.